Random SuperHero Creation Jam

Random SuperHero Creation Jam
« on: Sep 26, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Using one of the following random generators found below draw a pin-up using the results.

Post the text or link you ended up with along with image.

http://hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/herogen/
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

EDIT: you may also use one of the following excel generators created by http://dbed.deviantart.com/
http://dbed.deviantart.com/art/Character-Generator-4-Excel-153582431
http://dbed.deviantart.com/art/Random-Character-Generator-2-172832502

you should check out some of the great stuff he and http://gaston25.deviantart.com/ have come up with using these exel generators

....for extra geek points you can also write a SHORT bio for the character to go with the image......

....for extra sexy superstar points you can draw the character in a coupla pages
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2014, 04:17 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Re: Random SuperHero Creation Jam
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2010, 08:28 PM »

Duke Canary
Power(s): Omnipotence
Source of powers: Special Object
Weapon: Omni-Belt

"Former Mafia Informant, Lou Spenata found the all powerful 'Omni-Belt' while working as a Security Guard under the guise provided by Witness Protection and the US Attorneys Office. Taking the belt has provided him an opportunity to gain revenge on both those responsible for his initial capture as well as deal with the repercussions of his turning evidence against his former mob employers.
The 'Omni-Belt' would make Duke Canary extremely dangerous with its capacity for bringing anything the wearer can imagine into existence if not for the fact that Spenata himself is very limited in intelligence and imagination."
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2010, 08:47 PM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2010, 09:10 PM »
I got two on the way. :D

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:34 PM »
This was worth a small break.

Soundstorm
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Manipulation
Source of powers: Mutant electrocution
Weapon: Flutestroke

Richard White was a talented but unsuccessful jazz flute player before a freak electrical storm activated his latent mutant powers. Subconsciously controlling his electrical powers through his music, he decided to use his abilities to bring him the fame and fortune that the recording industry never gave him.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2010, 11:46 PM »

Duke Canary
Power(s): Omnipotence
Source of powers: Special Object
Weapon: Omni-Belt

"Former Mafia Informant, Lou Spenata found the all powerful 'Omni-Belt' while working as a Security Guard under the guise provided by Witness Protection and the US Attorneys Office. Taking the belt has provided him an opportunity to gain revenge on both those responsible for his initial capture as well as deal with the repercussions of his turning evidence against his former mob employers.
The 'Omni-Belt' would make Duke Canary extremely dangerous with its capacity for bringing anything the wearer can imagine into existence if not for the fact that Spenata himself is very limited in intelligence and imagination."

I really wish you would fight again, you shit.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2010, 04:52 AM »

The Dazzling Scarlet Frog

power: Precognition, Force blasts

Lilli Gadsworth, actress and model, has recently discovered she can see the future. Using her new found powers, she sets out to stop the production of any movies that will end up grossing more than her movies. She is incredibly ditsy and believes she's doing the right thing. Also, she likes frogs.

And now, I must make a futile effort to finish my comic.

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Hah, she's great!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2010, 11:06 PM »
ElectraPrincess

Powers: Electricity & Earthquake generation

Origin of powers: A terrible terrible lighting fixture failure electrocuted her as she danced at her senior prom. Her face was burned off, but she gained super cool powers. Also, she was prom princess, which isn't as cool as prom queen.

Pink lightning cause it's cool. Also I ran out of paper at the bottom.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Love the creepy skull face! And the pink lightning rocks

« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2010, 01:36 AM »
More people need to do this.
Then we need to have a huge battle royale with all the superheroes.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2010, 05:33 AM »
This jam actually kinda interests me. If I decide to be unlazy for a hour or so, I'll try to do something for this

« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2010, 05:47 AM »
Skulls...lightnings...princessess...everything that interests me. In a single drawing D:!!!
By air

« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2010, 10:46 AM »
More people need to do this.
Then we need to have a huge battle royale with all the superheroes.

YES!!

« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I'm not a jam guy. But I just clicked to see what I would end up with & got the name "Karate King" with Juggernaut powers (or Rhinoceros Effect as they call it). That's awesome for a karate guy. I'm totally going to draw the fuck out of that once I'm off of work.

« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2010, 02:31 PM »

Colored version of page 2 of my comic.
All characters in it were created with the first generator.
You're gonna have to wait till it goes up to see which are their powers though : D
By air

« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2010, 04:00 PM »

Nuclear Cat
Power(s): Telescopic vision, Friction manipulation, Unaided outer space travel
Source of powers: Unexplained
Weapon: ... you'll see.

I also used the super-hero generetor for my 24 hour comic : D --high five zsabreuser
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2010, 11:31 PM »
A++ you guys, using the Jam to inspire a Comic!

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11 PM »
I swear I selected 20 variations and this one came up;

Caped Mime
Power(s): Omnidirectional sight, Instant language understanding, Juggling
Source of powers: Abnormal brain function

EDIT: I decided to do a quick ink and grey scale instead of just leaving it as a pencil sketch
again just a pencil sketch......but I may ink it and greyscale it later......it was enough of a challenge for now to work in a more cartoony style and at least attempt to capture such a radically different (than my norm) character

I would appreciate some feedback on this and any of my recent scribbles
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:11 PM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I really like her posture! That google eye does freak me out!

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18 PM »
Man, Wei, I would LOVE to critique your work and help you improve, but I always have such a hard time of picking things out! I think what I'd really like to see from you is more shading, especially things like inking in big black shadows here and there or just giving some really nice contrast to your grayscale/color layers. As for working in a more cartoony style, I'm actually really impressed at how you managed to capture that feeling while still maintaining a very identifiable style. Depending on how much you wanted to push it, I could suggest some wacky things to make it MORE cartoony, but that's more of a stylistic choice than anything you necessarily need to improve upon.

Oh, I'd also enjoy seeing some backgrounds occasionally ;)

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 11:38 AM »
I will try to incorporate your points in the next one....which is turning out to be much more industrious

I hope more people will try this again....it is a good creative exercise( I chose different settings and came up with a cool idea for an illustration) because it allows you to think outside your normal imaginative pathways....as much as I enjoy Mimi and think Kozi is hilarious I wouldn't normally have done this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:40 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2014, 04:13 PM »
added new links for an alternative source fo this jam

« Reply #22 on: Jun 01, 2014, 04:30 PM »
I am doing one of these as soon as I possible can. This is the best idea ever.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2014, 01:53 PM »
I swear I selected 20 variations and this one came up;

Caped Mime
Power(s): Omnidirectional sight, Instant language understanding, Juggling
Source of powers: Abnormal brain function

EDIT: I decided to do a quick ink and grey scale instead of just leaving it as a pencil sketch
again just a pencil sketch......but I may ink it and greyscale it later......it was enough of a challenge for now to work in a more cartoony style and at least attempt to capture such a radically different (than my norm) character

I would appreciate some feedback on this and any of my recent scribbles

I laughed so hard. This costume design is so freakin' fabulous! I must use it in some form or fashion!

« Reply #24 on: Jun 17, 2014, 10:21 PM »

Blind Prince
Power(s): Cold Generation
Source of Powers: Undead
Weapon: Plasma Scimitar

The Blind Prince was once the fierce warrior prince named Altero the Great. On one fateful day, an evil necromancer, in search of more undead slaves, slaughtered Altero's village. The necromancer decided to make Altero his personal body-guard and loyal companion, so he resurrected the prince as an intelligent undead with the power of the icy grip of death. With Altero's intelligence came self-awareness of what had happened to him and his people. He killed the necromancer out of revenge. Unfortunately, he also had to destroy all the others in his village, as they had essentially become mindless zombies set on destroying any living thing that they came across. 
After all this, he dedicated his life to stamping out evil wherever it can be found and protecting the lives of the innocent.

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

429 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us