The Alignment Jam

The Alignment Jam
« on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Anyone who's played table top or DnD is aware of the 3x3 grid of 9 different alignments that characters get placed in in these games, from lawful good to chaotic evil and everything inbetween. It's fine for a game, though as Roflqu pointed out to me, characters really shouldn't be easily place-able in a 9-point chart. Agreed, characters usually tend to teeter inbetween these strict regulations.

But that doesn't mean we can't have fun trying to squeeze them in!

This is my chart, no doubt people will agree and disagree with some of my choices.

You can discuss such, or come up with your own!

Don't Know what the alignments mean?

Here's brief summaries:

Lawful Good - Follows either a strict code of ethics or works within the confines of the law for the sake of doing good. Usually is opposed to killing outright, and tries their very best not to lie or steal or cheat to get what they need.

Neutral Good - Someone who is good-hearted but not exactly compelled to seek justice. Sort of like an average good citizen.

Chaotic Good - Has their own opinionated, often selfish view of what is right and wrong, and has no qualms breaking the law or even killing if the ends justify the means.

Lawful Neutral - Their only motivation is whatever laws they follow. The world is in black and white and good and evil play no part in enforcing their law. A "judge and jury" archetype.

True Neutral - Must literally have no motivations to anything else but whatever concerns them. They can be a force of great good or great evil, dependent entirely on their whim.

Chaotic Neutral - A more extreme version of True Neutra, heir actions are far more volatile and erratic. Rationale and reasoning don't exist for a Chaotic Neutral; whatever works in their head is how the world works, and to hell with everyone else.

Lawful Evil - This character is extremely disciplined and their entire motivation is usually fueled by either someone they work for (dark lord, god, etc.), some twisted code of ethics, or an elaborate master plan, and they do not stray from their drive for anything. An assassin who never screws his client over can also be considered this.

Neutral Evil - The 'lesser' of the evils in that this evil is the kind you can bargain with, as long as it benefits him in some way better than his current course of actions. This evil may even temporarily ally with a hero if it benefits him in some way. An assassin who may switch clients for a higher pay can also be considered this.

Chaotic Evil - Might be considered the most dangerous evil because of their unpredictability. They thrive in chaos and no one, not even their own minions, are ever 100% safe from their wrath, since simply doing a good job is not enough for this evil. You may be killed for wearing the wrong color tie.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 11:47 AM by PyrasTerran »

Re: The Alignment Jam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:34 PM »
I think Luna would fit in Chaotic Neutral or possibly even Chaotic Evil in a few small ways maybe, depending on this next comic.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Anyone that does this jam will get super bonus points if they draw in each character :D
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Leland's Lawful Good like nobody's business.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Vanilla Boek is Lawful Good.

Ritalin Boek is... More of a neutral.

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2011, 11:45 PM »
Anyone that does this jam will get super bonus points if they draw in each character :D

I think super bonus points will have to translate into something substantial if anyone's gonna take on that challenge ^^; these jams be hard to get moving nowadays...

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2011, 11:50 PM »
It's not really a challenge. People should be able to do 9 little headshots in like an hour.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2011, 01:05 AM »
does that mean you're gonna do one?   = D

« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:24 PM »
does that mean you're gonna do one?   = D

Nope. I haven't had a day off in like 3 weeks. I don't want to.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:47 PM »
:| woe.

« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:25 AM »
Just so people don't think this is going to die (specifically you Pyras) I'm probalby gonna do this one. Also Hemie you don't have to worry about doing it cause one of your char's is gonna be in mine, I'm trying to choose all different char's than the ones Pyras did.
Evil times three equals infinity.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:58 AM »
ooo take my character I have no fucking idea what alignment tehy are though ahwahwha
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2011, 04:02 AM »
Yes; if there is a challenge in this jam, it's doing a set with 9 different characters each time. I think the choices I made were among the easiest to come up with~
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 04:04 AM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2011, 05:28 AM »
I don't play DnD or even really have an understanding of what these alignments mean but I'm drawn to do this!  Who are the first, fourth, eighth, and ninth characters?

« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Alright, done!

Lotta old ones on here but they were the first ones to come to mind.

« Reply #15 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:34 AM »
aww hells to the yeah!

Alright, done!

Lotta old ones on here but they were the first ones to come to mind.

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 07:50 AM by Qyzex »

« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:37 AM »
Awesome! It will probably be quite a bit easier to do older characters since there was more of a good vs. evil characters kind of thing in many of the early characters. (a lot of newer ones are a lot more vague and hard to pinpoint what they are) I'm surprised you didn't do Crazy Sam!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:39 AM »
AH CRAZY SAM!  I can't believe I lapsed on him! 

« Reply #18 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:45 AM »

« Reply #19 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Of all the people to finish before everyone else. Johnny.

« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:52 AM »
I don't play DnD or even really have an understanding of what these alignments mean but I'm drawn to do this!  Who are the first, fourth, eighth, and ninth characters?

the 1st is Arena: http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1679
The 4th is Maansik, of Bhaav & Maansik: http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1842
The 8th is Mortimerr: http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1765
The 9th is Frank, of Frank & Emmelia: http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1844

ALSO

I added descriptions of each alignment for anyone who has no idea what they mean. :]

« Reply #21 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:16 PM »

« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:45 PM »
you're on comic board.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #23 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Shhh Jho.  They're like sleepwalkers, if you wake them they might die!

And you know I don't know anything about these alignments but after reading Pyras' description of them...they're kinda stuffy and rigid.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 01:02 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #24 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:23 PM »
True, but people do fit into them.

Does a character always obey the law, obey it only when convenient for him, or openly defy the law?
Does he go out of his way to do what's right, make no real effort to affect people one way or the other, or revel in the torment of others?

And boom, you're done. :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

309 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us