VCAST 3.0 - Available to download again!

Re: VCAST 3.0-a new Void podcast
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Cool, it looks like it's definitely true that USB headsets are the way to go. I've never had much success with the ones with the other connections.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Thanks, guys -- I have a solid USB headset, but I'll give that program a try.

« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:18 PM »
I loved hearing the part about how lessons in VOID apply to real world work. I couldn't have said it better myself. Great job girls.

« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Sheldon :D and happy to hear that you agreed since you have quite a bit more experience in the field than I do. It's never a bad idea to start taking deadlines seriously since the earlier you get started the better!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I like the return of this.

But I have to be Mr. negative and say that just two people with very similar opinions on things does not make a totally compelling podcast. I'd like to add a person or two that may oppose one another on views and give a more well rounded perspective on things.

Good job otherwise

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:34 PM »
It's unlikely we'll add another host since we want to keep it very small.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
therefore the answer is to get angie and red to hate each other.

« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Well, that's a shame. Right now it's two people who, while talking about the different goings ons of the site and such, both seem to just agree with one another. I just expect more of a round table type discussion, and that's more of a 3-4 person thing.

I think, as long as the people involved are civil and not douches, that's a way more interesting way to do things. Just trying to help out

« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I second Colin's suggestion for a third person, at least maybe after a few episodes down the road ( and with someone that has a flexible schedule ). I can see why you guys are a bit iffy on that though, since the more people you have on a show the more complicated things get with time management. On the other hand, having someone as a stand-in usually helps too in case one of you guys get sick, house set on fire, whichever.

But yeah, keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing what you ladies will come up with!

« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Really enjoyed the first podcast, and thank you very much for mentioning my comic. It's true that I've really improved a lot thanks to Void, mostly because I became more determined to not rush everything.

I love the idea of getting Void veterans to talk about their experiences and pass on their wisdom to us noobs, especially those who made it into the industry. I'm crossing my fingers for James Stokoe, personally... Can't wait for the next one!

« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:07 PM »
After hearing that there might be slander about me I rushed to the podcast.  Thanks for the shoutout~!   I feel kinda embarassed though haha.  Though you're definitely right: I admit to nothing!

« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:08 PM »
I don't always agree with Angie, I asked her because she's VERY involved with the site. I want to make it interesting, and we have some awesome people lined up to interview, but what can we really debate about? I encourage different opinions, but I never really planned to have it be a discussion type cast because I don't know of any hard issues that needed discussion. If there was a something the community was all talking about then of course we would address it and not just have a one-sided discussion haha. But I intended it to be encouragement for people, and to provide  inspiration from some awesome dudes we are going to interview, at least that's what I got from the old ones and why I wanted this to return. I'm not brushing your suggestion off, it's a good one, but it may not always be applicable to what we are discussing. And just to clarify, Angie and I are the core of this operation but it's not just going to be us talking on and on in future episodes. This was just us testing our set-up and trying not to be so shy hahaha.

Really enjoyed the first podcast, and thank you very much for mentioning my comic. It's true that I've really improved a lot thanks to Void, mostly because I became more determined to not rush everything.

I love the idea of getting Void veterans to talk about their experiences and pass on their wisdom to us noobs, especially those who made it into the industry. I'm crossing my fingers for James Stokoe, personally... Can't wait for the next one!

I was hoping you would listen :) I'm excited about our next one, I hope everyone will like our guest, and I'll try to get James for you sometime in the future!!!

« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:09 PM »
I'll try and harass James through twitter/facebook but that man is very elusive sometimes!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:11 PM »
After hearing that there might be slander about me I rushed to the podcast.  Thanks for the shoutout~!   I feel kinda embarassed though haha.  Though you're definitely right: I admit to nothing!

Hahaha, I really meant that though and I'm sorry to embarrass you a bit, but I'm genuinely impressed!!

« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Now I have something to listen to while I draw haha.
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #40 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:47 PM »
You may all bask in my
Male Aura

Thanks for the kind words~  ;)

« Reply #41 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:48 PM »
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #42 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:56 PM »
You may all bask in my
Male Aura

Thanks for the kind words~  ;)

LMFAO!!!

« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2011, 11:27 PM »
MYSTERY SOLVED.

« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2011, 12:30 AM »
I enjoyed listening to all of this ;-; I <3 you two. I used to draw while listening to these as well.  ;D

Honestly, I do think a 3rd person would be cool to have too, but two is alright.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011, 06:44 PM by dimension »

« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Actually, why not invite a guest (or two) every episode? Everyone will recognize Redrevolver and Angieness, so the other voice is recognized by process of elimination.

« Reply #46 on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:35 PM »
That's a fantabulous idea.

I nominate Reavz next episode  :o

« Reply #47 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:18 PM »
There's no shortage of people who want to appear on this, so I imagine we'll have a guest every time  ;)

I'd make this face talking to Reavz

« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Haha, oh goodness, guys, I would be honoured but I haven't made that many comics and I'm not exactly the most involved in the community, so I'm not sure if I would make such a great first guest!

« Reply #49 on: Jan 23, 2011, 03:21 PM »
If you don't want to do it you should say so, but I don't think anyone else would have any objections. I know that, to me at least, an active new artist would be more interesting than an old inactive artist. Go for it.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

243 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us