VCAST 3.0 - Available to download again!

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast-EPISODE 3 UP
« Reply #175 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Hey bro if aquaman and the human torch got into fight, who would find out how many licks does it take to get to center of a tootsie pop?

« Reply #176 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:54 PM »
what is your future plan for void/what is your BIG DREAM for void/what do you expect from void

not 3 different quesriosn, it's kinda the same vein but I dunno how to word it well :(
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #177 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:55 PM »
I'm almost positive you said you were a writer. If so, what kind of things do you write? Short stories?

« Reply #178 on: Mar 02, 2011, 11:41 PM »
How's it going?

« Reply #179 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:27 AM »
Will we be seeing any more Toast comics?

« Reply #180 on: Mar 03, 2011, 12:52 PM »
I have a question for Toast: I was recently in a Scar-Match and my opponent gave no scar.
Why, when that is against the rules, did the win not go to me automatically?

I asked this in PM's but you didn't answer me, and I'd really like to know.
Plus if the rules for that have changed, and you don't have to scar your opponent in a scar-match (which seems really, really dumb), then why hasn't it been changed in the FAQ on the main site?

"Scar Match:
In a Scar Comic you must leave a mark or a wound on your opponent's character.If you lose a Scar Comic, you will not be able to participate in any further comics until you update your design images to depict the new scar wound. Please keep this in mind: Do unto others as you would have done to you. Please try not to be outlandish or over the top. The purpose of this comic type is to leave your mark, not to embarrass or change your opponent's character completely. Scars should be discussed among artists before the match is agreed to, so that there are no feelings hurt and no arguments after the fact on what is acceptable or not. If you agree to this match, and participate in it, you are bound to illustrate whatever the outcome produces, win OR lose. If you feel you are not willing to change your character in any way, DO NOT enter a Scar match. The standard voting period applies."

What are the point of "rules" if they aren't followed and the complaints are only listened to if it's the right person complaining?

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 02:49 PM by carlito »

« Reply #181 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:07 PM »
You really want that win don't you carlito? does it matter anyway?

on one side, people like the other comic better, thus the vote speaks- but yeah, that rule gotta be more specific but if you wanna speak loopholes, it never state anything about being "comparable to a default" thus the win 'automatically have to go the other opponent'. None.

Void rules are not perfect, so there bound to be some error. so chalk this as the first problem of its kind  that you bring the loophole up to the table, so the rules can be changed to be more specific. Then move on.  But I really hope you're not THAT petty that you're still jonesin' for that win after all these months... cause damn.

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 02:09 PM by jho »

« Reply #182 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Toast, your influences for writing, who/what are they?
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 03:44 PM by dimension »

« Reply #183 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:16 PM »
serious question.

as an artist have you faced serious doubt about your own ability compared yto others? If yeah, how do you overcome that?

« Reply #184 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:32 PM »
If this the case I'll ask a question that should probably precede Ernesto's: Toast do you draw/did you start drawing and then decide to focus on writing?

Oh and I'll break the one question rule because I'm a rebel:
Do you encourage more writer/artist teams on the site?

« Reply #185 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:37 PM »
I SMELL DRAMA BREWING LOL.

Anyway.

Toast, do you have plans to expand the whole VOID webcomic aspect of the site and if it gains enough ground end up putting out print copies of some of the webcomics in co-operation with the artists?

I probably phrased my question horribly but you get the idea :P

« Reply #186 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:40 PM »
It would be nice if there were more webcomics but it seems like all three of them have been stalled for now with no further additions.  Unless I wonder...if there might be something lurking around the bend for Void 5.0...

« Reply #187 on: Mar 03, 2011, 02:41 PM »
I'd like to try putting one together, it's just a matter of time. Perhaps if I get knocked out of the heavyweight tourney I'll have time to start on it, but then the SDT is right around the corner probably haha. Which is why I wanted to ask my question : D

« Reply #188 on: Mar 03, 2011, 03:16 PM »
You really want that win don't you carlito? does it matter anyway?

on one side, people like the other comic better, thus the vote speaks- but yeah, that rule gotta be more specific but if you wanna speak loopholes, it never state anything about being "comparable to a default" thus the win 'automatically have to go the other opponent'. None.

Void rules are not perfect, so there bound to be some error. so chalk this as the first problem of its kind  that you bring the loophole up to the table, so the rules can be changed to be more specific. Then move on.  But I really hope you're not THAT petty that you're still jonesin' for that win after all these months... cause damn.

edit: spelling

I asked again because I never got an answer, but the rule is still there and it bugs me...

I let the 2 months go by without pressing it because Toast sent me a PM that said he would ban me from battling if I continued to question stuff... I love it here, I didn't want to not be able to battle so I shut up...

but I don't like the politics and double standards and really want to know the answer to having rules but not following them... be it a scar-match or not finishing a battle with 3 page limit but still winning or having 2 dead characters get resubmitted and approved but we can't have a SRT or whatever it is...

and if I get banned for asking I don't really care anymore I guess.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to start drama I was just asking a question... asking a valid question or a tough question of the person in charge shouldn't be a drama starting issue. 
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011, 03:21 PM by carlito »

« Reply #189 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Anything that doesn't get covered in the podcast, I'll respond to here.  However, I'll take this one now...
Hey bro if aquaman and the human torch got into fight, who would find out how many licks does it take to get to center of a tootsie pop?
1) They wouldn't get into a fight in the first place, as they're both presently dead.  2) Aquaman wouldn't start anything with someone that can reach temperatures rivaling the Sun.  3) Aquaman's a little bitch.

As for reaching the center of a Tootsie Pop, that depends entirely on the effectiveness, dexterity, and skill of one's tongue... ladies, take note
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #190 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Carlito, if you're really that interested in getting some scars, why did you duck those challenges I sent to you a while back? haha

And a podcast question for Toast, might be a silly question, but fuck it, I'll ask it.
What's the deal with Pulpo? What happened? Any plans with that or is it dead-dead?

« Reply #191 on: Mar 03, 2011, 04:34 PM »
so dreamy

« Reply #192 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Oh and I'll break the one question rule because I'm a rebel:
That means all of your questions are invalid now.

« Reply #193 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I'll ask Will's second question for him if it means he gets to ask his first one:

I'm actually in talks with a friend who wants to enter void as a writer/artist duo. Do you support these kind of relationships on void and do you hope to see more writers working with more artists in the future?

« Reply #194 on: Mar 04, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Carlito, if you're really that interested in getting some scars, why did you duck those challenges I sent to you a while back? haha

Haha. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure those were 10 page 1 week deathmatch challenges you kept sending me. lol.

I'd scar-match you though. Let's do it! I know you have a problem not finishing anything you do... but it shouldn't matter against me. You probably don't have to make the page limit that we set on it OR actually even draw a scar and you'll still win. I look forward to it.

« Reply #195 on: Mar 04, 2011, 11:41 AM »

I don't know who this guy is, it just popped up when I typed in dramas on google.

Now about those questions...
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #196 on: Mar 04, 2011, 12:17 PM »
angie, why must you always try to meme the hate away? (if that guy even qualifies)

Haha. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure those were 10 page 1 week deathmatch challenges you kept sending me. lol.
come come now. there was at least one scar challenge in all that. figured after all the rejections the deathmatch mighta been too hardcore for you.

I'd scar-match you though. Let's do it! I know you have a problem not finishing anything you do... but it shouldn't matter against me.
that's true. i could probably take you with only an excuse page even. Ultimately, i just find it funny that the guy with like 70 banned accounts coming out of his same ip address is morally outraged over some sort of "rule irregularity." On a site mostly set up for learning & fun. You were a lot more fun when you were claiming you were 12 & tracing Vagabond pages. Leave the antagony to professionals.

« Reply #197 on: Mar 04, 2011, 12:51 PM »
When did I claim I was 12?! And I don't have one single banned account,not one! Get your facts straight dude. You and Angie are hilarious with your cheating accusations that are totally and completely untrue and that you guys have spread and that YOU continue to spread! But your continuous false accusations make my valid questions about how stuff is run here invalid I guess? That makes no sense to me. 

« Reply #198 on: Mar 04, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Carlito, thanks for your question... you asked a toughie, but I'm not considering this an invalid question. This isn't the place for this discussion though, so Kuro and Carlito, if you'd like to continue this can you please do it privately?

« Reply #199 on: Mar 04, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I'm invalid?  YOU'RE ALL INVALID.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

360 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 359.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us