The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 3 IS UP!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament!
« Reply #75 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Invitational Character!
This is Nyasuu http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character%3bid=2004
Nyasuu is the main character of my Story Daega Clash, and her role in the story is to unfold the mysteries of Daehan, mysterious abilities some possess, right the wrongs of the Succubus Warlord, and discover her abilities as the Daega of life- one beatdown at a time.

Some information about her:

Let's start with what she is; Nyasuu is a Catfolk from a village called Bero in a world known as Drind. She was never known as a very serious or a very smart person, and her decisions often are met with consequences. She has issues with her temper, but has a wonderful friend, Orika Aegis, who will protect her through her journey.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 10:20 PM by Julienya »

« Reply #77 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Julienya-- I'm using my phone at the moment, but it looks to me like you've got a broken link in that first post.
In addition, if you look closely you'll find that there is an edit button to modify your posts, if you forgot something.

You got it.
Nice to see another competitor! The more the merrier!
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 10:23 PM by J.Vandermeer »

« Reply #78 on: Mar 22, 2012, 06:33 AM »
Blarg I'm so late! Wasn't aware of this invitational until I followed a link posted by Delya on DevART.

Prior to this I tried submitting a character to Void 5 years ago but was declined due to general terribleness. I really appreciated the feedback provided by the team and decided to work on really improving before trying again.

I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment and the invitational sounds like a great way to get inspiration and improve, so I'd love to get involved if I can. Definitely want to create a new character for this before next Friday, but meantime here are some older character sheets as examples:

Example1: http://fav.me/d2q63j0
Example2: http://fav.me/d34vgyl
Example3: http://fav.me/d3i1gd3

« Reply #79 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Blarg I'm so late! Wasn't aware of this invitational until I followed a link posted by Delya on DevART.

Prior to this I tried submitting a character to Void 5 years ago but was declined due to general terribleness. I really appreciated the feedback provided by the team and decided to work on really improving before trying again.

I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment and the invitational sounds like a great way to get inspiration and improve, so I'd love to get involved if I can. Definitely want to create a new character for this before next Friday, but meantime here are some older character sheets as examples:

Example1: http://fav.me/d2q63j0
Example2: http://fav.me/d34vgyl
Example3: http://fav.me/d3i1gd3

Just enter something, you'll do fine.

« Reply #80 on: Mar 22, 2012, 11:15 AM »
Glad you decided to join us! [:

« Reply #81 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:57 PM »
GAAAHHHH You only have one more slot left! http://entervoid.com/Smileys/default/shocked.gif I wish to enter the contest, but my ref is taking longer than it should, :C so  is it possible that you can put in as 24, and I promise I'll get it done mucho fast! Please?

NO. YOU'RE LYING TO ME AND I CAN SMELL IT ON YOUR BREATH.

I'm kidding. We don't have one more slot left. We have PLENTY MANY SLOTS left. I only write (number) - - - to show we have a slot open left. And because of that I'm posting as a general reminder, THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR SIGN UP. SO SIGN UP IF YOU WANTED TO SIGN UP. GET YOUR SHIT IN ORDER AND ENTER VOID.

« Reply #83 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Name: Mammon

Height: 6"5

History:

Ever since he was a young child, Mammon was bullied and pushed around for being a weak runt, usually getting his face rubbed in dirt or having his emotions tugged around like strings. When he was 16, he ran from home and situated himself in a city far away. Word came around that volunteers were being sought out for a project of some sort, and having nowhere else to go and monetary compensation being offered, he decided to step up and volunteer. It was soon revealed that the project centered around a chemical called the Ubermensch Substance, which the volunteers (400 of them) were exposed to for test-runs. Some subjects reacted very well to the chemical (Mammon himself included, as he had grown an entire foot in height over the course of three-four months), and gained enhanced strength and speed along with a heightened pain tolerance. Most, however...didn't do so well. With the deaths that followed from failed test subjects, the project was announced as closed. However, the project was not to be released to the public, and the administrators of the facility at which the volunteers were held decided to systematically cull the population. Eventually, the secret was uncovered and tension boiled over; a full-blown riot broke out which resulted in a large majority of the 300 subjects that were left escaping. Five years after, at age 24, Mammon is perhaps one of the last 100 or so "Ubermensches", as the subjects have been dubbed, to still be alive after the administrators have been steadily picking them off. However, this fact doesn't bother him as he roams the streets of Void with nary a care in the world.

Personality:
Arrogant and self-centered, Mammon is a guy who seems to always seek out trouble. Often quick to engage others, he'll get quite flustered and irritated if someone manages to dish his insults right back at him, and will very likely resort to physical means to fight back. He gets along most with people that just simply agree with him and stroke his ego (which are far and in-between). He doesn't think in hindsight most of the time, primarily just looking for the next thrill. Under the arrogance and overconfidence, however, lies a pitiful self-esteem that lingers from his childhood and the very back of his subconscious. As a result, his ego, while quite large, is as easily bruised as a rotten piece of fruit.

Abilities:

Due to the exposure from the Ubermensch Substance, Mammon is very strong with a remarkable tolerance to pain. On top of that, he's infuriatingly fast, which gives him the illusion of being stronger than he already is; what seems like one punch could very likely be two or three in rapid succession. When his blood pressure spikes to a certain degree (usually through sheer rage), the chemical in his body becomes concentrated and amplifies his physical capabilities, giving the skin a greenish hue and veins a slight glow akin to radioactivity. However, it does come with repercussions; the lows after this stage hit quite hard, usually with horrible migraines that can last for hours and almost overwhelming fatigue.

~~~~~
fkbdsa I'm really excited/nervous/anxious about this. eue
Oh, and here's my deviant account, as per the requirements of showing artistic skill: http://magistelle.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012, 05:19 PM by Magistelle »

You guys who have entered thus far are all so awesome. Good stuff all around, I have high hopes for this tournament :)

A 26 year old Ex-Mercenary, who now works as a bodyguard-for-hire.  He carries a UMP45 and a Glock 18 as weapons.  He likes to hangout at bookstores and coffee shops rather than the typical bar.  Zachary gets his jobs either through phone or the internet, people find him usually through word of mouth.  Zachary is a skilled marksman.  But he lets his anger control him in many situations and it becomes his weakness.

I hope I did this right. plz let me know if I didn't >_<

Samuel lives downtown. Laid back, cool kid.

Super Strength.

Stanley Martin

Languages: English
Education: Graduated high school with average grades; attended one semester of college before bailing.
Personality:
Goofy slacker. Motivated by food. Stanley is almost constantly an optimistic person, always trying to find a positive side to every situation. Slightly timid around new people, he is quick to avoid confrontation and thinking about conflict makes him nervous. And hungry. Though not overweight, Stanley's vice has always been food. He enjoys everything about it and will nab snacks wherever they are offered... or sometimes even when they are not. This is in fact, the reason he is currently unemployed. He was fired after being caught snacking on the food he was supposed to be preparing for customers.

Dislikes: Working, Waking Up, Being Hungry

How he came to be in Void City:

When Stanley's parents changed the locks to their house, leaving him a note about it being his time to finally move out, Stanley realized that it was probably about time he moved out. Deciding to take this chance to start on a new path, Stanley traveled to Void City with high hopes of experiencing life out in the real world.

Here is a link to my icon...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/stanleymartinicon.jpg/
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2012, 05:07 PM by Prometheusd »

POSTING YOUR ARTWORK/CHARACTER IN THIS FORUM THREAD WILL NOT ENTER YOU INTO THE TOURNEY.
YOU MUST ENTER YOUR CHARACTER THRU THE MANAGER LINK ON THE MAIN SITE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ENTRY!!!!
ANYONE WHO DOES NOT ENTER ON THE MAIN SITE BEFORE THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ENTERED INTO THE TOURNEY!!!!

Those of you who have already done so would be well served by reading the various threads in the Help Section to familiarize yourself with our rules and requirements.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2012, 05:37 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

So many awesome characters, freakin' please submit them! Best of luck to all of you. I''m loving all these guys so far and look forward to this tourney.

Just so none of you needlessly panic, everyone in the thread up to this point, you've all submitted so far.

This is definitely gonna be one hell of a tourney. I can't wait!

Oogh, I should definitely work on an intro story. Good luck, everybody! :D

Height:4'6"
Samantha Barcillina is a snotty, privileged, rich girl. Although her family is part of the aristocracy, many within the main house are secretly part of an assassination organization dealing with all manner of murder, infiltration, and scouting jobs. Sam is also part of this organization and has been training under her mother's unerring eye. Sam may look weak and small but Sam has the deadly ability to manipulate shadows.  She is cunning and won't think twice about using tricks to get the upper hand in any situation. Everything to her is basically a game and she gets bored easily when she doesn't have any killing to do.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012, 12:27 PM by Jinbee »

I'm gay for samuel.

Welcome back Jinbee! Good to see you showed up!

Lol, yeah, I should be doing things more anyways.:'D

Hopefully, there is still room.

He loved to make kids laugh, now he want to make you dead. Jules Saphir, The demon french clown.

Jules Saphir loved to make children laugh, Now he just wants you dead. Driven insane, This elastic, color draining, seriel killer is now known as the Demon Clown of France.

Personality:
Saphir has a superior/uninterested demeanor. He'll travel the lands walking through as if other people don't exist, or rather, were not important enough to notice. Unless of course he hungers for death, metaphorically and literally. Though these attacks are rare nowadays, the body counts are horrific. His Detached personality will fade and become overcome with curiosity when he meets a powerful soul.

Abilities:
- Technicolor Vampire: Unintentionally, Jules will absorb the color of anything or one he touches, leaving them completely desaturated. Once physical contact has ceased, the color will return "if still alive.". There is no physical damage caused by this. If anything its a visual representation of fear.
- Elasticity: Jules has the ability to stretch his body exaggerating or limiting his anatomy. "Like cloth" is the best way to describe the way he moves.
*note - you can't kill him through physical force alone. To defeat him, you must conquer fear itself.
http://video320.deviantart.com/art/Jules-Saphir-291941829
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2012, 04:06 PM by Video320 »

Great job everyone!
Kittens wearins mittens

Oh man!  Gonna be postan soon.  Once I have things ready.

I'm actually pretty excited fro this.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

113 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 136.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us