LovE Me DeaD

LovE Me DeaD
« on: Nov 13, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Well I don't normally post this kinda stuff to Void, but hey, first time for everything and I could use some real feedback <3
Sooo I'm busting out a new style for a webcomic I'm makin' and I wanted some feed back on some of the main characters and base plot~

The title is LovE Me DeaD (got it from a song by Ludo lol)

This is Creed Lovan, he was recently murdered, but thanks to some stupid kids messing around with a book of evil rituals and weakening the Veil near his grave he was able to come back as a Revenant (sort of an upgrade from just a "zombie"). Now he's back and out for revenge...but there's a few problems. One; it seems forcing one's soul out of Hell is a bit traumatizing and causes rather severe memory loss. Two; whatever the two kids did to open a hole in the Veil seems to have killed one kid and bound Creed to the other one when he broke through.

As Creed would say "Shit."

I still have to finish coloring the other main character (I have to get up eaaarly so I'll post him and his little description tomorrow).  
Questions, comments, concerns?

Re: LovE Me DeaD
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2010, 06:51 AM »
I think the new style is looking nice! I like the overall design as well. You should probably watch the noses on quarter views though, in that full body shot the nose looks like the nose is a frontal shot nose instead of a quarter view. Moving the bottom of the nose over a bit should help with that. The hands are also looking on the large side.
Kittens wearins mittens

LovE Me DeaD
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Thanks Angie .w.~ I'm keeping an eye on my hand proportions and nose positions~

http://lovemedead.smackjeeves.com/ Here's where I'm posting LMD XDDD

So this is my first real complicated drawing with this style and I think it came out awesome :D Can't wait til I finish my first real page (haven't decided if it's gonna be B/W or colored : P yet)
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010, 04:46 PM by graten »

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 05:15 PM »
you should be drawing in this style here in void! There's so much personality added in these characters because of it~

The hands are a bit large, but so are the heads  and feet, so it can still work if you just polish it

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2010, 05:20 PM »
I've been working on redoing Lived's design sheet actually lol, I like this style a lot more than my manga/anime one, it's a lot more fun to draw : P So I'm a makin' the switch~

Though it may be a wee while before I have another Void battle XP

Page Ooooone
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Soooo first page is finished X3 And I have to say I like how it came out! I'm already workin on the next page, but any and all crits are welcome~

« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Your colors are vibrant, I especially like the line work you did of him yelling in the reference.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2010, 09:41 PM »

Lead McCullen

Back back back
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Well a month and a half and one dislocated knee later and I'm back from boot- they kicked me out cuz of my bad knee .w.; Well, it was an experience, but now it's onwards with life (job, college, blah blah blah). And of course jumping back into the fray here on VOID XD

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Glad to see you're back. I can't wait to see your new art!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:00 AM »
Welcome back my man. I mean girl. Woman.

MARIIIIIINE!!!!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Good to be back ; D (though it's just 'woman' as I failed boot lol)

A mock cover for a comic I will, one day, in the far far future, eventually make : D

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:15 PM »
I love that song.
Also, Zombies for the win, all the way.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:18 PM »
gotta work on those poses, too stiff, try more dynamic stuff
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:32 PM »
A messy sketch : P Doodled Creed in CHEW style XD I f**king LOVE that comic <3

« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:00 PM »
I'm reworking LMD (brainstorming a better name too)

So here are Gillis, Special Agent Doyle, and Creed.

Gill is a Pooka, a mischievous/sometimes terrifying fey that can turn in to a black goat (as well as other things, but Gil turns in to a goat).

Creed is a Revenant, think of it as a super zombie as in all the gose without the stupid~

Doyle is an agent from- the D.S.R. the Department of Supernatural Regulations- a secret government agency dedicated to keeping the super away from the natural.

« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2011, 11:07 PM »

Goooooooat

oh and I got a tumblr : P
http://phoebethisandthat.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2011, 12:13 AM by graten »

NOT DEAD
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Dear me, life has been crazy the past 7ish months....went through a bunch of sh*t (fought with mother, got kicked out, fell in love, got heartbroken, started school for comp science, and got a dog....among other things). So I now OWN a bitchin laptop and have constant access to the internet/photoshop! First order of business? Get Felix back in the game! I miss doing art so much VOID id such an excellent excuse to draw : )

Doin up a small BB to reintroduce him, should have it finished in a week or so <3

« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Aww yeah, welcome back Graten! Sorry to hear all that stuff going down, but hey, water under the bridge.

Also like the new design sheet!

« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2012, 02:06 PM »
Bring it on in the VOID!
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

301 Guests, 3 Users

[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us