VCAST 3.0 - Available to download again!

Re: VCAST 3.0 EPISODE 7 NOW UP!
« Reply #450 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:20 PM »
EPISODE 7 IS UP!!
This time we have official intro music! I left a lot of our funny mess ups and awkward parts in for your listening pleasure ... Also, listen all the way to the end for our funny outro ... for those who are fans of our voice changing stupid intros we used to have haha. ENJOY!!!

Listen here:
http://www.totallylamerobot.com/void/vcast/

and a direct link to those who want to download:
http://www.totallylamerobot.com/void/vcast/My%20Song.mp3

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast-EPISODE 6 UP
« Reply #451 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:42 PM »
just a quick note. It's REALLY quiet. and when I turn up the volume, Red is louder than Tom and Angie, so I have to strain to hear them, since I can't turn it up too loud or Red's voice booms

« Reply #452 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I think them's the breaks with Skype, the host is going to sound the loudest because the recording software is on their computer. That happened with the previous Vcast too, it's something I don't know if we can fix unless we're all sitting in a room together. The only other solutions I can think of are

1.People buy us top notch mics

2.Someone pay for a Ventrilo or Mumble server for us to use, they are superior to skype but both cost money.

But I'm not sure if either will fix the problem so I don't think it's really worth blowing money on, I bought 3 different mics for the previous Vcast and none of them really fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 12:50 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #453 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I know, I don't know why... I think it's because I'm the one recording, but I'm not sure. It's all recorded as a single chunk, so I have no way of adjusting individual voices. Sorry.

« Reply #454 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:54 PM »
no worries, just thought I'd bring it up

« Reply #455 on: Jun 05, 2011, 12:59 PM »
I've never thought of using Mumble or Vent ... is it worth it? I have no experience with those. If it's not too expensive I'll consider it, I've already shelled out cash to do the cast so might as well spend a little more to make it nice. But, I'll play around with skype to see if there's a way to fix it.

« Reply #456 on: Jun 05, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Well, I do have a guildie on WoW that allows us to use her mumble server for WoW stuff. I could ask her if we could try it out. Mumble is pretty nice, the only drawback is everyone we interview will have to download it and set it up. It's a pretty easy set up (well there is one spot that is slightly confusing but other than that it's kind of idiot proof) and it has nice sound quality as well as a push to talk function so background noise shouldn't be lingering all the time. If my guildie allows us to use it and we like it you and I could split the cost of renting one. It's my understanding Mumble is cheaper than Vent. I would like us to at least test it before putting money down on it.

I'm not sure if it effects recording levels, but I think you can adjust individual people's sound levels too like on Vent. I do know overall it offers a nicer sound quality because I was our raid leader last expansion and people couldn't hear me very well on Vent, but Mumble allows you to calibrate the sound to your mic so you come out clearer and such so now people can hear me clearly.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 01:43 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #457 on: Jun 05, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Tossed her an email asking if she'd let us use it for a test recording so we'll see what we think.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #458 on: Jun 05, 2011, 01:56 PM »
AWESOMMMME!

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast-EPISODE 7 UP
« Reply #459 on: Jun 05, 2011, 03:18 PM »

« Reply #460 on: Jun 05, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Damn, I got a shit load of work done during that, and cheers for the answers TODK. This was actually hilarious, you certainly can talk haha.

It was a really pleasant surprise to hear you're English too, actually.

Eagerly await the next one.

« Reply #461 on: Jun 05, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Got the go ahead for Mumble, we'll see if that works better than Skype.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #462 on: Jun 05, 2011, 05:52 PM »
haven't heard it yet, but a simple sound edit with the right software could fix it I should think. I'll see once I get a good hear.

« Reply #463 on: Jun 05, 2011, 06:40 PM »
I use audio hijack to record from skype, and garageband to edit if anyone has any advice on that. I can adjust the volume of the entire track, but I don't know how I could make just my parts quieter :x Any advice is welcomed.

« Reply #464 on: Jun 05, 2011, 08:43 PM »
I just started playing with GarageBand.. I use audacity, protools and FCP usually when sound editing. If I learn how to do it on GB I'll give it a shout

« Reply #465 on: Jun 05, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Hey ladies. Ok well for some reason I can't listen to the number 7 it only goes up to six. And then the direct link plays zsa's podcast. Can't ya help a brotha out. Thanks again for making this possible. Even though it never works for me for some odd reason.

« Reply #466 on: Jun 05, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Listening to it so far, and haha yeah...I haven't really shown Luna in her downtime I know that. My next battle retcons the Heavyweight tournament so I'll hopefully be able to show that Luna in fact DOESN'T know how to simply go to the grocery store (or understand people at all). There won't be grocery store shenanigans, but rather that she can't function in society too well yet haha.

Also dude, Hellsing is fucking awesome. I love that manga, its one of the few I really like. Its totally badass.

Still listening but so far its great dude!

Edit: OH MAN THAT POKEMON CARD GAME LEAGUE. I HAD ONE BADGE DUDE, ONE BADGE. Was on my way to badge 2 before I stopped going haha.

Edit2: nice cast dude, you are one of my favourite people on the site. One day I'll be awesome enough to head to head with you in a fight, and hopefully do your character some justice.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2011, 11:03 PM by Orange »

« Reply #467 on: Jun 05, 2011, 09:57 PM »

« Reply #468 on: Jun 05, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Wellp, I'm not sure why some folks are having problems with the sound, there is a definite difference between Red and everyone else, but it didn't seem that drastic to me. I can only guess it can also be a deal with individual speakers.

Still, I think normalizing through protools would do the trick. Unfortunately, my protools decided that it doesn't want to work anymore. :(

« Reply #469 on: Jun 06, 2011, 03:15 AM »
"hes always there, waiting for you"  yes I am........ :D
I love you guys.....

« Reply #470 on: Jun 07, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I really always like hearing about how each artist likes to go about writing the story.

Maybe it's because you guys had more to say/talk about this time around (or so it felt that way, which is good) but I felt this episode was extra informative/interesting. Also the questions relating to voting were good to hear about too; it was actually a pretty good question to ask. UH, not that the past questions weren't.

Nice job guys c:

« Reply #471 on: Jun 08, 2011, 05:51 AM »
I also thought Batman TDK made a good point about how it's easy to write for characters that have dimension... it brought to mind some recent issues i've been having and how it might be related to that, haha.

« Reply #472 on: Jun 08, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it :D

« Reply #473 on: Jun 14, 2011, 11:52 PM »
Most excellent and insightful 'cast, ladies and gentleman!

« Reply #474 on: Jun 15, 2011, 05:15 AM »
You guys gave me something to listen during my job... I listened to 1-5 in a row yesterday and am listening to 7 right now (6 was awesome too btw)...

Awesome stuff, keep it up <3

ps. ladies sound so cute, both angie and red have awesome voices o3o

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

408 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 580.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us