The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #1100 on: Aug 13, 2010, 03:18 AM »
While we are showing some Munkei off, here is a WIP panel from a page. Its not the full panel, some stuff in the corner is cut off yadda yadda. Pencils. Woo! Gotta say though making a comic with pencil and paper is still really alien feeling to me. I had to get it out of my head 400 times to stop trying to ctrl-s and ctrl-z.

Also my comp is fixed, so hooray!

Salt, personally I'm a little more concerned about

You guys can comment and have fun on the forums, that's what they're there for. But please don't forget to comment on battles, including ones that aren't part of the tournament since I'm sure everyone would appreciate the feedback.

I try to comment on battles outside of this tourney (then again I've been here since before this tourney anyway) but this does also go both ways. I've seen a few regulars post on the invite battles, but there could be more (including some that post in this topic) that could also be posting in more of our battles as well. I know there is a lot of battles to comment on, but like I said the street goes both ways :P. Not trying to stir shit up, just sayin'. I know I have read a couple of the recent battles like Bat vs Chia that I need to comment on, I just haven't yet.

« Reply #1101 on: Aug 13, 2010, 05:20 AM »
Salt, personally I'm a little more concerned about

You guys can comment and have fun on the forums, that's what they're there for. But please don't forget to comment on battles, including ones that aren't part of the tournament since I'm sure everyone would appreciate the feedback.

Well my reason for not commenting on the tourney battles is cus I mean they were given a week (life included) to do these. I cant really advise quality or completion much when you have to shove out this stuff in such a short time.

jus sayin

« Reply #1102 on: Aug 13, 2010, 07:38 AM »
I haven't commented because I put 40 something comics up, thumbed a large chunk of them and had to fix technical issues and track down the people with those technical issues for like 1/5 of the entries haha after doing that all I honestly wasn't up to commenting. It's like that feeling you get when you work on a piece of art too long and don't feel like looking at it afterwards. While I read and voted on each comic, I didn't comment because of all of the above.  I think people will take me putting the comics up over commenting any day. There's sadly only so much time I can devote to the site between mod stuff, working on a BB, and working two jobs (second job being freelance)
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010, 08:16 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1103 on: Aug 13, 2010, 07:46 AM »
I've been commenting on the comics and the forum. C:

« Reply #1104 on: Aug 13, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Also no one take that I'm trying to be mean or piss in anyone's Cheerios, that's not my intent. The overall message Salt and I were trying to convey was hey, you can post in this thread and have fun but please don't forget there's an entire site to interact with too. There's battles to comment and read on and an entire forum filled with topics to get involved in or even start your own. We welcome all the activity but you have to look at it from our point of view. It never hurts to branch out and try to get to know the other Voiders by getting involved in the community outside of this thread. A lot of us vets are reaching out to you and trying to talk to you in this thread, maybe try to reach out to us too?
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1105 on: Aug 13, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Holy fuck you are commenting about where you comment and why stop doing this please god stop doing this
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #1106 on: Aug 13, 2010, 03:15 PM »
comments are comments. We all have them.

Maybe they could just have a new thread somewhere else, like Current Events, so that other news threads don't get bumped below this one.

« Reply #1107 on: Aug 13, 2010, 03:40 PM »
i don't know, seems pretty inconsequential ? just let people be active wherever, really.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #1108 on: Aug 13, 2010, 04:46 PM »
It's funny that this is such controversy.  Void is having sudden growing pains and it shows but at the same time it means we're learning.  Now the reason for not having all activity occur in dame place is matter of index.  Say there is a point or advice or even a picture you want to look back on.  With such a large topic it makes it hard to look back on it.  Which is why I made attempts early in to redirect conversations to proper threads.  I just gunk it makes discussion easier if you're going to discuss specifics to move it to other threads for the sake of community.  Otherwise if we're still talking about the same thing who cares?

« Reply #1109 on: Aug 13, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Why does it matter if this is the top thread? For me it displays a big "NEW" symbol next to every thread with a new post. If people are seriously too lazy to click on the news and updates thing to see if there are any other new posts then being active in the forums probably doesn't mean that much to them.

« Reply #1110 on: Aug 13, 2010, 04:58 PM »
I think it's because we're pretty used to new people getting excited and involved in a big event and most of them leaving. When the event ends it'll kind of suck if a lot of people leave because they really don't have much else they want to talk about :(. I don't wanna see this become another case of all the new people coming for a new event and leaving when it's done. Some people are inevitably going to leave but we'd like to keep who we can. That's why some of us are trying to nudge new people to get involved here, so they'll have reason to hang around even if the tournament is done.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1111 on: Aug 13, 2010, 05:16 PM »
yeah guys it's not really griping about this thread being THE TOP POSTED THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET  or whatever, it's moreso just trying to keep interest in this AS WELL AS the wonderful opportunities that are on the rest of these forums that you can take a part in if you're knocked out of the tourney

it's really easy for interest in the site to wane when you're not actively participating in something, so don't treat angie's and the others posts as GROUCHY GRAMPA POSTING or whatever. Because they're right

an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #1112 on: Aug 13, 2010, 06:31 PM »
I kinda like that the thread is basically an activity log, keeping people up to date with their progress.

This, of course, coming from a guy who should really post more on the comics himself, as well.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #1113 on: Aug 13, 2010, 06:44 PM »
I kinda like that the thread is basically an activity log, keeping people up to date with their progress.

That was more or less my opinion on it. I don't plan on leaving if I can still find challengers and stuff after the Invitational, but for now it is where my interest lies which is why I post in this thread.

« Reply #1114 on: Aug 13, 2010, 06:52 PM »

That was more or less my opinion on it. I don't plan on leaving if I can still find challengers and stuff after the Invitational, but for now it is where my interest lies which is why I post in this thread.

Glad to hear it! We want to keep as many of you as possible
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1115 on: Aug 13, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Same here, I've worked years to get in here and I'm not leaving after one tourney XD. I'm even submitting a second character once this is done.

« Reply #1116 on: Aug 13, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Me too, I have a character that I had in progress that I didn't enter for this because I still have stuff to work out design wise haha. So I will apply for another one once I wrap up everything I have planned for my current storyline with Luna and give 'er a break for a bit.

« Reply #1117 on: Aug 13, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Love it! Keep showing your enthusiasm to the world!

« Reply #1118 on: Aug 14, 2010, 10:24 PM »
Deadline is coming up! As a reminder, for all upload issues please read http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11345.0 first! And double check that your comics uploaded properly so we can avoid more accidental defaults/problems with pages! Please don't upload until you're absolutely certain what you're uploading is the finished product! Also, for people wanting custom thumbnails http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=10587.0
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2010, 10:25 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1119 on: Aug 15, 2010, 02:07 AM »
Puuuummmmped for tonight.

« Reply #1120 on: Aug 15, 2010, 05:44 AM »
Deadline is coming up! As a reminder, for all upload issues please read http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11345.0 first! And double check that your comics uploaded properly so we can avoid more accidental defaults/problems with pages! Please don't upload until you're absolutely certain what you're uploading is the finished product! Also, for people wanting custom thumbnails http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=10587.0

Thanks angie i was looking for those links to do my thumbs right.

« Reply #1121 on: Aug 15, 2010, 07:54 AM »
OK i uploaded the comic (and checked if it was uploaded) and send my thumbs to angie. All should be good now. I HOPE!

« Reply #1122 on: Aug 15, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I just wanted to say, before I went to crash for a hundred years, Thank You to all the admins and mods and everyone who helped put this together. I think I said it before (I have a splitting migraine, cut me some slack) but I think it bares repeating.

Uploaded my comic. Hope I didn't dissapoint! I'm going to go lose my mind and relax now. (PS: NEVER EVER inking a mall or any other straight-edged environment with my crappy hand EVER again. owwww....)

« Reply #1123 on: Aug 15, 2010, 11:38 AM »
base needs a hand massage. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this round. :3
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #1124 on: Aug 15, 2010, 12:34 PM »
So far no upload problems and a lot of people have uploaded, any custom thumbnails have been tossed into their folders. Like with the last time I will probably start putting up comics where both people have uploaded around midnight.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

430 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us