Need Help with comics/deadlines/colors/etc? Come to ANGIE BOOTCAMP

Sure thing, will hit you up when Kent is finished up
Kittens wearins mittens

Me and Kent are all done, so whenever you're ready Base
Kittens wearins mittens

Thank you for all your assistance Angie! ;D

No problem, glad I could help!
Kittens wearins mittens

Need it, but don't know what I'd use it for, and probably wouldn't succeed anyway.  :(
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

Could i sign up?

pitch: Munkei has a migraine and in a fit of pain and frustration, tears into his psyche to deal with the problem.

i would def benefit from this
i would like to do a story that takes place entire under a rock by a pond like a micro epic adventure staring like a frog or something
i kick rocks.....professionally

added you guys to the list! Still need to hear from Base if they're ready
Kittens wearins mittens

Yeah I'm ready. Sorry for the late response, I was checking a whole bunch at the beginning of the month and not at all for the past few days (Take a wild guess why, lol). I'll send a PM to you Angie ASAP to get going.

Pardon me, but i've scrapped that plot and decided to give you guys what you deserve. An Intro Story.

Would that go against the beyond battle rule?

Nah, it just needs to be in the form of a beyond battle
Kittens wearins mittens

Canceling Base's while he takes care of some health issues. Will either pick his back up after Christmas or move forward onto the next person if he's still recovering.
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2011, 09:47 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

I think you should be harder on them, so that they are more scared to get fired ;) And hand in more completed stuff!

Haha well I've already fired like half the people. I wont be taking anymore people for a bit as I need to focus on some other things. I will likely reopen sign ups at the end of January.
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2011, 12:20 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

I don't know if you're taking sign-ups again yet, but I wanted to let you know that I have a concept burning up my brain and I'm working on a script.
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

sure thing, if you wanted some help just let me know
Kittens wearins mittens

It's fine to plan big exciting comics, but set those big exciting comics as your goal for down the line. If you can't do 3 finished comic pages, you're not going to suddenly become awesome and crank out 30 pages in a week. But it's something that can definitely happen down the line. Know your limits, but keep in mind you can gradually increase those limits. Do a complete 3 pages comic this time, next time shoot for 4 pages, then 5 on the next battle, and so on. If you can't surpass 5 pages, keep working on it until you can.

It's fine to set a cool story as your goal down the line, but if you just got into Void or have never managed to finish a comic on the site, don't even think about a big lengthy back story for your character. Remember, no one cares about your character, who they are, where they've been, etc. until you make us like them through your comics, and I'm not going to like them if all I've seen from you are sketches and excuse pages. If you're the type that wants to do a big storyline for them, don't even start planning things until you know you can do it. Getting to do something exciting story wise for them can be a nice goal to work towards, so I definitely recommend not allowing yourself to overthink things until you'll be able to do it.

I can't even begin to thank you for this. The solutions to problems often stare us in the face and we don't look back.

With the invitational going on, I know I can't participate in this for a bit. But I am eager to put what I've learned here to practice.
“Always reach for the sky as hard as you can. One day you'll look down and see that you're soaring.”

Glad to help! Yeah, easiest one of the biggest downfalls of new and old Voiders alike, is trying to do a big storyline when you can't finish a comic. Most people would rather see a finished simple comic over 20 pages of incomplete sketches that barely make sense. Just gotta learn to crawl before you can walk!

In other news, I'm going to be reopening this up soon.
Kittens wearins mittens

Okay, things have calmed down in my life some so bootcamp is re-opened! If you would like to sign up, do so now! I know there were a few people waiting when I closed it, so let me know if you're still interested.
Kittens wearins mittens

Okay gedthebedhead is up!
Kittens wearins mittens

Hi, I remember you mentioning this to me before.
I'd be really interested to have a go after May 24th if that is possible? Also, are we still allowed to do battles while it is going on?
Thanks. :)

That date should be fine. You can still battle during this, just obviously you still have to make your deadlines with me or you get fired.
Kittens wearins mittens

Okay, Gedthebedhead dropped so I can take someone on. If you're interested hit me up here
Kittens wearins mittens

Oh, goddamn. I have been eyeballing this thread for, like, forever.
If the next person who's interested isn't available 'til after the 24th, I would like to squeeze in. I am looking back at the disaster that was my fight with Hiemie and I think I have some issues I need to iron out.

Would you be willing to browbeat me, Angie?

sure thing, toss me a pm with details like deadline, if you want it in color/ink, page count, etc.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

294 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us