Penchant for Disaster (endjoi's sketch thread)

Re: Penchant for Disaster (endjoi's sketch thread)
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39 AM »
http://www.hulu.com/xena-warrior-princess

my apologies if you aren't able to complete the 22 page challenge because of this.

I would like to see you do more color work, that picture up a few posts is looking pretty awesome.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Thanks Anginess, now I'm totally obsessed where before I was only mildly obsessed.

this is a pre-sketch for a print I will be making some time this summer(after 22 page challenge)  might turn into a series or a zine or something. 
killing the enemy with cuteness

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 01:43 PM »

More Xena.  Did this for the cooler at work.

Also, I already posted this in the post apocalypse jam, but thought I'd throw it here too.  I want to color it, but I have to wait until after I finish the 22 page challenge. 

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I've been having incredibly vivd dreams every night for the past month.  Last night, I had this dream and decided to draw it:

you can find all these images with the story behind them over here:
http://bevelation.blogspot.com/2011/05/take-that-nightmares.html

« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Wow, loving the nightmare pics- the colors are way atmospheric.

« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Awesome. It's sometimes hard to dream in color.
I like very much.

« Reply #31 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:11 PM »
got a new sketchbook.  a big one.  It seems the larger format makes markers a lot easier.  Anyways, here's a few peeps from DEATH ROYALE.  warm up sketchs and such. 

And also I was playing around with water colors.  not sure how I feel about them yet.

« Reply #32 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I love your death royale character. Its too bad there is a chance she'll die cause I'd love to fight her :<

Nice sketches though!

« Reply #33 on: Aug 10, 2011, 01:08 PM »
working on a redesign for Ayako.  here are the rough sketches I've been doing. 

sorry about the horrible quality, I've been working in a larger sketchbook that doesn't fit in my scanner.  And the bottom half is still bothering me.  I still have a lot of work to do on this before I am happy with it.  I do like her hair though. 
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011, 01:09 PM by endjoi »

« Reply #34 on: Aug 10, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Awww, the drawing of Li is so adorable. Also I really like how she looked in your Death Royale comic too.

That new design sheet for Ayako though, is freaking awesome. I'd love to battle you sometime once I get my new character, Dahlia, in.

« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2011, 08:04 PM »
I am trying DESPERATELY to drag myself out of a rut.  so I did some fanart. 

I'm still not pleased with the background or the colors.  some things I like.  I dunno.  Anyways, here's the line art:

This is a fanart of James Stokoe's Bowie, from Orc Stain.  And also Moebiu's Starwatcher. 

aaaaand here are a few warm up sketches from Death Royale:

so sad I didn't have time to further develop the spiral/o.s. bot romance...

« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Man that Bowie is sick. Everyone else is drawing her I probably should one of these days then too haha.

Those Death Royale sketches are awesome too. I am sad your character is dead but thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess :<

« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2011, 02:08 PM »
A few drawlings for today.  I've been working so slowly lately, ugh.  Anyways, after 24 hour comic day, I decided to take that story and run with it.  here are a few character doodles:

And so now I'm going back and drawing "nice" versons of each of the characters.  Here's my "long range" character, Lydia:

and then I tried to get all fancy and draw a background, and I think maybe I fucked it up.

markers are hard to work with.  I think watercolors might have worked a little better for this. 

Anyways, I'll be posting more of these as I draw them. And now I snack!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2011, 04:16 PM »
The heavy hitter is my favourite of those :D.

cool sketches.

« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2011, 02:15 PM »
thanks Orange!

I only had a little bit of drawing time before work, so I drew a little doodle for the boyfriend.  He plays a lot of startcraft.

Also, it has been WAAAAAY too long since I've drawn tentacle boobie girl. I forgot how much fun she is. 

« Reply #40 on: Oct 25, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I've been working on some prints!  here are the color proofs:

also mermaid themed:

I ended up going with the red, even though I like the blue/green one too.  Moslty because the hair drawing was totally lost on the blue.  I'm still torn between the two, actually, but I've already printed the edition in red, so no looking back now. 

« Reply #41 on: Oct 25, 2011, 11:57 PM »
OMG Tentacle Boobie Girl!!!  MERMAIDS!!!!  ALL THE OTHER GENERALLY AWESOME STUFF!!!!!!  I like the blue Mermaid print too but you are right, that hair is too lush to lose in the color.

« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Heh that tentacle girl made me laugh :) nice stuff,
and i really really love the red print you've been workin on,the hair is amazing in that one

« Reply #43 on: Oct 26, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Yeah I gotta echo that the hair is pretty damn wicked.

« Reply #44 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Doing quite a few valpuri sketches lately.  SHe's been looking rather serene, I guess maybe at ease with her own passing, what with the hopes of a second life of sorts.

Also, I've been playing skyrim.  It's the first game I've EVER had, so I'm a little obsessed.  Here's my lady:

um, a random sketch.  Just playing around with some new markers:

also, sorry for the bad picture quality.  I don't have my scanner hooked up right now, so it's all pics with my phone.  One day I will stop being lazy. That is a lie...

« Reply #45 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:42 AM »
Doing quite a few valpuri sketches lately.  SHe's been looking rather serene, I guess maybe at ease with her own passing, what with the hopes of a second life of sorts.

Man, those Valpuri drawings are gorgeous. Definitely make sure to bring her out if we have another All-Together Now! Tournament or a Month of the Dead.

Also, I've been playing skyrim.  It's the first game I've EVER had, so I'm a little obsessed.

Also, what?

« Reply #46 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:47 AM »
Never played Skyrim but that character looks sweet.  And Yush, Valpuri should claw her way back from the afterlife if another tourney comes around!

« Reply #47 on: Nov 16, 2011, 03:03 AM »
Wait...You've never owned a video game before Skyrim?  Did it really hype you that much?

« Reply #48 on: Nov 16, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I've never really had a console or a computer that plays the shiny games, so I usually don't bother.  but damn it's looked shiny, and I had played morrowind for all of an hour once and was sad I couldn't play more.  so I'm making up for that pent up excitement some 10 years later I guess.

Also, I'm trying to put together something for the Void anthology thing, and I will be using Valpuri, hence all the sketches.  Also, I love drawing her hair. 

« Reply #49 on: Nov 16, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Val has purddy hair ~ I love that we get to see more of her :D

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

201 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 255.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us