Encyclopedic VOID Knowledge required

Encyclopedic VOID Knowledge required
« on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I'm looking for someone, or possibly more than one person, with extensive knowledge of VOID's in-comics history and of the characters themselves.

If you believe yourself to be such a person, please let me know.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Encyclopedic VOID Knowledge required
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I would not be that kind of person, but I swear, everytime I talk with Rofl, he always seems to be a walking encyclopedia of void battles.

OH, AND LET'S NOT FORGET PI. The real OG Void Encyclopedia!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Did someone call?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I only know about going-ons from when Arena first came to VC, to now. Not a long timeline :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:21 PM »
I would not be that kind of person, but I swear, everytime I talk with Rofl, he always seems to be a walking encyclopedia of void battles.

OH, AND LET'S NOT FORGET PI. The real OG Void Encyclopedia!

This. For real, RoflQu IS a walking encyclopedia. He brings up fights and stuff I've never even seen and characters I've never heard of haha.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:55 PM »
How can I help?

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2011, 06:58 PM »
FOOLS! YOU'VE SAID HIS NAME!

YOU'VE DOOMED US AAALLL!!!

/lolHasturjoke

Serious Question:what secret project are you onto this time, Toast?

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Pi, didn't we always call him the Void Encyclopedia?
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2011, 10:21 PM »
I believe I know a good amount, but who knows?

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2011, 07:42 AM »
Wow, I missed a lot of posts in this thread.  However, I do have a list of what I need for the moment, and am certain to need more in the future.  When that need arises, I'll be sure to reach out to each of you.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I could now use a list of any characters that have a plane, and a list of any characters that have teleportation powers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:26 PM »
I assume you mean any living characters? I remember Harriet Blauben had a plane, but she died in the SDT.

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2011, 05:35 PM »
For what we need it for, no, being alive does not necessarily need to be a requirement.
 ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2011, 06:36 PM »
as far as i know, harriet glauben and kaisho ponbiki were the two characters with regular access to a plane. there's a few who've used planes (agent black and others of the sort come to mind), and there are those who have other flying vehicles, like konchuuman's mech or portobello's spaceship. bigger orgs in VC might have access as well, such as VCPD, the Orphanage, or the Masked Men.

teleportation is a bit more tricky, as no one's really made it part of their primary power set. Traveler, and RTV had time travel powers, so that's a kind of teleportation. Haiden and phaze could shadowmeld, and traumen sie weaver could dreamwalk, but those might be reaching a bit. maybe some of the ghosts like banshee, todd boggart, black dog, koshi. magic users also: cirrus, mikal, pye, kotori, belael, aston brennan, coalar, moa goetia, vencil, etc.

that's everything i could find going through the listings, and none of them i'm particularly confident in. this about settles it, my next character will be a teleport specific character. i can't believe we've been around for so long and no one's thought to make a nightcrawler or something.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Isn't Boek (Cherubas' character) a teleporter?

« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2011, 07:15 PM »
As is Flint Locke.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Yeah Boek has transport specifically as a power.

Lophii Formes also has pilot fish that transports people when they are eaten whole.

I know The Mechanic works for a company that has a flying fortress so possible planes there.

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Estrella has the power to teleport. Or atleast move at the speed of thought like angels. That's like teleporting. Ponbiki has acces to planes and has access to guns that teleport criminals to secret jails. That's what I can tell you about my characters.

Red6 had a huge spaceship.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Thank you everyone, I now have much research to perform.

Also, I'll be sure to specify living, dead, or both in future requests.

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Traveler, and RTV had time travel powers, so that's a kind of teleportation.

That's how my opponents always portrayed it. Rtv03's timetravel is similar to Quantum Leap, except R ended up in his own body...ONCE, and got stuck there. <--- Butterfly Effect is another example.

Some form of teleportation is the ability to travel through shadows by using a black hood. Not really a power, but it does the job.

Chick Rtv can do all of the above. Definetly teleportation.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I don't know why, but always loved the time travellers and teleporters.
And scientists :)

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 08:24 PM »
When do we get to learn what this is for? As an artist with a teleporting character I'm quite curious.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 08:39 PM »
It's for that BB that Dan, Toast and Angie are working on.  Or at least that seems to be the hints they've been dropping.

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15 PM »
When do we get to learn what this is for? As an artist with a teleporting character I'm quite curious.
You'll learn, but it'll take awhile.  Though, as the artist of a teleporter, you'll learn before others.

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Sebastian Rockwell creates little blackholes to teleport, if I recall. Todd Susser was able to harness the teleportation powers of certain summons, specifically Bathin (in the vs. Anya battle).

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

293 Guests, 2 Users

[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us