Colorist Needed for New Ongoing

Colorist Needed for New Ongoing
« on: Oct 08, 2010, 05:30 AM »
Ponbiki and I are working on a new ongoing comic together, but are in need of a colorist.

I've included a sample page below (if anyone needs a higher-res version: click here ~6MB)

For those interested, please color and repost, or email to mechatoast@gmail.com

As for details on the scene itself... it's a desert, around Noon.  You can color the main guy however you'd like.

Please note: We can't pay, but maybe down the line once it's collected and up for sale

DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Colorist Needed for New Ongoing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:06 AM »
What is that in the third panel??

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:11 AM »
The sword hilt!

Also, page's looking sweet. How many pages is this?
By air

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2010, 09:05 AM »
The sword hilt!

Also, page's looking sweet. How many pages is this?

Chapter 1 is 19 pages, but the full story will be in the hundreds
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2010, 10:46 AM »
What a cute little character. He looks like Raggedy Andy.

Is this a webcomic or is this something else?

« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Webcomic initially, but we'll be bundling chapters together into books to show at cons next year and have them for sale.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2010, 05:19 AM »
I think we've got someone, but just to be safe I'll double-check... no takers on this?
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010, 07:51 AM by Kevin Birtcher »

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Hurrr,

I'm actrually working on it right now give me till saturday.

thanks!

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:57 AM »
alas I cannot do it, I'm swamped
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Hurrr,

I'm actrually working on it right now give me till saturday.

thanks!

Can do

alas I cannot do it, I'm swamped

that's why I didn't ask, yer all getting and stuff.

I was originally thinking about asking Andre because I thought his watercolors would look nice.  But really, I don't have a particular style in mind and I know he's busy with paying gigs too

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Wow it looks bad missing my own deadlines.

definitely by tonight.

==============EDIT

So I'm about 60 % done right now, it's ok if I just post it here as well as email it right?
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010, 03:28 PM by urah03 »

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Finally!

Here you go!

And here it is before I fucked it with desaturation: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z110/urah03/03_colored_by_03.png

« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Wow - that's better than what I had

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2010, 08:53 AM »
D'aww now I'm blushing

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2010, 11:53 AM »
 I like the none saturated one cause it looks very sunny. Which we are going for

also I like the wine color cloths he's wearing. The very blue highlight is kinda throwing it off for me

if he used a natural blue it be nicer. I like the blue around his eye I was gonna suggest that. But a natural blue. Looking good

let's see wat else is brought forth. Keep em coming folks.

this were all tweet last nite thats when i saw it.

i like what i see. the wine colors on the sword guy, the stone heads the colors very bright..the one in the link i like better its seem more hot sunnier. the one you posted is great too. but does not seem as bright, especially the sand. the neon blue is cool but seems out of place i think on the rings on hes head shoould be the color of  his pants or his shirt. i like the blue on the eye kinda tribal marking. besides that i like it. good job.
thanks for trying it out.
ill see if i can get more pages up for sampling.. but thats up to kevin imma ink more pages, maybe one of the new pages can be posted.

thanks again people. let see some more colors.

« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2010, 06:03 PM »
For the most part, I'm in agreement with Alberto.  I like the sky, his hair, the stone heads, the sand and the rocks (though I'd like if these two were closer in color, or more blended) and the colors on the main guy are awesome... just not that blue.

The blue on the orb and sword looks fantastic, I suggest keeping those like that.  The blue on the scabbard should probably be grayish, like his shirt.  The blue eye, I'd like to see as a more natural blue.  And the ear things... I have no idea, haha.

We didn't really on color schemes for any of the characters prior to posting this, but I think you nailed it pretty well with the reds and grays.  The original marker sketch had him in green, I believe, but we should probably avoid that to side-step any Zelda similarities.

Berto's talking about sampling another page, and if anyone's interested, I think I've got one picked out.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2010, 06:40 PM »

Honestly, the wanderer guy is the only thing that I payed special attention to color scheme with.
In hindsight I did go a little overboard with the max saturation cyan. i was only going for a contrast between the hot orangey red colors going on with the background and the wanderer's over all cool colors.

MORE SAMPLES PLEASE!

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2010, 09:57 PM »
MORE SAMPLES PLEASE!

I plotted out a huge chunk of the story last week - and arrived at a very rough estimated total page count of 500 pages to tell this whole story.

Just putting that out there as fair warning to anyone interested.

These are a two-page spread:

larger: http://entervoid.com/images/toast/05.jpg

larger: http://entervoid.com/images/toast/06.jpg

Additionally, I originally gave this image to alberto as reference for the giant sand worm:
http://solanacompost.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/worm-152185552_std.jpg

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM »
I'm trying to finish mine up  :)

« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2010, 06:40 PM »
I'll give'er a shot, too  :)

« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2010, 08:15 PM »

yaaaay this was fun!! I love your characters Pon, they are so little and cute!!  ;D

« Reply #21 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:24 AM »
ooooo!

I like the translucent sword. I almost made it blue too but I decided there was already too much blue.

« Reply #22 on: Oct 20, 2010, 03:12 PM »

So apparently my monitor was totally messed up, I realized this when I looked this at my computer at work today. I fixed to and then corrected my coloring to look like what I had originally intended.  :P

« Reply #23 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:08 PM »

Ho-holey shit my modem died fucking 14 times trying to attach these babies.

I need to figure out a better solution

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2010, 06:30 PM »
I think we've got someone, but just to be safe I'll double-check... no takers on this?

I missed this post before, did you guys decide on someone now?

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

300 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us