The Alignment Jam

Re: The Alignment Jam
« Reply #25 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:36 PM »
And again there is always our, abusive, friend TvTropes for further reading and examples.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharacterAlignment

And of course these are rather broad terminologies and are more for your own reference then set rules. it all depends on motivations, means to ends, personal code and world view that are as varied and vast as any real person's personality.

So play around with and let it get your gears turning. Might find some stuff that could help you with your writing.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 01:40 PM by Orion »

« Reply #26 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:42 PM »
This jam has 2 pages and only 1 person posted a drawing. Come on guys
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #27 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:43 PM »
From what I can tell this isn't so much a visual jam as it is a literal one. I mean it more about defining terms then really displaying the types in each panel on the grid. But we can still display each trait of type within the given range.

So yeah there needs to be more of that.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 01:46 PM by Orion »

« Reply #28 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Yeah...but then going to TVtropes and seeing this page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheGreatCharacterAlignmentDebate

Supports my initial thoughts.  Not saying you're wrong or that it might not be a good writing exercise but it does bring those doubts up to mind.

« Reply #29 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:35 PM »
"There's a reason someone created an alignment chart with Batman in each position."

i kinda want to make that chart now.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Will, Orion: don't take it too seriously, this was meant for fun~ like horoscopes and other baseless charts

« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Will, Orion: don't take it too seriously, this was meant for fun~ like horoscopes and other baseless charts

oh a HOROSCOPE JAM would be soooo gooood :P

« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2016, 10:47 PM »
This thread DOES exist apparently 8D
I started with my intended Void roster, then went "eh" and filled in the rest with some less embarrassing OCs. Was surprised I was able to fill in all the alignments.
Sorry I didn't draw in new pics for this.
p.s. this was just for fun and isn't intended as a strict guide on how to portray my characters.
p.p.s. blasts from the past.
p.p.p.s. 69th post.
p.p.p.p.s. I figure Faye is in Lawful Neutral only because she follows military protocol.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2016, 10:51 PM by Iced Tea »

« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Ayy here's mine with (mostly) my void characters

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

288 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us