The Style of Me

Re: The Style of Me
« Reply #75 on: Sep 23, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Hey man, covering your character's entire hand in an energy blast is some Rob Liefeld style stuff, man. Don't cheat the work, draw it out.

I get the idea that in this latest picture his one hand's behind him & the other one's more forward, the overlapping works a bit towards establishing that. And while one arm's shorter than the other, it doesn't actually foreshorten with the perspective, it just looks shorter (in fact a little too short) & that kind of flattens out the image as a result.  Not only would the arm not extend as far, it'd taper more in the fore arm as the hand was further away. His bicep on that arm also looks bigger than the other, yet theoretically, that too would also foreshorten too. Try working on your poses in relation to foreshortening. Doing so also really helps your work get more dynamic.

Also, I can't really tell, but in relation to the size of the lines, these seem like they're drawn on the smaller side & you're trying to fill in details. I'd really look in to drawing on a larger scale.

« Reply #76 on: Sep 24, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Personally, I'd avoid using textures in your work, especially if you're newish to digital art. You said you have a bamboo right? That means you probably got Photoshop Elements bundled up in there too, right? Consider checking that program out and as Wei suggested, definitely get some pin-ups and comic pages going. You should also be coloring in your lines and not leaving any white space/scribbles. Get the basics of nice, solid lines (instead of sketchy ones) and filling in flats, then pick it up and start doing shading and other cool effects.

Keep progressing though, you're on a hot streak!

« Reply #77 on: Sep 27, 2010, 11:34 AM »
@Rolfqu -  Ty for the advice, still working on a design sheet, and yea...the whole pure-energy hands thing (tiz a bad habit) lol, but
it shall be no more.

@Kuro- I will def. work on my foreshortening. And there shall no longer be pure energy covering hands lol.

@Enaxon- Sadly don't have photoshop elements, and I am still gettin the hang of the bamboo. Making presentable lines is...ergh...T_T..tough..but I do think Anginess has a forum on how to clean up the art work and what not...

Overall: Thanks to you all, I shall be refining all that I've been taught/told lol.
~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #78 on: Sep 27, 2010, 12:17 PM »
I'm not familiar with corel painter essentials. But as long as you can find a "pen" "ink" tool you should be fine. Or do what angie does and do it by hand, scan and color it :3

Can't wait to see what you push out next!!

« Reply #79 on: Sep 28, 2010, 10:43 AM »
hmmmmmmmmm................I am liking this scan and coloring technique....lol. Quick question though, would I be able to do a design sheet on regular printing paper :o
~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #80 on: Sep 28, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Sure. You can grab some typing paper, draw on it, ink it, scann it and color it on photoshop. That's how I did my comic :3

O.o"'...cough...
« Reply #81 on: Oct 03, 2010, 09:28 PM »
o.o''....*cough*...any ideas/advice on how to set up comic boxes????? lol.  :P
~May the Cookie Crumble~

Re: O.o"'...cough...
« Reply #82 on: Oct 03, 2010, 09:33 PM »
o.o''....*cough*...any ideas/advice on how to set up comic boxes????? lol.  :P

What are comic boxes?

Do you mean panels? Get a ruler.

« Reply #83 on: Oct 03, 2010, 09:43 PM »
lls XD. ergh...the ruler... I shall use  :'(. but yea, srry 4 not posting up any recent stuff , been sick & had a very very tough week. but still hanging in there.
~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #84 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:12 AM »
boxes...?

Please tell me you're planning the actions in the comic first & you're letting them dictate the layout of your pages, not just squeezing the action into the panels after you arbitrarily draw straight lines on a page. It's a rookie mistake, & worrying about the straight lines before other things here is giving me that vibe.

the Rookie...:D
« Reply #85 on: Oct 05, 2010, 11:48 AM »
boxes...?

Please tell me you're planning the actions in the comic first & you're letting them dictate the layout of your pages, not just squeezing the action into the panels after you arbitrarily draw straight lines on a page. It's a rookie mistake, & worrying about the straight lines before other things here is giving me that vibe.

@Kuro: lol, nah its just that I havn't thought of myself of succeeding in a comic layout just yet...and you all are like " we want comics". And yea...lol I guess its just anxiety nonetheless,  but surely I must learn one way or another.
~May the Cookie Crumble~

Re: the Rookie...:D
« Reply #86 on: Oct 06, 2010, 02:11 AM »
boxes...?

@Kuro: lol, nah its just that I havn't thought of myself of succeeding in a comic layout just yet...and you all are like " we want comics". And yea...lol I guess its just anxiety nonetheless,  but surely I must learn one way or another.

You won't learn at all if you don't try it and show us so we can tell you.

Yay.... new rough sketches!!!!
« Reply #87 on: Oct 24, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Chea....schools been kickin me ars 24/7 now-a-days. but I still managed to come up with ideas of the comic, and roughly started on 2 pages at the same time. Let me know what yah'll think. ( Oh btw, yah didn't think i'd give up that easily did yah'll? llol )

The 2 pics above is just my idea page, srry if its not that clear, I had to start some where lol. But yea, the 2 pics below is what I started on out of the idea page. There still in construction mode none-thee less.

~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #88 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:16 PM »
And So I have......returned.....

~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #89 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Mind you....my tablet broke...but this is all me...

~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #90 on: Apr 29, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Wow... I have been away for quite some time....hopefully I have grown since then...
~May the Cookie Crumble~

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Well hey! Don't hold out on us! Show us what you got! I love to see people improve over time, and it'd be great if you stayed for a while :)

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

460 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us