Void Arcade Jam

Re: Void Arcade Jam
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2012, 03:01 AM »
I know I always post in here, but whenever I feel like crap I end up making music so here...have a SEGA Genesis styled track. Tried to make it more upbeat, I tend to go for a very atmospheric slow pace usually but I felt like cranking this one up to Megaman levels of adrenaline.

"Like a Moth to the Flame" [Dark Caverns]

Edit: Oh right, here is the faster NES styled demo. I ended up making the final Genesis version a bit slower because I liked it that way. I'll be adding all the genesis styled exclusive parts into this one, since some of the melodies in the NES one here were just kinda placeholder for the time being. Demo track.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2012, 03:03 AM by Orange »

« Reply #26 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I'm in a production team of sorts that's dabbling in some easy-to-make games, and one of the people in it is basically re-vamping an idea he'd had in highschool.  It's a tactical RPG that focuses on a continent which becomes engulfed in war. 

I just made the world map last night, I don't want to stretch the page if it hasn't already been stretched, so I'll just link it here:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8895/whoneedsgeoganyways.png

apart from that, I've really only got some conceptual work for one of the four main countries you traverse through your battles.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Korrin/Bantusshield2.png
and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Korrin/bantushelmetvariations.png

Just so Orange doesn't feel lonely posting in here :P

« Reply #27 on: Jul 25, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Sidescrolling platformer idea I had.

« Reply #28 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:11 PM »
What is Space Person doing there?

« Reply #29 on: Jul 25, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Wellll. Space person wasn't my intention, But now that you point out the similarities I can see it.
It's not a sealed space helmet or anything though I just drew his face without features for the simplicity.

« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Howdy, everyone! I've been away for far too long, and so has this jam.

This is my late-night mock-up for a Drunken Boxing RPG. On the left is the main character, his health and drunkenness level as well as how many wines of each type he has left; on the right are his opponents, the Chow Brothers, and their respective health percentages. In the center is the stage on which the battle takes place, and overlapping that are the player character's four main combat options and a wait/end turn button.

To fight, the player uses action points that replenish every round; they can use as much or as little as they like before ending their turn, but performing certain moves in succession will result in a stronger combo attack, so letting up every once in a while can be useful. Players can also consume wines to restore health and add buffs while filling up their drunkenness meter. Increasing the meter increases the power of your attacks, but drags down your accuracy. Remaining too drunk for too long it'll drain your health and cause you to black out. Luckily, the meter slowly goes down each turn.

In the center is the stage for the fight, filled with objects the player can interact with. moving the cursor will allow them to highlight certain objects they can throw, hide behind, or wield as temporary weapons. The combat system is more abstracted than a typical tactical RPG, so there is no grid or placement system. If your character decides to tumble under the table, they'll receive a temporary defense boost for as long as they stay under it (depicted through battle narration) and can continue to attack in limited amounts. As the battle goes on, the scene becomes more wrecked, and the objects can be destroyed. This can work against you, such as breaking the table you were hiding behind, or to your favor, by giving you a handy wooden leg to bludgeon someone with.

Increasing your character's drunkenness affects every aspect of combat. Your character is more likely to miss his attack or trip during tumbles. The menu options become blurrier, even mixing up the buttons or replacing them with total nonsense. And of course, remaining too drunk for too long drains your health. Being a drunken warrior is no easy job, especially when the odds are stacked against you, but with a little luck and a lotta booze you'll find a way to save the day.

« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Sounds like it'd be a fun mobile game, you should do it haha. Even if it was put out there first as a quick little time waster on the phone I think it'd be a lot of fun.

« Reply #32 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Thanks! The more I think about this, the more that I really want to do it. I just gotta get some programming experience and make some crappy quick games first.

« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2013, 02:46 AM »
I'm at it again, concepting new tunes for a new videogame idea. Some of the songs in this set are from before I had this idea but they kind of fit.

Anyway, Level, Solitary, Sanctuary, and Meganessen are all recent. Ascend is one I -just- finished right now (and its the best one so listen to it first):

BATSHIT UNICORN

Thats the set of tracks. I also have a single lone piece of concept art on my tumblr.

« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2013, 04:15 AM »
I am a very bitter person right now.
So I couldn't sleep.

And just did this.

« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:09 AM »
This started as a simple animation test, then I wanted something more interesting to look at.

« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:40 AM »
Sweet animation, bro!

« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:51 AM »
That is really awesome, ABI!

« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2013, 09:39 AM »
great looking stuff! i'd add a bit of easing out after the hits, but that's a bit nitpicky for a test.

« Reply #39 on: Sep 12, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Reviving this thread 'cause I might actually be chipping away slowly at this project now.

Most of the images on here are from earlier this year (around Feb) though some are from a month or two ago.

Also been chipping away at a concept soundtrack even if I don't actually make the thing. Here are a few songs I've made over the course of this year for it that turned out pretty cool:

1 - "Awakening"
2 - "Sunset"
3 - "Ascend"
4 - "Untitled WIP Level theme"
5 - "Towards The Light"

There are more on my soundcloud for it but they're way WIP or in need of a major tweaking. I also have a concept album for a different game idea here: http://a-laserbat.bandcamp.com/

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

551 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 571.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us