Places of Void City Jam

Places of Void City Jam
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:25 AM »
We've all seen different places of the city in comics. Any in particular that catches your interest? Or maybe there are spots and places in Void no one else knows yet. Draw them here! Great way to practice backgrounds, landscapes and perspective for future battles.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:31 AM by A.X. »

Re: Places of Void City Jam
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:28 AM »
And to start things off:

Underneath parts of void lies an under city where the homeless take residence and workers, police, etc. don't bother to check anymore. Here's a spot somewhere underneath, which I'll use for my upcoming BB for Xia

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21 AM »
This isn't my actual entry, I will do an entry, these are just to help people

I did a cutesy map of some places that have appeared in Void

OK Coffee, Lunchi Go Go, and RTV's Bamboo Park were all things I made up. (well, to be fair RTV made the last one, I just gave it a name since half his comics are in a bamboo forest so surely Void has a bamboo forest somewhere in it haha) El Puto's was Felle's, Toast's I think James made up, Andrea's was Owlgem's, Jack Jersey's Fowlie's, and Rainbow Bread's Monday's.

There was also a thread devoted to locations too, but there doesn't seem to be pictures, but that's okay, it's more fun to make up what they look like

http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=7093.0
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:48 AM »
el puto? XD

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54 AM »
El Puto
http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=225
Felle named the taco place after him
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:55 AM »
very old SDT character from Gabe..... an old school fan favorite
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 11:19 AM »
AAAAAAHH okay okay XD

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 12:54 PM »

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 12:59 PM »
El Puto
http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=225
Felle named the taco place after him

The more you know!

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 01:20 PM »

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I dunno how I did it it's like i can read it.

« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2011, 03:56 AM »
Apollo 1862 - a bar that serves the best toasted sandwiches in Void City. Located somewhere in the sewers. And they have a mean carnivorous plant as a bouncer.

Second best jam ever must not die.

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2011, 08:10 AM »
I'm definitely going to have Apollo 1862 in my next battle!

AX, I think your underground homeless territory could connect to this somehow:

Surfside Highway (Interstate I-5)
Void's Surfside region is an eight mile long strip of land along the Surfside Highway, which butts up against Void's major body of water (be it ocean, river, etc.). It's colloquially known as "The Beach" but it has a shitty beach that BY NO MEANS should be used for anything other than toxic waste or corpse disposal.

Bottled letters from lost continents frequently wash ahsore but only junkies ever read the messages. News and ideas are exchanged through graffiti blurbs, which are often obscene and confusing. Mad scientists often leave broken robots here in various states of disrepair. Occasionally, shipments of hotpants (and other cargo, but mostly hotpants) wash up.

Surfside is governed by a ruling Council of hobos and bridge trolls. Recently a homeless youth named "EPIC" declared himself Surfside Savior, and he is now building a canoe to patrol the coast. The Council is all in agreement that this canoe is going to be totally sweet.

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 08:12 AM by Mister Kent »

« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2011, 07:39 AM »
Apollo 1862 - a bar that serves the best toasted sandwiches in Void City. Located somewhere in the sewers. And they have a mean carnivorous plant as a bouncer.

This is great.  In all my years, I've never thought of VOID's sewer system.  I really should have thought of that sooner, due to stuff like Demolition Man and Futurama.  Nicely done!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2011, 09:58 AM »

Alright somewhere to pick up a good meal in between repairs and giant rat attacks. :D

« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2011, 10:05 AM »
This is great.  In all my years, I've never thought of VOID's sewer system.  I really should have thought of that sooner, due to stuff like Demolition Man and Futurama.  Nicely done!

Does that mean Void City Bathrooms utilize the three seashells?

gross.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Omadhaun and kent, those are looking great! What cool ideas, guys. I could totally see this connect to the Under City in some way.

Hope more people do this jam too haha.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

542 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us