Heavyweight Tournament 2011

Re: Heavyweight Tournament 2011
« Reply #275 on: Mar 17, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I think it's perfectly fair. I don't agree with any of this unfair business. And besides, life is unfair, and all you really gotta do is roll with it all and make the best outta it.

I mean, if you look at it in this way, it sheds new light: You put out an amazing comic and beat Rofl, and then move on to the next round. You then turn in something... not bad, but definitely not your best work, and you lose that round. I'm sure Rofl could turn it around and simply say "That's not fair, I would have put my all into my next fight, unlike this chump Orange". Rofl wouldn't say that, but I hope you get my point.

I know you, and I know you'll turn in stuff that will still kick ass, but I don't think it's "fair" to make you focus on this tourney when you have more important real life things to attend to. School is mad important, and I think that should come before Void

« Reply #276 on: Mar 17, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I get your point, at the same time I do agree with it being unfair to let me get off easy. In a what-if scenario, say someone allowed me to hand in my comic and suffer no penalty for it and possibly win, and then let RoflQu go on to the next round. I don't lose out on anything. I guess the thing is I signed up to do this, it's like a contract. Most of the time terminating a contract early has penalties for it, and I'm looking to see what I can get without said penalty etc.

It is a tournament, and I'm still healthy and not in life-threatening circumstances or anything, so I'm inclined to just play it by ear and give it whatever I can. But thanks anyway man!

« Reply #277 on: Mar 17, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Well then, here's to hoping Rofl kicks your ass! <3

« Reply #278 on: Mar 17, 2011, 02:28 PM »
School definitely should come before void, so accepting the loss and focusing on the schoolwork would be a perfectly understandable answer. I've dealt with that. I know others who have dealt with that. Sure, life's NOT fair, which is the point of the situation. It sucks there aren't 522 hours in a day to get everything done and things pop up. It's just like you say, "roll with it all and make the best outta it." If you're going to kill yourself over a loss in a comic battle you seriously shouldn't be doing it in the first place. It's apparently a moot point though as he has decided to stay in the tournament and just do the best he can. I admire that.

« Reply #279 on: Mar 17, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I don't think you meant anything as such. But it just didn't seem like you were treating Rofl winning as a possibility in what you were asking here. It didn't seem intentional but it still felt like a slight. Don't want to cause a scene where there's not. Just wanted to say that possibility's still very much on the table too.

Frankly, I loathe the idea of "Playing" void. Yes it's not pro work. Yes it's a fun thing to do. But to me, the game-y aspect people approach it with some times seems to undermine striving for quality. Obviously not with your stuff, Orange but with others. Sometimes, someone can let their work go to shit & just go "well that was fun" but no one else gets anything out of it, & they're not progressing as an artist. At that point it's kind of like, what's the point. I think it cheapens the whole attitude of Practicing comics. Just make something better than the last. But whatever. That's my take.

At any rate, like I said, if you win, I think you're perfectly in your right to pull out at this kind of a juncture. People are voting & you're not leaving them hanging, making promises you can't keep. You've got some quality stuff for this round, I'm sure & just want to stay honest. It shows you know what you're capable of & your limits. And it's fair to others.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2011, 03:35 PM by Kuro »

« Reply #280 on: Mar 17, 2011, 03:59 PM »
Just so it's clear on how I stand, I'm fine with this. We've talked about it at length before this went up and there's no hard feelings or whatever regarding this.

I don't care if he decided to hand me the win and not for the obvious reason of me winning, but because the site's for fun and considering you're doing all kinds of shit at the moment, if you can't afford it then you should get your 'termination' at your request.

But, hopefully all of this is theoretical and I'll be able to save you from this tournament on my own merits.

EDIT: Or hell, make the next round a 3 way.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2011, 04:03 PM by RoflQu »

« Reply #281 on: Mar 17, 2011, 04:12 PM »
It's fine, it was a dumb question anyway guys. I'm not dropping out. If I lose, cool beans, I am okay with that.

« Reply #282 on: Mar 17, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Despite every that's been said in the last 24 hours since my last post... still talk to me when Voting is wrapping up.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #283 on: Mar 17, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Will do!

« Reply #284 on: Mar 17, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Speaking as another competitor in the tournament I have 100% no problem with someone bowing out under these circumstances.  It would be another thing entirely if Orange was trying to bow out of the current round but that's not the case. 

The other rounds haven't even been scheduled yet and next round was going to be two three way fights anyway, so really up to two people could bow out and the tournament would continue without a hitch.  So again, I'm completely fine with it if that's what happens. 

A side note:  I would be excited to face Orange if it worked out that way, but I'd want a competitor that was in position to give it their all.  I applaud you for bringing this up in advance and not simply defaulting later on.

« Reply #285 on: Mar 18, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Thanks dude.

But like I said, I'm not dropping out regardless now. The only way I'm going out of this tournament is via a loss, so if it happens to me this round so be it and I'll be cheering Rofl on through the rest I guess! As for defaulting later on, I stand by a 100% guarantee that I don't default. I work hard on these fights to get them in to a decent quality, the only way I'll ever default is if I landed myself in the hospital and couldn't draw or an urgent family matter came up that demanded my attention :)

I just ask that people vote fairly on my fight against RoflQu and not try and do me a favour and skew the votes so I can be spared having to go on. I'd rather if I lost, it was done honestly as it would only be fair to RoflQu and myself. I doubt that anyone -will- skew the votes at all, I just wanted to make sure I got that off my chest. No, I am not implying that I'd win and that Rofl stands no chance, before we go down that road again, I just want the outcome of this to be fair for the both of us. I want me to have lost because RoflQu's comic was better than mine rather than the fact that I asked a dumb question earlier ^^;. I hope that came out right, I really don't want to seem like I'm trying to be a dick or instigate anything :(

« Reply #286 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Can't wait to see everyone's work, good luck guys!

« Reply #287 on: Mar 21, 2011, 08:29 AM »
Next round is up.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #288 on: Mar 21, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Well done on another great round, everyone.  It's a pleasure competing with all of you.

« Reply #289 on: Mar 28, 2011, 01:04 AM »
How are the ties going to be handled?

« Reply #290 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Ties both people move forward.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #291 on: Mar 28, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Boy, but in a way never seen before!

I really dig this tie progression by separating the tie-ee's so they don't face each other right again. Very cool move. Let's just hope we don't get a tie AGAIN. I don't think our hearts could take a 4 WAY finale.

« Reply #292 on: Apr 11, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Next round is up
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #293 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Superb work, I might say it's the best round yet ;)

« Reply #294 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:30 PM »
AWESOME JOB DUDES.

« Reply #295 on: Apr 11, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Really enjoying all the comics this round!

« Reply #296 on: Apr 13, 2011, 09:52 AM »
This is a really great round, but the comments section is practically DEAD for all of the fights that are up now!  (Even the non-tournament fights.)  I'd really like to know what people think of all of the fights, not just my own.  Commence comments!

« Reply #297 on: Apr 15, 2011, 05:53 AM »
Is the next round of the tournament the final round or we some how squeezing another round out of it?  I'm assuming it's a final three way match between all of the winners whoever they end up being.

« Reply #298 on: Apr 15, 2011, 07:21 AM »
Next should be the last in another 3 way.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #299 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:41 AM »
One more battle to go.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

261 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 283.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us