The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 3 IS UP!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:23 AM »
Hey, super great entries from everyone so far! I would like to remind you all however that you should get a 50x50 icon of your character also! It really helps makes seeking them out on the comics page easier, as an example!

« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:26 AM »
EDIT EXCUSE MY STUPIDITY, IT IS 1AM AND I HAVE LOST MY BRAINS:
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012, 06:30 AM by Jetster »
sugoi

« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Well hello Jetster!
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2012, 02:49 PM »
edited my post to add the icon.

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:24 PM »
Oop, I didn't realize we didn't need the intro pages! Can I add those in once I finish them?
Anyhow, here's my submission! (oh god I usually end up writing too much, hope the bio's not to long.)

Name: Gregory B. Tiddles

Backstory: Formerly a 'patient' for genetic experiments, Gregory now works as the lab assistant to one Mister Allen Wickers, an austere and chivalrous scientist. Greg's more of an errand boy, and runs about to gather resources and information for Wickers. When all else fails, though, Allen himself will come in to help. Begrudgingly.

Personality: Timid, hesitant, and a bit slow. He does his best to please, and keeps a grin on his face for the most part.

Friends: other than Mister Wickers, Greg doesn't have too many friends, except for a young, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed (literally)girl, Nadya. They're dating. Well, sort of.

Weapons: Beretta 92 F, given to him by Allen. He's absolute shite with it if he doesn't have enough time to steady the gun and aim. Fortunately, due to his extensive experience being injected with various viruses and other nasty substances, his strength and agility increase tenfold for short bursts of time (short being three seconds or so). If he keeps it up too long, he'll crumble under the pressure (figuratively). Thanks to his nifty genes, he can also regenerate at an incredibly slow rate.

Other: He keeps with him a phone, courtesy of Allen. Waterproof, clumsy-twenty-foot-drop-proof, and for the most part, bulletproof. Attached to the phone is a lovely keychain, home-made by his cat-like girlfriend. She found the feathers and bell herself. Which explains the specks of blood and dead birds in the lab.

« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Oh gosh, I'm nervous now.

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:21 PM »
You absolutely can add them in once you finish them. You have the entire month to do some intro pages if you want, HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT NECESSARY. (All-caps text for the rest of you out there in inter-land.)

« Reply #32 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Looks great! This is shaping up to be a quality tourney so far! Keep the entries coming!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #33 on: Mar 09, 2012, 11:55 PM »
This is gonna be fun! I can't wait!

Beo
The average young adult looking to finally live his life independently. Not entirely human, but still average. Quite awkward when it comes to new people and places, Beo hopes not to get into too much trouble on his life-changing journey (if you could call it that). Why does he always wear the same five shirts and sweatpants? Such is the life of the unemployed 20 year old.

« Reply #34 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Oh boy!
Here's my submission:

Gwen and Regi

Gwen and Regi are best friends. They met a few years ago and began fighting crime together. Their fighting style involves a lot of spontaneous cooperation, but they don't do so well on their own.

Gwen is fourteen years old and is a witch. Gwen's grandmother wanted for Gwen to use her magic to be traditionally evil, but Gwen thought using her powers to fight crime seemed more fun. She does have some evil tendencies, and is still learning her powers.
Regi is a prototype transforming robot being developed to police the city. Regi always strives to perform his job of stopping criminals well, but often makes mistakes due to his incomplete understanding of human nature.

Here's my tumblr for examples of my art: http://gregly.tumblr.com/

« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Oh boy!
Here's my submission:

Gwen and Regi

I hope you get in! Your art looks amazing. :D

« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Keep them coming! Everyone be sure to tell/harass your friends to join too!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2012, 01:27 AM »
No way I'm about to miss this!

Gregory Howling

Greg is a genuine, bonified werewolf. Inside of him lies a beast capable of wreaking total havoc, and he couldn't be prouder of it. Damn proud. That, and he's pretty arrogant to begin with. He's been a werewolf for about 5 years, and he's kind of got the hang of it. With the enhanced strength, speed, and healing that comes with lycanthropy, he'll try to handle most things in human form, but he isn't exactly hesitant to let the wolf walk free. This has required him to move several times.

He is capable of triggering the change at will, but it's not instantaneous, and it hurts like hell. Also, he tends to lose most cognitive levels of thought as the wolf. Just goes all primal on shiz.

And I guess here's my dA. http://gps-device.deviantart.com Only place that really has any of my stuff, so....yeah.
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 01:42 AM by GPS-Device »
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #38 on: Mar 12, 2012, 01:32 AM »
And you were also in the SDT, so I think we can vouch for you still. Great to see we've hit 8!

« Reply #39 on: Mar 12, 2012, 10:26 AM »
Oh boy oh boy! :D What a groovy turnout

« Reply #40 on: Mar 12, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Good to see ya again, GPS-Device!

I'm gettin' mad hype about this. I'll take on those of you who stay!

« Reply #41 on: Mar 13, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Lookit all this new blood. :]

What Angie said- spread the word. Get your friends involved- the better the turnout, the better the tourney will be!

« Reply #42 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:38 PM »
I'm super hyped for this, hopefully I've got two people working on some stuff for this.  I'm looking very forward to seeing the matchups!

« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Hey! I haven't been around since the 2010 Speed Death Tournament. I mentioned the invitational to my roommate, who thinks he's gonna join. In the meantime, here I am! Back again.
Let's do this.

The seventh son of a seventh son, Orion comes from a long line of illegitimate bastards, and he's proudly carrying on the tradition. Such is the life of a born-and-bred Carnie! Indeed, this fellow has worked every midway and circus big-top from one end of the globe, to the other. Such is his claim, but this drawling hick has a taste for hyperbole, exaggeration, and embellishment. Surely, though, he's been around: he collects stories and tattoos on his travels, and is a proud keeper of a century's worth, today.
The manner of magic this Seventh possesses comes in handy, here. You see, Orion's ink is very much alive, constantly changing subject matter and placement. Brought to life by his colourful tales, it often wanders right off his skin!
In short, Orion Seventh is a con-man, a petty thief, a rake and a scoundrel. Don't listen to a word he speaks, and you'll be fine.

« Reply #44 on: Mar 14, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Hey! I haven't been around since the 2010 Speed Death Tournament. I mentioned the invitational to my roommate, who thinks he's gonna join. In the meantime, here I am! Back again.
Let's do this.

Yessssssssss. Oh I am SO battling you when you get in.

« Reply #45 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Welcome back to the party
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #46 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:57 AM »
Oh I am SO battling you when you get in.

I hope you're serious, Bub. I'm kind of in love with Clydesdale.

« Reply #47 on: Mar 14, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Since my previous character seems to be stuck in an endless loop of "going nowhere", I decided to whip up a new one specially for this tournament.

He is the man with no name (His name is Ted Bushberry)
His past is a mystery (He used to be a car salesman in Steel City)
He has come to Void to claim the 150.000 cash price in the Void Invitational Tournament (He is having a mid-life crisis)
He knows what it takes to be a hero (He has watched "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" 17 times)
His horse is named Gertrude (after his ex-wife)

Ted Bushbe.. sorry, "the man with no name" left his city, his friends, his wife (though it could be argued she already left him 10 years ago) and has come to Void in search of adventure, money, babes and his lost youth..

EDIT: Now also with Intro!

« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2012, 02:48 PM by Fed »

« Reply #48 on: Mar 14, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Hahahahaha Fed, I feel like our characters will get along great! Two outsiders influenced by what they see on human television! :D

« Reply #49 on: Mar 14, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Loving the creativity on display here.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

253 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us