Seeking Think Tanks

Seeking Think Tanks
« on: Mar 15, 2011, 10:16 PM »
I'm seeking people of the Think Tank position.  Figure it's time to get some new blood in there and mix things up a bit.

Two things:
The Think Tanks primary assignments are to generate ideas for site expansion, point out oversights on my part, form consensus on site direction, select participants for events, and sometimes handle communication (writing news, the DA/Facebook/Twitter accounts)... those sorts of things.
and
Volunteering does not necessarily mean you will be selected.  I aim for a good mix of opinion and personality between individuals.  Too many people all agreeing with each just isn't a good thing.  Similarly, too many people at each other's throats means nothing gets done.

Post below if interested.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Seeking Think Tanks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Previous behavior on the site will most likely play a part in Toast's decision too.

Hope to see some new and active Think Tanks in the ranks soon! (so if you get chosen please don't evaporate off the face of the earth!)
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2011, 11:34 PM »

Moi, c'est oui s'il vous plaît? si ça ne vous dérange pas trop.

merci de votre attention!
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2011, 11:41 PM by jho »
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:11 AM »
I would like to volunteer myself for consideration.

I know I have not been here long and I have yet to do many comics but I am endeared to this site and what it means for struggling comic artists that aspire to be apart of a community for which they can learn and grow through critical feedback, words of advice, and the air of competitiveness and community that creates the perfect environment for which an artist can flourish if they give the effort.

Aside from my own feelings for the site, i have done a similar job in rp chat rooms (linked below) and their respective DA groups. I have much experience debating and coming to accords with my fellow thinkers on ideas and points of action and I trying to be as helpful and productive as possible. I feel I could do similar work here as well.

http://swtheorder.deviantart.com/
http://jediorder.deviantart.com/

I hope I can be a useful asset to the Think Tank if at all possible, and help improve Entervoid for both Voiders and those that read and support this site in turn.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2011, 04:18 AM »
Man, ever since I joined I always thought it would be pretty nice to be a think tank.

I guess this is the application part:

I am not a quiet, kind yes man, as many of you already know. I voice my opinion quite readily, but unlike how I was in the past, when I first joined Void, I would now consider myself more kind and approachable, while still necessarily hard. I am active in Void, and the forums, as well as the chat.

As far as getting along while not simply giving up, or simply agreeing 100% with everyone, I would like to think I will fight for my side/point/opinion/etc without backstabbing or burning bridges. The best example I can find of this is simply the relationship between me and Angie. Without a doubt, me and Angie tend to hardly ever see eye to eye on anything, and we both strongly voice our opinions. But I would like to think neither one of us hates one another, or tries to ruin each other, and we keep it civil and don't let it get between us. It is an internet comic battle site/forum after all.

As for past experience, I was a moderator over on War For Arcadia for some time before eventually dropping the position and coming back to Void to stay.

Thank you for your consideration <3

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:27 AM »
So green am I that I don't deserve the position, but if it means anything I second any motions for jho and qyzex

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:16 AM »
But I would like to think neither one of us hates one another, or tries to ruin each other, and we keep it civil and don't let it get between us. It is an internet comic battle site/forum after all.

You're right, I certainly don't hate you :) I don't seriously hate anyone on the site, and I sure hope no one actually hates anyone on the site
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:31 AM »
If you need people, I wouldn't mind volunteering.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:58 PM »
I draw stuff here at least once a year, and I have an excellent telephone manner.
I have past experience thinking about websites that I am confident this prior experience could be effectivised in this position to allow optimization of user fulfilment. I believe children are the future.
I ask you to please take this in to account when making your decision.

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:25 PM »
I'd love to be something more to Void, but I'm not fit for the job XD

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I'd most definitely be interested, even if I am a new guy on the block.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Previous behavior on the site will most likely play a part in Toast's decision too.

Lol. Don't worry, I'm not applying for it.

« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2011, 12:45 AM »
I'm still thinking on it.I know I'll be getting busy soon, but at the same time posting and replying to stuff doesn't take a whole lot of time. I can do that from school too since I'm on a computer 99% of the day.

I guess I'll throw my name in! I also don't agree with everyone all the time ever too so there is that. I liked to think that even though I have a somewhat strong opinion on certain subjects I can still be quite level-headed about it all. Qyzex and I disagree a lot on things, but we're still bros!

« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Bumped Jho to Approval Committee since she already has the job on the main site and her lack of recognition on the forum is my oversight.

Also took Kuro 'cause I've missed his opinions and wanted him back ever since he stopped being a Think Tank the first time.

I'm also picking up Orange, since I like fresh eyes and a new perspective.

Qyz, nothing against ya, but I feel you're a bit too close to Hiemie and Rofl, and that would throw off the group dynamic.

Everyone else, stay tuned.  I'm by no means done, and will continue to adjust as needed.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Thanks man, I hope I won't let you down :)

« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:47 PM »
you already let me down
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:04 PM »
What kind of commitment/responsibility level is involved?  It's been a while since I've been a regular on the site so I may not be entirely informed as to what a Think Tank member might actually do other than be part of a brain storming committee.  Is there anywhere I can go to check out what is involved beyond what Toast mentioned in the original post?  Thanks.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:22 PM »
you already let me down

Then I am making progress!

« Reply #18 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Hope I can help. Thanks.

« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2011, 07:08 PM »
You can help us by not leaving mysteriously again Kuro! Grats to the people that got promoted.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #20 on: Mar 21, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Me!!!

« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I wasn't as active for a stretch earlier on last year, but I never just vanished.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2011, 03:30 AM »
Qyz, nothing against ya, but I feel you're a bit too close to Hiemie and Rofl, and that would throw off the group dynamic.

I take great offense to that! I am most certainly nothing like those outlandish upstarts. I AM TRULY HURT, GOOD SIR.

In honesty, it's a bummer to not get in, but I actually have a question. Do you mean close as in friends with, or close as in personality wise?

And no, I'm not really offended.

« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2011, 12:38 PM »

I take great offense to that! I am most certainly nothing like those outlandish upstarts. I AM TRULY HURT, GOOD SIR.

In honesty, it's a bummer to not get in, but I actually have a question. Do you mean close as in friends with, or close as in personality wise?

And no, I'm not really offended.

I'd think he means in "political leaning" or opinions. (or however you want to say it.)

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2011, 01:28 PM »
TO HELL IF I'D EVER AGREE WITH YOU.

I can see how people would see it that way. I MEAN, ERIC, YOU DID MODEL YOURSELF AFTER ME.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

253 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us