Hats' Art (NSFW)

Re: Hats' Art
« Reply #50 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:07 AM »
I've been working a lot on my anthology entry, then I've started on a new shorter idea because I won't have time to complete the other for April, so the other idea shall have to be BB-ified. Which sucks but the new entry is a lot more light-hearted and (hopefully) funnier.

panel from the anthology entry "Homesick" that will now be a BB.

Panel from the new and shorter entry. AND NOW YOU CAN ALL SEE THAT WIZZIE ACTUALLY ISN'T A LAZY DRUNK LADY AND DOES ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB.

Personal comicstrip work from an untitled series...

New ID for dA

Also in unrelated but sort of relatedness
I'm thinking that if Wizzie was ever acted by someone it could be Billie Piper. Despite Wizzie being from the North East of England and Billie being from London (I think?). BUT NEVERMIND.

Don't see it?

NOW YOU DO.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2012, 11:13 AM by MyHatsEatPeople »

« Reply #51 on: Feb 23, 2012, 06:16 PM »
I'm thinking that if Wizzie was ever acted by someone it could be Billie Piper. Despite Wizzie being from the North East of England and Billie being from London (I think?). BUT NEVERMIND.
Called it!

All lovely work, as usual.

« Reply #52 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:36 AM »
Fortunately I did manage to make a super short entry for the anthology based on the previous idea I had! so now I cant just relax. I was rummaging through my folders and I keep finding really weird doodles I'd draw when having breaks from comics.

Hmm. I sense a love/hat relationship coming on.

I think Jaws 2 was on TV that night...either way, Wizzie with Edge.

The Blue Crew.

David designed me as a monster, so I drew her up.

« Reply #53 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Looking boss there.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #54 on: Mar 30, 2012, 06:22 AM »
Created a new reference sheet for Wizzie, coz I was seriously hating the old one.

« Reply #55 on: Mar 30, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Kewlness! Love your expression-work, and this is a very characterful character ;D

« Reply #56 on: Apr 12, 2012, 02:35 AM »
I am nuts for that monster design. It has such a Grim-Amentia flavor it it.

« Reply #57 on: Apr 14, 2012, 01:16 PM »
Considering I've been off college for the past 2 weeks, I've had some time to work on arty things.

EMO ART

This is a mini doll of my character for my college-film 'Jorge'

Thumbnailing stuff

Sodeh and Wiz

I regret nothing (apart from maybe Wizzie's face dfogubfg)

Clips from my college project.

« Reply #58 on: Apr 14, 2012, 01:17 PM »

OH. AND I JUST DREW THIS.

« Reply #59 on: Apr 15, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Great as always! One thing I noticed in a few of the recent pieces, is you have some inconsistent lighting in the coloring. Like in the picture of Wizzie and Pip the light source is sort of all over the place. It looks like the light should be coming from behind Wizzie so much of her torso should be shaded where she's bent over.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #60 on: Apr 30, 2012, 02:54 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Angie! I'm always crappy when its keeping light consistancy. Aaaa.

I haven't been able to do as much art as I'd like to lately because of college finals and family issues, but here's some stuff I've come out with lately.

"Sky Slugs" are incredibly dangerous pests and potential hazards for road users.

Experimenting with a different colouring style. (I'm aware of Wiz's uneven tits - lol)

Crackalackin' time with DrasticFantastic

This happened on Thursday, my friend Andy and his boyfriend Lewi were giving me a lift in their car to the train station from college but I ended up having to share the back seats with a giant rug.

Yeeaaah...Pretty proud of this, despite the fact I will never get the hang of feet, ever.

« Reply #61 on: Apr 30, 2012, 06:29 AM »
Gotta watch out for those sky-slugs... drop outta nowhere when you least expect it. That crackalackin pun got me... got me good  XD

« Reply #62 on: Apr 30, 2012, 10:06 AM »
I like the comics with lined paper. Very retro feeling for some reason.

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 04:18 AM »
Thanks Kinuchio and Gibbo!

Tumblr always seems to be victim of my stupid doodles:

And thank god this is the last graphic design project I'll ever have to do. UGH. LOGOS. Breif was a for museum exhibit for Ancient China, Ancient Egypt and Aztec 

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 03:12 AM »
My final project is finally up on youtube ;_; it's my first film I've produced which isn't a documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIv1dLm17zE&feature=youtu.be

This is a promotional piece I have to do for the exhibit in June. And I'm still working away with my comic against Julienya!

« Reply #65 on: Jun 19, 2012, 03:17 AM »
Chuggin' away at my BB "Star Child". Deciding to go a new method of how I actually produce comics too, because I'm starting to become really slow I decided to do the bloody smart thing and sketch all the pages, then move to inking them all and then colour etc etc you get the jist. But I didn't start doing that until I got to page 2, so here is a preview of Star Child page 1. I'm actually wanting to experiment with different colouring styles but I feel that because Star Child is essentially part 2 of my battle against Nyasuu I should keep the style the same. Anyway, here it is:

And some other void related drawings:

Drawing Wizzie using her magic looks different everytime ugugugh.

The best picture I've ever drawn of Mammon (blame tumblr)

Wizzie's going through some design changes soooooon (2 comics away) so I've been used to drawing her in her style. I didn't want her to be one of the many long haired blonde and blue eyed girls of Void anymore.

Speaks for itself

Vent art from yesterday

Screen shot (not great quality) of something I was drawing yesterday but it's on the shipping thread. HOORAY FOR YELLOW EYESHADOW.

Annnnd I've tidied up the wall space at my desk area so I could fit more recent artwork that some of you beautiful people have drawn for me coz you're all absolute darlings and inspirations and I'm able to look at it all at once this way. Had to sacrifice some posters (including my SP poster) but there is no way in hell my kitty-cat poster from France or poster I got (and signed) from Rufus Dayglo is coming down from my wallll.

Welp, that's pretty much gonna be it for a while until I accumulate more work to toss your way.

« Reply #66 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:50 AM »
MGFGSAIFDSAVA Hats you make me want to curl up in a ball and wish I were you so I could draw good. I just love everything about your style and I want to be like you when I grow up.

« Reply #67 on: Jul 18, 2012, 12:51 PM »
Awesome work! Are you an animator or have an animation background? Everything is wonderful love the designs and colors. I want to see More!

« Reply #68 on: Jul 18, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Aww thank you! Though no, I'm not an animator - but I am heavily influenced by animation I suppose. I'm actually starting a film course at uni in September.

Some pencil work I today, traditional work isn't my strongest area but I'm quite happy with it anyway.

« Reply #69 on: Jul 18, 2012, 02:36 PM »
I am also happy with it. But then, what else is new? ;)

« Reply #70 on: Jul 18, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Forever the sweetheart, Bobo.

« Reply #71 on: Jul 19, 2012, 01:06 PM »

Just because I was showing the process of this pic' in the thread!

« Reply #72 on: Jul 20, 2012, 12:55 AM »
I just noticed the bottle. She's not gonna remember ever doing that light show, is she? :V

« Reply #73 on: Aug 03, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Still pretty busy with my collab comic and various other stuff that distracts me... buuuut yeah drawings:

I thought I'd post some more pencil drawings of mine that I did today. (coz I don't show enough pencil drawings) I am too lazy for scanners these days

Designing a new tattoo for Wizzie's upper arm, I want Wizzie to have some tats (atleast one) so I want to have one design finished before I make her new design sheet)

Being classy

Still tempted to join the racing tournament, but I have a lot on and if I do it'll be in pencil and probably lower quality to my usual stuff. (Also Wizzie is a social smoker)

And yeah, even if I don't get into the tournament, in Wizzie's story she still gets into racing as "Star-eyed devil"

« Reply #74 on: Aug 03, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Ooooh! I hope you can get into the tournament! Even with just pencil, I'm sure it would be awesome! :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

298 Guests, 3 Users

(1 Hidden)

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us