Void Invitational Tourney Jam

Re: Void Invitational Tourney Jam
« Reply #100 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:50 AM »
ahhh enef and exanon thanks haha

man i should probably note that pico is actually really short, like only 4 feet tall or some shit haha

my baaaaad
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #101 on: Jul 23, 2010, 01:54 PM »
almost missed my Nevy in all the Picos and Beets, haha
art's lookin' good guys! I especially like the banner

« Reply #102 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:32 PM »
I didn't want to be the only guy without any fanart made.

« Reply #103 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:18 PM »
ahhh enef and exanon thanks haha

man i should probably note that pico is actually really short, like only 4 feet tall or some shit haha

my baaaaad

Angie enjoys finally meeting someone significantly shorter than her that isn't a kid
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #104 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:42 PM »
I tried to draw all the girl characters entered in the Invitational so far! (Sorry if I missed somebody...)

I JUST saw this ( my browser doesn't like to load images sometimes..or accept their existence..) This is friggin awessommee <3
Screams in World Building

« Reply #105 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I managed to finish an intro story for my character before the tourney.

« Reply #106 on: Jul 24, 2010, 11:29 PM »
That's not... It's my favorite cartoon, I'll live with the ridicule. That's not modeled after Azula, is it?

« Reply #107 on: Jul 24, 2010, 11:41 PM »
I like the art...but are you seriously using comic sans...? D: D: D: D: D:

« Reply #108 on: Jul 25, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I never understood, why do people hate comic sans?

« Reply #109 on: Jul 25, 2010, 12:04 AM »
Yay Street Fighter : D

« Reply #110 on: Jul 25, 2010, 12:07 AM »
Comic Sans hate is mostly due to overuse and more importantly misuse of the typeface.  It is considered a very unprofessional font to use especially if the topic is serious.  Some people hate it to death and some people love it.  I know graphic designers consider it the font from hell.  I've even heard that there's a hate Comic Sans club out there and I think even the creator of the font isn't very fond of his own creation either.

« Reply #111 on: Jul 25, 2010, 12:09 AM »
Cause it looks bad and most comic artists either hand letter, get a font made for them based off their lettering. Or most folks here I know swear by blambot.com :3

« Reply #112 on: Jul 25, 2010, 02:57 AM »
I got to dafont.com to get my fonts, but I mostly use handstyles now a days from my retired graffiti days!

And some sketches since i'm too lazy to line and color at the moment!

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 03:09 AM by Mo Rice »
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

« Reply #113 on: Jul 25, 2010, 04:14 AM »
Gaaaasp! D8 I totally should do people's OC's when I'm on my break during work! 8D Absolutely loving all these different styles especially seeing your very own character drawn in someone else's style. *long sigh* That's the best part about being a creative person. <333 Banner(s) for the Tourney would be most excellent especially with all of our characters squished into it. x> Anyways, it's past 3 am and I should probably hit the hay. Then tomorrow I'll see if I can print out ref sheets and do some doodles in my sketch book. c:
"*points* Look! Star lights shinning through these midnight skies..."

« Reply #114 on: Jul 25, 2010, 05:22 AM »
Noir I'm going to crit you a bit since you're intro comic is in view O.O
I'm not very fond of the character's hair, the white spaces that show up I find distracting.  Lines could be tightened up a bit and a little less loose.  Your anatomy is great though, and really polished I think.  The backgrounds though, I think you could push it a bit more stylistically.  Like I think a sketchy loose style is fine but I think they could use a bit more dimension and a bit more time.

« Reply #115 on: Jul 25, 2010, 06:07 AM »
Cause it looks bad and most comic artists either hand letter, get a font made for them based off their lettering. Or most folks here I know swear by blambot.com :3

I did not know of this site, thank you! <3

Noir I'm going to crit you a bit since you're intro comic is in view O.O
I'm not very fond of the character's hair, the white spaces that show up I find distracting.  Lines could be tightened up a bit and a little less loose.  Your anatomy is great though, and really polished I think.  The backgrounds though, I think you could push it a bit more stylistically.  Like I think a sketchy loose style is fine but I think they could use a bit more dimension and a bit more time.

I appreciate the crit. Do you think if I make the hair solid (like what they do in manga?) it would be better? This digital thing is sort of temporary way of getting my comics done, until I go back to school in august and have some powerful scanners at my disposal.

That's not... It's my favorite cartoon, I'll live with the ridicule. That's not modeled after Azula, is it?

It is! Her fan allows her to disguise herself how ever she needs be. So I figured she'd gotta have a little fun with it now and then.

« Reply #116 on: Jul 25, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Your best bet is to actually study hair. Look up hair references and pictures of hair styles-- even the hair style tutorials on youtube could be valuable. Manga generally does it that way because hair -sort of- works that way. It likes to clump together and it moves in a specific way. Manga just also likes to exagerate it a lot.

I've got some art I'll be posting at some point today for you guys. Too much good stuff to pass up.

Edit: ARTS!

My scanner doesn't work well with my bigass sketchbook. Guess I have to use printer paper.

Plenty more where this came from. I'm busting as many out as I can today.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 11:45 AM by Base »

« Reply #117 on: Jul 25, 2010, 01:17 PM »
OH So nervous.

OK SO ARTS: I intend to do them.

SOME FOR BASE. You bastid. Making me work. I'm going to take the whip away and make you see how you like it >:V

...there will be more.
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #118 on: Jul 25, 2010, 04:10 PM »
BAAAAAAASE. That Jojo reference. I had no choice but to reciprocate one.

...In the rare event your first drawing up there didn't allude Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, hope you enjoy your fanart :3 Hell I hope you enjoy it anyway.

So, I take it we're allowed to keep doing fanart for the entrants even after the tourney has started or is done? It's all for the entrants right and it keeps going? I hope so, I tried doing some other drawings of some entrants earlier but I really think I should work em out until they really look good, I wouldn't want anything less for all you brave enough to enter :3
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010, 04:25 PM by ClassicGuardian »

« Reply #119 on: Jul 25, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Draw away. Its all great fun. :)

« Reply #120 on: Jul 25, 2010, 05:36 PM »
I got to dafont.com to get my fonts, but I mostly use handstyles now a days from my retired graffiti days!

And some sketches since i'm too lazy to line and color at the moment!

Hooooooley shit my heart actually skipped a beat when I saw my little creation up there!

Thank you so much!

« Reply #121 on: Jul 25, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Oh man, that is AWESOME. Yeah, it was a Jojo's reference. I got the idea and just had to do it.

I ended up passing out, stayed up all night lol. I'll try to do some more art before I have to try to sleep again. If not, I'll do it up tomorrow!

« Reply #122 on: Jul 25, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Baaaaaaaase you made Leland look super-awesome and radtacular and totally boss ;A;

In other words, thank you very much~

« Reply #123 on: Jul 26, 2010, 09:31 AM »
this looks like fun i think i will join in  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

not done yet its missing a couple of ppl

« Reply #124 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:56 AM »
No problem Urah! :3
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

257 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us