Hats' Art (NSFW)

Re: Hats' Art
« Reply #25 on: Aug 19, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Ouch I hadn't noticed it before but that picture looks absolutely painful.  Her right foot is bending where her shin should be.  Ouch ouch.

Haha! Yeah I know both pairs of legs are messed up. I was practicing different angeled shots and I couldn't get the legs right at all.

« Reply #26 on: Aug 28, 2011, 01:37 PM »
Slightly different style to what I usually draw in, but I've been struggling to produce anything I'm happy with this week.

« Reply #27 on: Sep 04, 2011, 01:41 PM »

Anniversary artwork.

And this pretty much sums up the atmosphere of the comic I'm currently working on.

« Reply #28 on: Sep 21, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Slightly different style to my usual, mainly the face (as it's most of the actual picture, durp) Wizzie's nose isn't as ski-slopish as usual. I'm also working on giving a more realistic brow but that's still in progress.

This was a doodle from my sketchbook I coloured up of Wizzie with her workmate (at SCREWitYOURSELF) 'Miranda' who is a supporting character of Wizzie's arc. She is quite cranky, often tired, and has a 'no-nonsense' attitude, but Wizzie and Miranda are good, supportive, friends. She is also more grounded, with a sharper streetwise attitude, She's been working for the business since she was 20, and is now 23 but if often mistakened for a teenager.

Blablabla.

Other shitty-quality-photographed-doodles-coz-im-never-at-a-scanner of the past 3 days include:

Messing around with style

The original sketch of the first picture.

Wizzie and Colin's character Merk hiding from badly drawn gunfire.

« Reply #29 on: Sep 21, 2011, 09:39 PM »
I look at all the pretty artwork and all I see is DESU BALLS. D:

« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2011, 09:44 PM »
what is Desu balls?
Pee Pee...Pee Pee Vagina!

« Reply #31 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:18 PM »
it's like dragon ball Z but with more desu
In honesty I have no idea. I just wrote 'desu' then 'balls' under it. I was at college.

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Love the expressiveness of your work. I think that the new nose is working out fine, you might want to bring it up slightly because it looks as though it's going down too far on the face in the quarter views.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #33 on: Oct 03, 2011, 01:31 AM »
Thanks Angie! I only just read your reply but I'll keep it in mind!

Drew this up over the weekend!

« Reply #34 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:47 AM »
i hate it when that happens.

« Reply #35 on: Oct 03, 2011, 02:40 PM »
Waking up sick or discovering a new super power... that you don't really want? You be the judge!

heh. with the blue, it makes it seem like it's glow in the dark... that would be kinda an embarrassing situation. though... i might be able to come up with a synario or two that involves night-lite boogies. XD mostly probably pranks.

silliness aside, really great stuff. a lot of character.

« Reply #36 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:31 PM »
After a few stressful weeks of college work I've hit our October half term and I don't have any serious deadlines for till after Christmas, so I can be a bit more active then I have been since September - Hurray!

And while I have time, here's a little bit of Wizzie I've been drawing.

This is the second page to "Blue Gunk" which is now been renamed to "Blue murder" as I’m continuing the comic on to conclude with somewhat of a clear explanation, it's all done in my sketchbook traditionally with basic pens, pencils and letrasets for some traditional practice, but I’ll be cleaning it up digitally as it is on lined paper as it's drawn straight into my note book (I’ve had the same note book for nearly a year, and it's nearly completed so I'm doing a 'grand finale' at the end of it) - Also this page has a bad continuity error in it, and needs adjusting in some places.

Uncompleted sketch of the Belles siblings; Houdini is Wizzie's older brother (by 10 years) and somewhat 'guardian'. They lived with their Aunt during a lot of their childhood but once their Aunt died (illness) Houdini inherited the family money, as he was over 18. Houdini, like his little sister, also has magical abilities but he has control over his unlike Wizzie's most of the time and does not have emotional 'explosions'. He works as a full at a bar and part time magician and illusionist.

Though Wizzie childishly torments Houdini, she looks up to him dearly and does not get on with people who can drive his attention away from her (such as girlfriends). To Wizzie he is responsible, mature and settled - but this couldn't be further from the truth. Unknowingly to Wiz', Houdini has a troublesome gambling addiction which he is slowly blowing their inheritance money on,stressed from failed relationships usually stemmed from his sister's clash with the women and trying to live his own life. Houdini still lives in Hecklesthorpe, England.

Wizzie really doesn’t like the slightest of cold weather, anything below 5c and she’s atleast have a big coat on, definately if it’s windy.

« Reply #37 on: Oct 31, 2011, 02:31 PM »

This was just an experiment testing out a few things such as colouring characters for night time scenes (thanks again, Angie, for the help there!) more adventurous panel and layout designs and inking. I'm  not confident with the light source because I disobeyed the 180o rule for Miranda and started getting confused where the light would be coming from the keep it consistant. Oh and I fucked up Wizzie's glowing eyes.

That black cat creature is Gadget. Wizzie's cat (to be introduced into the story at a later date, such as Miranda I suppose)

« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2011, 03:02 AM »
Been a little busy artwise with my battle with Killer_byte, and working on a christmas short at the moment, but i have time to upload 2 pictures I'm proud of currently.

"Hot Fuchsia" Wizzie has trouble sleeping sometimes.

"Blue Angel" turned into a small advert for Void for the fun, inspired by a piece by an artist called Shawn Martinbrough. I was going for a noire and grand theft auto style.

« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2011, 12:23 PM »
you should make a banner~

« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:17 PM »

Got some new inks and a moleskine for christmas! Digitally coloured.

« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:30 PM »
That's pretty rad, Hats! Loving those inks

« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:23 AM »
I hope everyone has a nice new year! I've created an "ask" blog on tumblr for Wizzie for fun! So feel free to drop by and ask Wizzie questions. I find it good for character building.

You can find it here http://askwizziebelles.tumblr.com/

Have a good new year everyone!

« Reply #43 on: Jan 06, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Gonna slow down posting work on here for now but I want to show off this coz I'm pretty proud of it.

Bamf.

Later guys!

« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2012, 02:52 AM »
If anything, you should post more.

This applies to everyone.

Also, cool work bro.l
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Here is a flood of stuff I've been working on as of late.

« Reply #46 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:37 PM »
These are all really nice. The coloring's great. Really dig the clouds in that city shot. And did you make that that owl typeface?

« Reply #47 on: Jan 30, 2012, 04:19 AM »
Thanks Kuro! And yes, The owl type was for my graphics class. I drew them high res on photoshop and it took aaaaaaaaages! The owls are reffereneced though. Have you got any ideas of areas I could improve on?

« Reply #48 on: Jan 30, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Loving that typeface. :] I can't say I've done much font design myself, so I don't really have any crits there haha. Lookin' good to me!

As for the comic, not much to say either- looks fab! The closeup of Wizzie's hand in that panel looks a little wonky, though. Wanna watch them fingers- they're all the same length. XD Also Wizzie's friend in the second panel looks like she's about to fall over. OTHER THAN THAT, I got nothin'. You've improved so much recently, it's amazing. Keep up the great work!

« Reply #49 on: Feb 05, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Thanks Del! Yeah Miranda looks completed doped up in that second panel! I gotta keep an eye out for making sure my characters are standing up straight! I fixed the finger lengths on the index finger and the pinky so the hand doesn't look so off! Thanks for the help! x

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

249 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us