VOID Monthly Artist Showcase: October

VOID Monthly Artist Showcase: October
« on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:38 AM »
Last month it was an uncontested win for Fetus which neither one of us was terribly pleased with. So make it up to Fetus and me and give us some stellar entries this time around.

Last Months MAS Jam can be found here;http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11760.0

Just as before this will work as follows; an original character design will be presented. Character Designs will consist of either a turnaround image or front and rear view images (at least one must be in colour) and a short biography.

Artist Entries will consist of a pin-up  or splash page containing the monthly character design. Entries will(hopefully) be submitted to me by e-mail before the deadline. DON"T POST THE ENTRIES HERE.....E-MAIL THEM
.....MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME IN THE E-MAIL
Images should be within 800 pixels x 800 pixels or thereabouts for proper viewing on the forums.

AS WITH ALL ART JAMS THIS IS OPEN TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

These entries will be posted in the thread by me after the Deadline and forum viewers will be able to vote by poll on their favorite along with any comments.

The winner each month will then be asked to submit their own original design for the following month.
In the event of a tie the winning artists have a choice; work on a submission together or submit two seperate entries.

weiingnan@gmail.com
THIS MONTHS DEADLINE IS October 20....all entries must be in my E-mail before this date.
VOTING WILL BEGIN ON October 21 and the Winner will be announced on October 28

The Winner will then have until November 4 to Submit their new original character design.
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Re: VOID Monthly Artist Showcase: October
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:47 AM »
VOID M.A.S. October 2011
character design submitted by FetusMan

Tokusatsu
"When a young man finds an "interesting" belt buckle at a flea market, he soon finds out it's actually an advanced alien beacon that gives him the powers of the ancient universal enforcer Tokusatsu. Now it's up to him to protect the beacon from scheming government agents while also using it to save the world from invading monsters!"

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Haha I loved this character design.  I may actually join in for once.  Which means someone else has to join in.  If I somehow win by default then the Showcase will probably die with me.   :P

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Niiice! I'm going to try to join this one!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I was just thinking "If William Duel doesn't draw this guy then I will eat my hat" ... then I scroll down and he's the first to post hahaha. Do it dude!!!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:56 PM »
...But....will you still eat your hat?  That would be funny to watch.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Yes. If Andy enters.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Deadline's tomorrow folks, lets see a good turnout on this one!!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:44 PM »
What the hell, I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: just realized when this was due. oops. not happening. next month...
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2011, 05:41 PM by The_BenT_One »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:00 AM »
So lazy, shame on you. If i drew and colored that up in part of a day why couldn't you?
Not a good attitude if you're serious about attempting comics or any commercial type of art.

Lookin' forward to what everyone else has to offer though!

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2011, 12:21 PM »
So lazy, shame on you. If i drew and colored that up in part of a day why couldn't you?
Not a good attitude if you're serious about attempting comics or any commercial type of art.

Ah, yes, it's not a good attitude, but I also have a fully penciled page due on Friday, and I'm still working on my 10 page BB. Not to mention I just got a 5 page comic pitch to work on and I still have to code a 12 page website, work on an AIDS poster, and start coloring a book cover for school. So, yeah.

In November, I'll get on this shit early.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2011, 01:37 PM »
yeah this is dope one. I'll try not to miss anymore.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2011, 10:06 AM »
was this scrapped?

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Im beginning to wonder myself... :c

« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2011, 05:48 AM »
just put on hold til my schedule lightens up a bit..sorry Fetus...but it would be nice to see more ARTists showcasing their ARTwork in the ART section of this ARTist forum on this ARTist driven Comic Book ARTist site

...this message brought to you by the Not Subliminal Advertising Department of EnterVOID.com
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2011, 05:54 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2011, 04:18 PM »
just put on hold til my schedule lightens up a bit..sorry Fetus...but it would be nice to see more ARTists showcasing their ARTwork in the ART section of this ARTist forum on this ARTist driven Comic Book ARTist site

...this message brought to you by the Not Subliminal Advertising Department of EnterVOID.com

heh I TOTALLY agree

« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2011, 11:24 PM »
lookin' forward to it!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

310 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us