SPEED DEATH TOURNEY 2011

Re: SPEED DEATH TOURNEY 2011
« Reply #100 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:02 PM »
I'm out. Have fun.

« Reply #101 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Damn what the fuck did I start >:(

Anyway nice to see a few new future casualties pop up! I like your character there RTV!

« Reply #102 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Damn what the fuck did I start >:(
You ruined it for everyone man haha.

Seriously though, I don't think I'm ready to properly write these guys and I don't think I'm ready to lose them either.
Sorry, but I'm out.

« Reply #103 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:22 PM »
This isn't a good time frame for me.  I'm putting Butter back on the back burner until the next death tournament.

« Reply #104 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:29 PM »
32!!!  32!!! 32!!!!

JoshuaEliGilley with THE DARK ONE

The best thief in all the world. Willie Sutton thought he had stolen everything
until one day he stole magical items from a powerful politician, that enabled him to steal lives....

now he is known only as a possible legend called The Dark One

Magical Cloak can travel through shadow dimension like portals
Magic daggers can manipulate souls

Kills and collects souls putting them in little jars to take home to put with his collection.

Fights sneaky like a thief, many types of tools and gear in the cloak.

32!!!  32!!! 32!!!!
32!!!  32!!! 32!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

COME ON LAST MINUTE POSSE!!!
DON'T QUIT GUYS!!!

« Reply #105 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:36 PM »
sweet addition, josh. and don't worry, i'm staying. XD even if it just end up you and me. >:3

(knock on wood and all that wot.)

yeah, were are all the last minute folks. come on come on!!! XD

« Reply #106 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:25 PM »
ughhh i'm out, sorry guys
sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.

« Reply #107 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Name: Wyatt Timothy Graves
Family: Father, Mother, Older Brother, Two younger sisters

Wyatt Graves is a professional gunslinger wandering from town to town on his own personal quest to blaze a trail in the new frontier.  As a child, he grew up with his father who served as his hometown's only doctor and the screams of dying men were no stranger to him.  He was told during the wild days of his youth that "you might only have this moment, this day may be your last, and tomorrow may never come.  So live every day as if you were dying."  And with that motto branded into his mind, he's set off to venture and experience the mysteries of the west.

Personality: Gruff and introverted.  He'll kick your face in if you piss him off.

Weapons: He has handed many different types of guns, but he always carries two Colt Peacemakers and a knife that's hidden in a sheathe in his right boot.  He's can also handle himself very well in a fist fight.

- You can change his outfit a little, but make sure it's an Old West style.

Important Note: Everything is set in the Old West.  So Old West Void and opposing characters will be minorly altered to fit the old west theme.

« Reply #108 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Diana-Betty

Name: Diana-Betty

Once there was a girl who had an insatiable hunger for sweets.  It mattered not the type of confection, for it was all a delight.  She ate and ate all sorts of pastries and candies.  Oh each day was a grand joy to her!

But there was a price to such gluttony.  Soon, it was never enough.  How painful the days have become!  That sweet tooth of hers became so great and so evil.  It possessed her and demanded the most heavenly of sweets.

So if you ever come across a dainty girl who asks for a bit of sweets, beware! Do not deny her!  She is no longer like you and I in the face of any sugary delight...

~*~

Fashion Style: colorful Sweet Lolita

Weapons: Usually candies from her purse: like candy canes licked deadly sharp, bon-bon bombs, and any other fun stuff you can think of.  However, she will NOT use something she hasn't eaten yet.

« Reply #109 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:35 PM »
I wasn't going to post this but why not now...Better late then never

"Scoutt"

Name: "Scoutt" Darleen franchesca Gordon
Species: Human
Sex: Girl
Hieght: Small
Wieght: Light
Abilities: Lethal force in the art of combat and sales

Bio: Darleen Franchesca Gordon, known as "Scoutt" for her avid particapation in the Void Girl Scouts. Sells girl scout cookies to whom-ever and where-ever by what-ever mean nessecary with the use of force "if nessecary".
When Darleen rings the doorbell the residents are more likely to hang themselves than risk opening the door to face her.
Nominated/Awarded Best-Sales for the past 3 years in a row.

« Reply #110 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:46 PM »
oh god. if you both get in, i think it would be awesome to see a fight between the two of these girls... of course, for all we know, they just might end up being friends.

... a match made in hell. or candyland, take your pick XD

« Reply #111 on: Sep 16, 2011, 11:53 PM »

The Ankle-Breaker
Height: 5’4”
Weight: 135 lbs
Style: Combat Wrestling
Fighting Out Of: Okinawa, JPN

After the death of his parents, Masakazu Miike vowed revenge on their killer: Ankles. He loathes the joint with a passion, and has made it his mission to destroy as many as he can. Starting with the strongest ankles in Void City, this submission fighter has joined the Speed Death Tournament to do just one thing: break ankles.

« Reply #112 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:00 AM »
The NERD Corps

THE GAMERS

3 gamers looking to ditch school discovered a mysterious new arcade, and a strange man revealed to them a once in a lifetime chance at a new online video game.
They climbed into the Virtual Reality pods and started up the game, unaware that they now pilot experimental War Mechs.
The only level in the game is VOID City. The only enemies are its people.

THE GAME

Sentai Dogma Thesis: Ultimate ONLINE Tournament
- “An army of evil sentai are laying siege to Earth. Defeat their forces and Generals and protect your home!”

The game scans the environment and renders it as high quality FPS game animations.
SDT Fighters are re-skinned as masked skin-tight battle suits (major colors carry over) with their same powers.
- Civilians are designated as “DESTROY TO INCREASE HEALTH BAR”.
- Each battle is a Search and Destroy mission.
- Achievements are awarded in the style of any FPS.

The game allows NERD Corps. to use voice and text chat.

THE MECHS

The battle mechs stand 12 feet tall and have all the classic FPS power armor abilities.
- recharge shields
- Enemy radar
- HUD

They are extremely strong, and can sprint at 25 mph. they have boosters that allow for “double jumping”. They can also “use X to climb” building and other surfaces that can’t be reached by their powerful jumps.

BASIC IN-GAME ACTIONS
- Jumping
- Sprinting
- Crouching
- Crawling
Their main feature is their forearms, which can transform into any weapon that game has programmed or creates on the fly.

The game rewards new weapons upon defeating SDT Fighters, or if the situation threatens the destruction of the robot, which will generate a temporary UBER weapon.
- Shot gun
- Pistol
- Sniper
- Semi auto rifle
- Chainsaw (melee)
- UBER weapons (get creative)

ALL WEAPONS USE .50 cal rounds, special weapons are energy based.

Aside from mechanical noises, the mechs have no voices.

The cockpit has wrap around screens, and chair that molds to the user’s body. The game/mechs are controlled by two joysticks.

[HOLY SHIT THAT WAS CUTTING IT CLOSE]
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 12:27 AM by The_BenT_One »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #113 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:08 AM »
BADWANG

A magical girl and sister to BADDONG.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 12:40 AM by Motoko^Rei »

« Reply #114 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:12 AM »

She is BADDONG, sister of BADWANG, and also a magical girl. Something isn't right with her mind.
Her only purpose for being in Void is to beat people up with her giant spoon, then transform them into desserts which she then eats.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 12:28 AM by min »

« Reply #115 on: Sep 17, 2011, 12:13 AM »
HELL YES! XD

« Reply #116 on: Sep 17, 2011, 04:42 AM »
I hate to say this, but I have to drop out too.
I've been trying to do some warm-ups and it's all turning out to be too taxing after all. I guess I was just too excited to be making comics here again to admit my handicap.
I apologize sincerely to everyone who supported me.
Good luck to everyone.

« Reply #117 on: Sep 17, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Hope to see more from you soon, Reavz!

Awesome last minute turn out though--very intriguing...
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 03:16 PM by Mister Kent »

« Reply #118 on: Sep 17, 2011, 07:57 AM »
I hate to say this, but I have to drop out too.
I've been trying to do some warm-ups and it's all turning out to be too taxing after all. I guess I was just too excited to be making comics here again to admit my handicap.
I apologize sincerely to everyone who supported me.
Good luck to everyone.

There'll always be next time.

« Reply #119 on: Sep 17, 2011, 08:09 AM »
.....and the last hour of my life is why we don't put up lists too soon Wolcik
List updated with all current applicants....voting by Council will now begin.

In the future you kids would save us all a lot of trouble if you would;

A) post your submissions like you are asked....artist name, icon,character name.
B) if due to unfortunate circumstances or bad planning you have to drop out then for christsakes modify your original post

oh yeah and quit stretching out the forums with your giant mondomongo outside of application specs design sheets too
so now that all the initial excitement is almost over and the flakes have dropped off a reminder to everyone remaining

* Applications will be taken until September 16th.
* Final artist selection will take place between September 16th - September 18th.
* Each round will have one week for drawing, one week for voting.
* Round One will begin September 19th with a deadline of 12:00 Midnight on Sept. 26th
* All Matches are DEATH matches... thus the "Death" in Speed Death Tournament. Existing Characters may be used, but remember a default or loss will result in the unmutable death of the character. Anyone unwilling to see the death of a character should submit a new original character for the chopping block.....only the winner of the tournament will see his or her character walking away from this one.
* Only new or Active Characters may be submitted.
* New Characters must be original material as per standard site rules; no fan fiction or copyrighted materials.
* 3 page minimum per comic......'excuse' pages don't count.
* Comics produced must feature your character and your opponent's character as per standard site rules and must feature the death of your opponent's character. Fans of this event would prefer said demise to be as graphic and/or entertaining as possible
* Intention of joining can and should be made below with a design sheet and bio, but all Applications MUST submit their character through the Main Site by September 16th, at the latest.
* Not meeting requirements will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament for the Artist as well as the chance to be shamed by all of their peers. SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.[/b]

Artists will be selected from Applicants by Council Majority Vote and placed into matches randomly. This is not first come first served, any and all applicants that meet the posted requirements(and are able to compete on enterVOID) before September 16th will be considered.

This tournament is one deceptively tough cookie; the deadlines are tight and the competion is high. This can be a very gruelling event even for seasoned VOID vets; so although we want everyone to have fun we also don't want to see any defaulters or half ass'ers. Take a firm grasp of your upcoming schedule and your ability to perform into account before registering. But at the same time don't worry about about seeing this event all the way to the end .......most of you won't make it.
The following is a list of SDT Matches from years past that we have exhumed from the Archives for your enlightenment and entertainment;

Everyone take note; as with the majority of comics on enterVOID.com there is no set style, theme or environment.....outside of the requirements already described anything is possible and there are no limits.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 09:30 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #120 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:57 AM »
DAMN!!!

-snip- (long winded mess as i'm oft to write)

Going to drop out. Not that I don't want in, but that the more I work on "Anita" the more I'm falling in love with the character all over again. Like I told Angie and Rofl, "seriously. when i worked on the first panels of the comic, it felt not like i was working with someone i was putting in place of kale (as was my fear in the redesign, but rather the true kale... like her name was anita all along and she just wore cat ears."

So, I'm dropping out. But not to be idle. Going to do a normal battle A.S.A.P.

Any takers? XD

« Reply #121 on: Sep 18, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Looking forward to Anita's first comic, Slade!

Good luck to all the SDT'11 entrants! Much fanart soon to come!

« Reply #122 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:39 AM »
and the applicants have been selected and the first round of opponent artists have been posted
http://www.entervoid.com/comics.php

it was a hard choice this year....with an obvious amount of excitement on the part of the applicants.
good luck to all the artists
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2011, 06:46 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #123 on: Sep 19, 2011, 06:40 AM »
Yes, break a leg! Preferentially your opponent's!

« Reply #124 on: Sep 22, 2011, 06:55 AM »
huzzah!
bring on the speedy deaths of death!
Pee Pee...Pee Pee Vagina!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

252 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us