SPEED DEATH TOURNEY 2011

SPEED DEATH TOURNEY 2011
« on: Aug 29, 2011, 03:26 PM »
THE 2011 SPEED DEATH TOURNAMENT!

Accept no namby-pamby half baked substitutes.....enterVOID.com's most successful almost annual event has returned and it is once again hungry for blood.

* Applications will be taken until September 16th.
* Final artist selection will take place between September 16th - September 18th.
* Each round will have one week for drawing, one week for voting.
* Round One will begin September 19th with a deadline of 12:00 Midnight on Sept. 26th
* All Matches are DEATH matches... thus the "Death" in Speed Death Tournament. Existing Characters may be used, but remember a default or loss will result in the unmutable death of the character. Anyone unwilling to see the death of a character should submit a new original character for the chopping block.....only the winner of the tournament will see his or her character walking away from this one.
* Only new or Active Characters may be submitted.
* New Characters must be original material as per standard site rules; no fan fiction or copyrighted materials.
* 3 page minimum per comic......'excuse' pages don't count.
* Comics produced must feature your character and your opponent's character as per standard site rules and must feature the death of your opponent's character. Fans of this event would prefer said demise to be as graphic and/or entertaining as possible
* Intention of joining can and should be made below with a design sheet and bio, but all Applications MUST submit their character through the Main Site by September 16th, at the latest.
* Not meeting requirements will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament for the Artist as well as the chance to be shamed by all of their peers. SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.

Artists will be selected from Applicants by Council Majority Vote and placed into matches randomly. This is not first come first served, any and all applicants that meet the posted requirements(and are able to compete on enterVOID) before September 16th will be considered. But just because you enter or enter first does not mean you will be selected. That being said we love seeing new people apply and even moreso see new artists test their mettle against our more established malcontents in the SDT.

The tournament winner will have the title of 'Speed Death Tournament Champion 2011' added to his/her character profile on the Main Site as well as feeling the pride and satisfaction of kicking everyone else's ass.

FOR THOSE NEW TO SDT:
Speed Death Characters only require a Design Sheet and Bio with Character Thumbnail, but do not require Intro Pages. Since the uploader will not let you pass without Intro pages, please use the Design Sheet for all fields.

This tournament is one deceptively tough cookie; the deadlines are tight and the competion is high. This can be a very gruelling event even for seasoned VOID vets; so although we want everyone to have fun we also don't want to see any defaulters or half ass'ers. Take a firm grasp of your upcoming schedule and your ability to perform into account before registering. But at the same time don't worry about about seeing this event all the way to the end .......most of you won't make it.
The following is a list of SDT Matches from years past that we have exhumed from the Archives for your enlightenment and entertainment;

Everyone take note; as with the majority of comics on enterVOID.com there is no set style, theme or environment.....outside of the requirements already described anything is possible and there are no limits.

Hot Chick vs Fragile
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=1256

Harriet Glauben vs. Amazing Lobster-boy
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=1280

Bad Apple vs. Basil
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=1008

The Pig vs. Ethel Chu
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=2671

Sam vs. Moa Goetia
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=2681

Bear vs. Ethel Chu
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=2627

El Squido vs. SHREDD
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=683

Adonis vs. Doctor Anthropos
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=1677

Florida Bill vs. Basil
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=998

Di BaiJiFeng Hua vs. Toby
http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=675

Applicants apply below with Artist Name, Character Name and Character Thumbnail (New Artists or Artists with new characters should also submit their character Design Sheet and Bio as well.).

*thanks to Knomer for the banner art within this post and to all the other artists who have also submitted SDT banners

List of Applicants
Le Fred with: Himself.
Knomer with Kujo
Larro with Wan (pronounced similar to One)
GPS-Device with Eli.
MOnday with
" Agent Black "
DJNeko with Beatrix
Sixtem with:
Clash and Pistol
Wolcik with Failed Experiment
Psycho Sean with Das Bear
endjoi with Mara
Alberto311 with Thorn Rose
Puzzlething with Marigold
TofuBeast with
  Clamuel Masumoto
Rtv! with Hahnuman
JoshuaEliGilley with THE DARK ONE
ShojinTakaru with Wyatt Timothy Graves
SailorLoneStar with Diana-Betty
Puddle with Scout
Pi with The Ankle-Breaker
The_BenT_One with The NERD Corps
Motoko-Rei with BADWANG
min with BADDONG
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 10:06 AM by angieness »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Re: SPEED DEATH TOURNEY 2011
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2011, 03:27 PM »
EDIT: I'm out. Have fun.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011, 08:03 PM by RoflQu »

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Qyzex informed me that he is dropping out.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2011, 08:20 PM by angieness »

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2011, 06:18 PM »
READY TO KILL SOME KIDS YA EVIL BASTARDS?
Haha or not...
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011, 08:17 PM by JAZ »

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2011, 06:30 PM »
I wish you all the best of luck.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2011, 06:32 AM by QtRNevermore »

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2011, 08:28 PM »
EDIT: OR NOT.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2011, 02:46 AM by Orange »

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2011, 09:37 PM »
YES.

name: Frédérick / Le Fred
height: 6'
weight: 125 lb
Bio: A normal university student, Fred is a dude who makes comics.
Within them, he is as a god. Egocentric with a side of megalomania? maybe.
Generally happy. Mellow. Smug.
He'll kill you because that's the game.
He likes the game.
Also likes: Food, sweets, scotch, formal cloths, snow.
Dislikes: Socks/shoes, bugs, having his feet on the floor.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2012, 11:27 AM by LeFred »
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2011, 11:34 PM »
This thang is nuts already! I don't wanna see you die LeFred! Or any of yinz for that matter--Best of luck!

« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2011, 11:16 AM »
yeeeah I might have to get in on this bad boy.

I'm itchin

« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:03 PM »
YES.

You do realize that if you die in the SDT, you'll die in real life, right?
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:23 PM »
That's why Corny is no longer around

« Reply #11 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Ok I'm in.

« Reply #12 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Ok I'm in.

Like, with Sonny? You need a character, haha.

« Reply #13 on: Aug 31, 2011, 03:51 PM »

Kujo Ishiwatari
Height: 5’7

Hitman for the Kawada yakuza gang. Kujo is mentally unstable and highly skilled killer for his gang. He obtained his abilities working as an international assassin in his early years. He serves as Kawada’s loyal lapdog now.

Kujo exhibits high competency in various weapons such as: automatic firearms, knives, swords and staffs. He is also skilled in the art of Aikido, Kung-fu and Wrestling.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Larro with Wan (pronounced similar to One)

Name:Wan
height: 5'8"
weight: 230 lb
Bio: Wan is part of the newest android line from Cerin Studios.
She is a prototype and thanks to a terrible mistake in programming she believes she is a human.
No amount of evidence to prove otherwise has been able to convince her.
Seeing her as useless CS decided to ditch her in a abandoned lot somewhere.
She wandered into Void City trying to pursue her dream, she wants to be a Robot.

She has rocket arms, missiles in her chest, anti-gravity boots, laser eyes, and a protective cardboard helmet.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2011, 08:12 PM »
GPS-Device with Eli.

Name:Eli
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 400 lbs (Very dense)
Bio: A homeless shapeshifter. Pretty aloof guy, capable of turning himself into just about anything he can come up with, but would rather take the easy way to do things. i.e.: Turn his arms into wings instead of growing new ones. Has a tendency to eat mass quantities of food, partially the reason he's a hobo. Also smells funny.
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I'm so glad to see these new faces joining up. Don't forget to upload your characters to the main site!
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011, 12:37 PM by RoflQu »

« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Once I get some time this weekend, I'll be throwing in my lot. BrainBaists was going to enter, but doesn't have the time, so we dreamed up a character team that is sure to whet VOID's thirst for wanton violence and blood...
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Clone 566
Killer King Subsect.

" Agent Black "

SUBJECT TO BE TERMINATED AT ALL COSTS.

« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2011, 11:19 PM »
Oh snap.

So many awesome characters in here. Too bad we're all gonna die guys, well, all but one anyway.

« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2011, 11:41 PM »
Oh man Ishawatari's gonna win.

« Reply #21 on: Sep 01, 2011, 03:15 PM »
Clone 566
Killer King Subsect.

" Agent Black "

Damn, looks like this is already gonna be the SDT to remember.

« Reply #22 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Gonna regret this somehow.

Bittermause with Granny Warhammer

Aesther "WarHammer" Caramia was once a proud head of a notorious all female street gang, now a bitter old lady being forced to live under the roof of the CinderRose Retirement Home. Her days of playing vigilante were replaced with surviving bingo nights and wishing her grand daughter would visit more often. As luck would have it, CinderRose policy encourages senior fighters to participate in Death Tournaments as a way to support "population control" in the city. Aesther, craving any means of getting out of the diaper smeared hell-hole, decides to take her chances.

EQUIPMENT:
-Bullet-proof leotard
-One 3-Barrel Volley Gun she keeps in a 'cookie jar' holster
-Her pill box with assorted medications and energy pills. (There are acid pills in Sun. since it's her least favorite day.)
-Her fake dentures ( top set ) can be taken out and used like a bat-a-rang. She has a few spares in another holster. She can take out her whole set and use them as a clamp.
-Lastly, a simple metal hammer, which over the years K.O'ed many of her opponents in one swift hit.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2011, 11:13 AM by Bittermause »

« Reply #23 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:21 PM »
YAY, BITTER

« Reply #24 on: Sep 02, 2011, 12:28 AM »
ughhhh go guys go
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011, 09:23 PM by oh shada »
sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

432 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us