What Brought You to Void and What Keeps You Here?

Re: What Brought You to Void and What Keeps You Here?
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2010, 01:41 PM »
I joined the site after my awesome-at-art/basically-knows-everything-about-comics-on-the-internet friend showed it to me (she was supposed to join as well). I really liked the concept because I'm not in school right now and sometimes it feels like I NEED a deadline in order to get anything accomplished.

Can't say I'm gonna stay forever because I've only been here a short time and I don't know what's going to happen a week from now or a month from now. At the moment though, I really need to practice practice practice. I'm sort of in a transitional period where I need to get better, fast, because I have to make a portfolio which will decide whether or not I get into THE art school around here.

« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2010, 07:11 PM »
did this hostility occur while i was gone? i've never even heard of another comic battle site until now

Yeah it happened while you were gone. It was never a big thing, the sites being mad at each other I mean. There was like a handful of people that hated each other from both sites, that's about it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #52 on: Dec 24, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Why am I here? To kick ass and chew gum  8)

Why did I stay? I've been here like, a week so I might stay if I like the gum.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #53 on: Mar 02, 2013, 04:38 PM »
The promise of free burritos keep me here.

« Reply #54 on: Mar 02, 2013, 06:25 PM »
I thought you would have picked up on my lie by now, Will

« Reply #55 on: Mar 02, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Ooh an old thread!
I came to void in 2012 because I follow Delya (noseshark now) on deviantart. She was advertising for the invitationals and i was curious about it so i threw in a terribly drawn DnD catfolk character that you all know as Nyasuu. When I started I had no idea how anything worked around here, and I was still learning how to use programs for art. I was using photoshop elements and I was not very good at layers.
I stayed because I was quite fond of how much criticism is given after each fight, and everytime I battled, I was shown each mistake and how to improve. It was also very encouraging to have the grading scales, and that made me want to improve my scores as if it was a game.
Each artist here is a huge inspiration to me. From your styles, to your inks, to lettering, borders, and livestreams, its hard not to learn from you all, which makes EnterVOID, the closest thing to a college that isn't a college. Which is great, because if I had to worry about credits and paying to use it, I wouldn't be here lol.

« Reply #56 on: Mar 02, 2013, 08:42 PM »
If you want to simulate a real college experience just forward all the fees to me and when it's time to graduate I will deny you credits and make you repeat a semester.

« Reply #57 on: Mar 04, 2013, 11:52 PM »
just re-read this whole thread.

i fucking love all you crazy folks.

« Reply #58 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Came for the comics

stayed because FooRay stole my bus money and now I can't go home

I literally live on the site

« Reply #59 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:42 PM »
First learned of it from seeing PyrasTerran's comics on DeviantArt, and one day he encouraged me to go and try it out.

So here I am.

What keeps me here is mostly out of a sense to keep improving, even if it means going out of my comfort zone now and then.

« Reply #60 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:35 PM »
like Julz I followed Del here XD I saw a comic she drew on her DA with a link so I clicked it and no one has kicked me out since. I stay because I feel like I am vastly improving as an artist since being here. Though I have discovered it is also an enormous time-sucker when I need to be working on my thesis ^^;

« Reply #61 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Tofu knocked me unconscious, and when I woke up I was handcuffed to my desk and the only way she's let me out was for me to join Void.
just browsing here and there

« Reply #62 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:27 PM »
I came here because I followed The One Dark Knight on deviantart, and I saw him post about 5 pandora comics and only realized they were for void when he posted the final round of the heavyweight tourney.

And now I'm trapped here.
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #63 on: Mar 06, 2013, 06:40 AM »
man, I joined the site ages and ages ago because my ex told me about it.  We were both going to make characters, but he never made it and lost interest.  I struggled to keep interest here and there until I finally got the motivation to submit alongside FunFetus, using the deadline he had set for himself.

I stay because I want to improve, and I have a big soft spot for all the characters on the site.  Even if I'm not making comics on here, I wanna see what everyone else is up to!

« Reply #64 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:36 PM »
I was brought to VOID by a friend in need that thought I could help.  I stay because my job isn't done and I have stories to tell.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #65 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:43 AM »
first time i joinend void was basicly because i believe that rock paper siccors forum was closing,or anyway bleeding empty and i followed the hurdle.stayed for years,but then got out of art for private reasons and shit,and i kept complaining about my art and wishes without doing shit for it.eventually i got some people on my back ,and they were right with there comments on me ,and towards my art.
Anyway thats old shit.

i missed the old guys,and was wandering how they were doing and were still ''live'' here.
Now i am back cause i really wanna do this shit right this time around,no complaining and just competing instead of watching from the side line shit.

« Reply #66 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:51 PM »
I followed the hyperlinks from polycarbon/rockpaperscissors/hugo/gingerbox where certain people commonly showed up, namely Galvo, Fithy1, and Rey. Stayed for a good run because of the influence from awesomer folks like Marley, James, Sheldon, Jho, Toast, Reggie, Diabolicol, Fel, Stplmstr, whom I eventually got to meet at sdcc and wizworld and made all this forum trolling worth it. Left to take my naive aesthetic into the Halls of the Sacred and Profane. Great colleagues like Wade and Knome have drawn me back like returning to my hometown; VOID is essentially the same but with a shiny, new veneer to rummage through.

Wattup Stefan! The secondary reason for me to would be observing seasoned artists like you and Rtv running around doin' the damn thaaang.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013, 09:54 AM by vision »
Respark clan ain't nuthin to f-ck wit.

« Reply #67 on: Mar 20, 2013, 10:01 PM »
I was brought to VOID by a friend in need that thought I could help.  I stay because my job isn't done and I have stories to tell.

This is so inspiring T3T

« Reply #68 on: Apr 01, 2013, 12:10 AM »
I always thought Void seemed like the most fun idea.  About seven years ago I tried to join with a...let's say "special" version of the character who would eventually evolve into KJV.  I think I have that still actually, let's see...
Here we go - not for the faint of stomach:

Yes, I used to draw her exclusively as a bird person (I still do sometimes, but more for nostalgia and because it's an excuse to kinda draw a bird).
Anyway, I knew the person who used to be here under the name Dingo, and she got me into it, but I just wasn't good enough.
Around six years later I curiously checked back in to see if Void was still around, and read through Angie's comics because I remembered when she was first accepted, and I knew I needed to try out again.  It seemed like the perfect place to practice and hone my skills, and maybe meet some folks.
So far, what keeps me here is that I've only been here a little while ha.  But I do really hope to do lots of comics with lots of people here, it's a lot of fun.  A lot of people here seem really cool and I'd like to be part of the community.
Lots lots lots lots.  Go to bed glassesserpent
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2013, 09:20 AM by GlassesSerpent »

« Reply #69 on: Apr 12, 2013, 01:02 PM »
If I remember right, OCTs were just getting popular on Deviantart, and I really wanted to try my hand at something similar. In looking for one I think I stumbled upon EnterVoid and fell in love. xD I learned a lot about comics and myself~

:( I keep disappearing for months at a time, but I always end up coming back because I really like it here, even if I'm not super active.

« Reply #70 on: Apr 12, 2013, 01:08 PM »
I saw you were online and honestly got super excited that you were lurking about!!

<3

« Reply #71 on: Apr 12, 2013, 04:48 PM »
After 3 years of being part of Void, I figured I'd better post here again. The best part of Void is hands down the people. Not everyone here makes comics all the time (I'm guilty of that), but everyone is super awesome and loves helping out people who need it, even if that help is harsh critiques of bad comics in the hope to see them improve.

I love you all, and it's you that make me want to stay.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #72 on: Apr 12, 2013, 07:03 PM »
I saw you were online and honestly got super excited that you were lurking about!!

<3

:D Aww, It's good to see you again too!! <3   XD Man I missed this place

« Reply #73 on: Apr 12, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Why am I on Void and hang about?

Blackmail.

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Back in '03 a chum of mines from Denmark told me about VOID and pestered me every few days or so to join. Later that summer I reluctantly joined, submitted a character, and the rest is history.

As for what keeps me here? That small part of my soul that wants me to draw comics. That and the bonds I've made with a few people on here.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:00 PM by Chao-One »
Power and wealth to no avail, let only our drinking prevail, a sober man and the sages are both lost through the ages, but all our brave drinkers, never shall die..

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

260 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 295.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us