VCAST 3.0 - Available to download again!

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast-EPISODE 3 UP
« Reply #200 on: Mar 04, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Carlito, thanks for your question... you asked a toughie, but I'm not considering this an invalid question. This isn't the place for this discussion though, so Kuro and Carlito, if you'd like to continue this can you please do it privately?

No problem.
I wasn't trying to start nothing when I asked it anyway. I was just asking a question.
Thanks for being cool Red.

Oh and for the record, Angie hasn't recently accused me of anything that I know of.
I was referring to the past.

She and I are cool now I think. I just wish all that stuff would go away... but such is life.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2011, 03:01 PM by carlito »

« Reply #201 on: Mar 04, 2011, 07:16 PM »
When did I claim I was 12?! And I don't have one single banned account,not one! Get your facts straight dude. You and Angie are hilarious with your cheating accusations that are totally and completely untrue and that you guys have spread and that YOU continue to spread! But your continuous false accusations make my valid questions about how stuff is run here invalid I guess? That makes no sense to me.  

Didn't you tell me not too long ago you were going to get over the whole me saying you were cheating thing from years ago and we were burying the hatchet? This isn't how you bury the hatchet, dude. Leave me out of this because I have said absolutely nothing about cheating in this thread.  If we're going to have another drama fest please make a new thread for it so we can keep this one from further getting cluttered with drama no one cares about.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2011, 07:26 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #202 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:12 PM »
OMG, can we have a drama thread?! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

Sorry, I just love reading this stuff. Hate to see it get deleted.

« Reply #203 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:49 PM »
If only people could convert the drama into amazing comics.

« Reply #204 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:52 PM »
all myc omix are drama
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #205 on: Mar 04, 2011, 08:53 PM »
So THAT is your secret to being totally awesome. FUCK ALL YOU GUYS, I HATE YOU ALL, FIGHT WITH ME SO I CAN BE AMAZING

BUT REALLY I LOVE YOU ALL

« Reply #206 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:32 PM »
FUCK YOU Orange!!  You're a punk!

« Reply #207 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:35 PM »
TURN THAT RAGE INTO POWER! Remember you need anger to be able to go SSJ
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #208 on: Mar 05, 2011, 01:00 PM »
SNIPING QUESTION:

Why the alias... Toast?

« Reply #209 on: Mar 05, 2011, 03:51 PM »
What's the deal with Pulpo? What happened? Any plans with that or is it dead-dead?
We did touch briefly on Pulpo, but I didn't really answer your question during the recording...

The main holdup behind Pulpo 4 was the need to color Alberto's story.  There were a few people lined up, and none of them came through, so the book became later and later.  I HEAR it's been colored, and Gabe still intends to print volume four, though I don't have any details on when that might happen.

I have some ideas for more themed books, though my heart really isn't in anthologies anymore.  The Gothology boys really stepped in while our pants were down and ran with it, and for that I commend them.

Also, in recent years, there have been more people getting in on the anthology game.  Image started one, Dark Horse has one, Marvel's got anthology-like singles, (not sure if DC does or not), Flight was there before us... and that's just the big guys.  There's tons of smaller ones too.  So competition is high, and generally speaking, those organizing the anthology need the artists more than that artists need the organizers.  With the ease of print-on-demand, or even Comixology, anyone that can finish a comic can put it out there for the world to see.

While I feel we did some good work with Pulpo, we were never really that skilled at actually selling the things.  They made us some money during a particularly bad financial period for me, and certainly helped keep the site running, but I'm in a far better place money-wise now and don't have any issues with continuing to pay for the site out of pocket.

I think that covers my thoughts, though again, Pulpo has always been Gabe's baby, so the real final-final answer on its ultimate fate will need to come from papa-Gabo.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #211 on: Mar 07, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Hopefully it wasn't too awkward! Red and I are night owls and weren't fully awake yet...at 4 pm...

We'll also do a sound check on the next one since I'm a bit quiet on this one, I think my mic volume wasn't up loud enough.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2011, 06:31 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #212 on: Mar 07, 2011, 06:36 PM »
Hopefully it wasn't too awkward! Red and I are night owls and weren't fully awake yet...at 4 pm...

We'll also do a sound check on the next one since I'm a bit quiet on this one, I think my mic volume wasn't up loud enough.

Which is really weird because you sounded fine in my headset. Oh well, we're new at this haha.

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast-EPISODE 4 UP
« Reply #213 on: Mar 07, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Weeeeeird. Yeah I'll mess with my mic for the next one and we'll test some things out since my mic can go louder.

Actually I think I know what happened, I forgot to turn of skyppm.exe in the task manager which I've heard bumps up the quality prior to the intro. I had actually done it before the Toast interview so the volume was much better there.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2011, 06:52 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #214 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:34 PM »
I just love that part with Angie yelling in the background after her cat vomited on her bed. Classic! :D

« Reply #215 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:38 PM »
THAT BLANKET IS SO HARD TO WASH YOU HAVE NO IDEA! :( Like whenever I go to dry it I have to throw it in the dryer like 8 times which is like my life's savings to do at the laundromat.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #216 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:55 PM »
And you have to love how mention of me precedes Cat Vomit.  I think that always happens when I'm mentioned out loud. 
"William Duel...OH GOD CAT VOMIT!"

« Reply #217 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:08 PM »
While I'm listening to this, I'm fairly disappointed in the opinion about scar matches.  I Toast doesn't feel that it's living up to his vision of what it should be then the rules need to be more stringent or the name should be changed altogether.  But to simply do away with scar matches is kind of sad.  While I haven't done one yet I do plan on doing some in the future.

« Reply #218 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to put textures on one page. I saw it, but there was one minute before deadline, and I couldn't get it changed in time....

« Reply #219 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Yeah, I forgot to put textures on one page. I saw it, but there was one minute before deadline, and I couldn't get it changed in time....

I figured that's what happened, I didn't mean to call you out on it like that, I literally noticed it right as we are were talking about it :x

« Reply #220 on: Mar 07, 2011, 08:58 PM »
GOSH, YOU WANT FULL COLOR, RED? OKAY I'M GONNA HAVE FULL COLOR ON THE NEXT ONE, EVEN IF I HAVE TO SKIP CLASSES.

Aaaaactually, I could have probably colored the whole thing, but I would have been sleeping through my graphic design classes. Also in my personal opinion it wasn't looking so nice either; I've never been good with night time colors. http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/DimensionWolf/Page1wbase-1.jpg but yeah, glad you still liked the quality guys~

And thank you Toast for answering all the questions. :)
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2011, 09:00 PM by dimension »

« Reply #221 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:19 AM »
The vomit part was squicky but exciting! And Red did say there'd be random explosions added...

Nice interview Toast!

« Reply #222 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Red did say there'd be random explosions added...
Nice.

Good job Ladies & Toast. Listened to it pretty late last night.
And thanks for the in depth reply here too. It makes sense. I just always thought it was weird how all mention of it seemed to fade (i originally put 'evaporate' & realized the deplorable, unintentional pun with the water themed book), & got a little curious. While those books had pretty solid work in them, I think the webcomic format kind of fits the scheme of the site a bit better too.

Could those ideas for themed books possibly be turned into more Serious Business style Tourneys down the line? I'd be all for that kind of thing.

« Reply #223 on: Mar 08, 2011, 02:01 PM »
thanks for the shoutout, i feel loved
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #224 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:52 PM »
I've been listening... apparently I sign a lot.

On the up side, this is the first podcast in which my voice can be heard clearly, so that's a plus.

My thanks again to Angie and Red for inviting me on.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

268 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us