Heavyweight Tournament 2011

Re: Heavyweight Tournament 2011
« Reply #200 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:42 PM »

« Reply #201 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:46 PM »
well well well, this is gonna be one HELL of a tournament.

« Reply #202 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Good luck everyone, have fun, and kick some ass!

« Reply #203 on: Feb 13, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Okay cool beans! LETS DO THIS. Which means if someone could cancel my BB that'd be swell :)

« Reply #204 on: Feb 13, 2011, 10:05 PM »
24 people in. @___@!!!

I'M SO EXCITED I CANT SLEEP SLDJOIEJLSJDLEJWOIJSLDJGLSJDFFSIE

« Reply #205 on: Feb 13, 2011, 10:11 PM »
i fucking need my luck here
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #206 on: Feb 14, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Oh my.
Everyone that got in is a real...

HEAVYWEIGHT.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

« Reply #207 on: Feb 14, 2011, 02:27 AM »
Oh, right, also best of luck to everyone else competing in this too :). Lets make some great comics :D!

« Reply #208 on: Feb 14, 2011, 03:35 AM »
Awesome turn out, Awesometo be in, Awesome will try to kick some ass too XD

Second Roud here I come XD

« Reply #209 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:10 AM »
I lost the inscriptions >_> Meh, I'll survive. Rock on dudes!

« Reply #210 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:18 AM »
I DONT SLEEP BECAUSE I AM WRITING SCRIPT

I KNOW!!! JHO? WRITING SCRIPT??

MADNESS

« Reply #211 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:59 PM »
A tournament bracket should be posted for all the participants to see. I think it might make for stronger storytelling possibilities and maybe introduce a new twist.

Just a thought.

« Reply #212 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:09 PM »
I think part of the fun is NOT knowing who you could possibly be fighting next. And when it happens - BAM!! You have 1 day to think of a story and 13 days to draw it. xD

« Reply #213 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:15 PM »
I think part of the fun is NOT knowing who you could possibly be fighting next. And when it happens - BAM!! You have 1 day to think of a story and 13 days to draw it. xD

With a bracket you still don't know who you will be fighting next, although the possibilities are narrowed down. Besides, it would be something that has not been seen on this board to my knowledge and I think would make it interesting. It works in major sports and is always exciting. I think the stories would be slightly tighter as well.

Oh...it also keeps the onlookers/fans tightly involved with the tournament's progress.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011, 06:19 PM by Njhinesjr »

« Reply #214 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:51 PM »
During the SDT, Perca had made a chart of sorts or rather she drew up everyone's headshot.  And so as people died we just blacked out those headshots of the dead people.  That was sorta fun.

« Reply #215 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I DONT SLEEP BECAUSE I AM WRITING SCRIPT

I KNOW!!! JHO? WRITING SCRIPT??

MADNESS

You can do it Jho! Write that script and draw like no woman's ever drawn before!

I'm gonna be running on 4 hours (maybe 6 tonight) of sleep every weeknight. Homework/classwork all day and comics all night. And no Coffee because I don't drink hot liquids...That's the devil's temperature.

Nah, in reality I just don't like Coffee.

« Reply #216 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:06 PM »
And no Coffee because I don't drink hot liquids...That's the devil's temperature.

Nah, in reality I just don't like Coffee.

http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/via/via-log/occasion/recipes/post/905#content-anchor

oooooor, what I make for myself at home on my days off

put the following into a mug

1 pack Starbucks VIA (any kind. It HAS to be Starbucks VIA for this to work. I say this not because I work for Starbucks but because I've attempted it with other instant coffees like Nescafe and since other instant coffees are not ground as finely as VIA, they will not blend into it easily)

+
2 tablespoons Starbucks Mocha Powder (I imagine sweetened cocoa powder or chocolate syrup will do the job too, provided you'll be adding less chocolate syrup)

+
2 tablespoons hot water

stir it all really well, it's very important that the water you added is hot so the powders will mix. When you add the cold milk you pretty much have no hope of mixing the powder itself anymore than that.

very vanilla soy milk or any of your favorite milk, I use vanilla soy because the vanilla boosts the flavor, I'm not sure how well it would work with regular milk but if you use just Hershey's chocolate syrup instead of the mocha powder I imagine the Hershey's would take the bite off of the coffee.

the results are chocolate awesomeness with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. While I love the flavor of coffee, you won't taste it at all so even coffee haters would like it. This is also super awesome hot, so if you have any hot chocolate mix sitting around and want to be ghetto, just toss the VIA in there.

If you're scared to try coffee, since you're in Columbus, get your ass to Giant Eagle and go to the tea/coffee section (for the non Ohio people, Target also carries this). Giant Eagle carries the holy grail of deliciousness

fuckin Tazo Chai concentrate. For best results add the Chai to vanilla soy milk since I believe this concentrate isn't sweetened like the stuff Starbucks uses so it's kind of bland unless you give it a little extra sugar.

There, all of you are now armed with coffee and tea recipes, I don't want to hear any pansies being all "I needed to sleep" when I have given you my coffee knowledge.

For the coffee lovers out there, fuck all the fancy stuff. A large coffee at most any place, even a gas station, should have roughly 400+mg of caffeine. Don't even look at espresso beverages, a shot of espresso only has about 75mg of caffeine a shot so it's far more efficient and cheaper to just get a massive cup of coffee.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011, 08:11 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #217 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:15 PM »
i like how you say fuck n fuckin in the how to, that's old void spirit right there

« Reply #218 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:03 PM »
....the results are chocolate awesomeness with as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. While I love the flavor of coffee, you won't taste it at all so even coffee haters would like it. This is also super awesome hot, so if you have any hot chocolate mix sitting around and want to be ghetto, just toss the VIA in there.

HMMMM...Then I'll have to try that...Since I'm not a huge fan of the Coffee flavor. Chocolate is fine with me though.

If you're scared to try coffee, since you're in Columbus, get your ass to Giant Eagle and go to the tea/coffee section (for the non Ohio people, Target also carries this). Giant Eagle carries the holy grail of deliciousness

fuckin Tazo Chai concentrate. For best results add the Chai to vanilla soy milk since I believe this concentrate isn't sweetened like the stuff Starbucks uses so it's kind of bland unless you give it a little extra sugar.

HEY, HEY, I AIN'T SCARED. >:{...You know? I think they actually sell that on campus, I never really even bothered to actually check it out though. Any who, thanks Ang <3

« Reply #219 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:06 PM »
np :D the campus store probably does have it, they have all the other totally indie pretentious things like ALMOND MILK and ORGANIC SNACK BARS. (provided I love both, but still!) I know for a fact they have vanilla soy milk alongside the expensive ass delicious kashi frozen dinners and cereals.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #220 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Oh my god, Tazo Chai.

You will drink that shit and you will FUCKING LIKE IT.

Or I will have your head on my mantle. >:T

« Reply #221 on: Feb 17, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Bring on that bracket! >:(

« Reply #222 on: Feb 17, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Bring on that bracket! >:(

I don't want a bracket. I want randomized rounds.

« Reply #223 on: Feb 17, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I want randomised or ractionalisied match ups, but I would love to see some kind of graphic represantation of current match ups that could be possibly updates as matches progress.

« Reply #224 on: Feb 20, 2011, 10:08 PM »
OOH I'm making something like that Wolcik but others can tooooo

in case mine sucks

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

306 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us