Slice of Pi

Slice of Pi
« on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:46 PM »
Here's a big fat art dump, courtesy of updating my portfolio.

Re: Slice of Pi
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:26 AM »
great stuff :) keep it up.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:23 AM »
Whoa i really like the portraits Pi. DidnĀ“t knew are doing this and also that good.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:29 AM »
Break me off a piece of that.

Really like the portraits too, this is all a real nice display so far.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Holy fucking epic improvement!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Is...is that a ZOMBIE? :B

Beautiful portraits!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Those portraits are really nice, but for some reason I liked the storyboard about the man with the hat too. I probably enjoyed that a little too much actually. :D

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:13 PM »

My favorite.

Great work Pi.  Would love to see those storyboards in motion.  Make it happen?

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2011, 08:39 PM »
so i was talking to some people about how it felt a bit unnatural to draw without a live model now, but i've been breaking down those walls slowly. doing some character designs for my thesis projects, you can take a look at them. they're not final concepts by any means, but maybe you guys can help me out (more on this later).

"Challenge" is a fight scene between these two characters:

"Witch" is a weird western story based on the Crystal character I was developing a while back in the incubator.

"Rummager" is a story about a little girl who lives in a scavenger society.

These are good seeds for design, I think, but I don't think I'm good enough of a conceptual designer or illustrator to really sell them. So, if you guys have any ideas on where to go from here, feedback would be much appreciated. Better yet, if anyone is interested in helping me visually develop my films, I can promise you a film credit and lots of love. Also, if you yourself are working towards some kind of illustration/concept art degree, maybe this could be mutually beneficial for both of us.

Thanks for taking the time and looking at my drawings!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2012, 01:06 AM »
so, i learned a lot in the past year. i think my art shows that.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2012, 04:59 AM »
Loving those backgrounds, dude. It's all looking nice.

In the turnarounds of the kid, don't be afraid to add more s curve to make him more dynamic. He's a little too rigid straight up & down. Like in the side, it works in the neck but I think about pushing the waist forward & the feet back a scouch. Even for design sheet standards, it's good to aim for the most natural.

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2012, 12:04 PM »
here are some webcomics i've been doing for this comedy site i started with my friends.

i think i'm going to be changing the way i draw the characters, i thought i wanted it one way, but i'm feeling like that's too restrictive. anyway, check us out at http://dipstickswagger.com

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2012, 05:24 PM »
stuff from my advanced perspective class.

« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Hey man, you're coming along pretty well.

Good shots there, I like how each one tells a little story. My fav is the woman in the window. The snake tat is rad, too bad it cropped so close.

A few of these could use some more varied line thickness. You might also want to try feather in some lines to create some depth/definition/shadows, it will help to make your art not look so flat (especially if you don't plan on colouring). Some hand-size problems in a couple of the first few, but you get better towards the bottom ones.

Don't be afraid of using a ruler either ;)

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2012, 11:08 PM »
more stuff from advanced perspective.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2012, 01:06 AM »
stuff from clothed figure:

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

935 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 937.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us