EnterVOID Promo thread - Spread the word!

EnterVOID Promo thread - Spread the word!
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:02 AM »
[!]
It's come to our attention that many of you are posting up fliers and spreading the word without encouragement. That's awesome!! We would like to help out everyone who is willing to go that extra mile for void, as well encourage people who may have not thought of doing this before to try it out.

A lot of our members are college students, particularly art students. Posting fliers up on the bulletin board might catch a few eyes. Also, comic shops or any other place you think a potential future voider would lurk in your town.

Here are some items you can use to help promote the site, and we certainly encourage you to create your own and share them with us here!

8.5" x 11" Printable Flier
Tried to make this printer-friendly so it doesn't murder your black ink cartridge.

http://entervoid.com/images/promo/LetterSizeFlier.pdf

[Online Banners]
Stick these in your signatures on other forums, or on your own website or blog. Either use the default image provided, or download the photoshop template and use your own art.

Template:
http://entervoid.com/images/promo/Largebanner.psd

Template:
http://entervoid.com/images/promo/MiniCharacterBanners.psd

[Misc.]

Add the void logo to your DeviantArt icon

.psd file: http://totallylamerobot.com/void/promo/DA-icon.psd

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:08 AM by Red »

Re: EnterVOID Promo thread - Spread the word!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:04 AM »
[Additional Fliers]

Flier by Mister Kent
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=entervoid#/d3g6t5e
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:18 AM by redrevolver »

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:04 AM »
reserved.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:57 AM »
I had the opportunity to design an ad for VOID to go in the back of a one-shot freelance comic that I was hired to do, and since I asked a bunch of you for the use of your characters in it, I figured I'll post it here.

!!!! SUPER SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT !!!!

Red gave me the OK to finish this ad and print it in the comic, BUT THIS IS BASED ON AN OLD STYLE SHEET AND SHOULDN'T BE REPRINTED OR USED ANYWHERE ELSE. The comic is only a 30 copy print run, so the exposure will be minimal.

Red is working super hard to get everything ready for the next version of VOID. Then, AND ONLY THEN, will the ads and fliers and promotion campaigns really kick into gear. It's all very secret, and Red has the final say so on all promotions for VOID. I don't know anything about it other than the NO "OFFICIAL" ADS SHOULD GO OUT UNLESS RED APPROVES THEM.

EDIT: Red says go ahead! (see her posts below)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014, 07:15 PM by The BenT One »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:42 PM »
I really like how that's put together, BenT!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Boy it's a good thing I read that super duper important text before deciding to mindlessly share this ad on facebook!

It looks fantabulous Bent!

Can't wait for the next phase of Void~

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Hahaha I'm not THAT much of a Nazi, Ben! I think this looks really nice! You guys can totally share it or whatever! Please do!

I'm totally down for people making their own ads and stuff. I put together a VOID style guide so that we can stay consistent with logos, colors, wording, etc.
Since we are making 6.0, we have a new logo and pretty soon we will have a fabulous new comic explaining VOID :) Nothing is super concrete yet, so using our "old" branding is perfectly fine for now! I'm waiting for 6.0 to be done to make us a new style guide and actually spend that ad money on stuff.

I DO very much appreciate people at least letting me see any ads you do, because Toast has some very specific things about using certain words when referring to the site. Hopefully soon we will have our new site, new logo and all the shiny new ads for everyone to use :D

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:49 PM »
gonna be honest here, I thought this was gonna be a thread about making ads! instead I got a single one and huge warning font telling me not to do it?? :c

I motion this thread become about making void ads!

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:54 PM »
gonna be honest here, I thought this was gonna be a thread about making ads! instead I got a single one and huge warning font telling me not to do it?? :c

I motion this thread become about making void ads!

http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=11671.0

I made that thread a while ago! I think only Kent made a flier though? Maybe I should merge that thread with this one then hmm. I think this was just for Ben to show us the cool ad he made. His disclaimer was because I told him that pretty soon we would have a new look/logo/that thing you did to advertise with. But since he was on a deadline he just used the old look.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:12 PM »

I made that thread a while ago! I think only Kent made a flier though? Maybe I should merge that thread with this one then hmm. I think this was just for Ben to show us the cool ad he made. His disclaimer was because I told him that pretty soon we would have a new look/logo/that thing you did to advertise with. But since he was on a deadline he just used the old look.

ah! yea, this woulda been a good way to bump that thread!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Hahaha I'm not THAT much of a Nazi, Ben!

I wasn't trying to make you out to be one! I just take things like this fairly seriously.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:17 PM »

I made that thread a while ago! I think only Kent made a flier though? Maybe I should merge that thread with this one then hmm.

That's probably a good idea. I looked for a thread for this but I guess I didn't look hard enough.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:26 PM »
Ok, I smooshed them together.

So, to be clear:

1. Anyone can make a VOID ad, I just ask that you conform to certain guidelines set by Toast.
2. This thread is a work in progress, and will eventually have a bunch of pre-made ad/promo stuff so you don't have to do a custom ad if you don't want to.
3. Since we are updating our look, I don't have a billion things here currently.
4. If you want to make an ad, you might want to wait until we unleash the new logo and stuff.
5. If you're on a tight deadline, like Ben was, feel free to use the old look. I won't die.

« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:39 PM »
aw shiznacks, I actually printed a bunch of postcards almost a year ago and have been distributing them at some cons. I even got a photo of Gabo holding one up in approval:

And the postcard said this:
just browsing here and there

« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2014, 01:29 PM »
I likee that card! I don't think its a problem that those are circulating out in the world.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

302 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us