The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #1075 on: Aug 10, 2010, 09:14 PM »
To me, Void is an infinitely vast city. With a volcano in the middle of it, and a rocket-ship subway system.

« Reply #1076 on: Aug 10, 2010, 10:02 PM »
To me, Void is a magical and far away place where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer and the towels are oh-so-fluffy! Where the shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long. And anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel!

Ah, Void.

« Reply #1077 on: Aug 10, 2010, 10:05 PM »
To me, Void is a magical and far away place where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer and the towels are oh-so-fluffy! Where the shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long. And anyone on the street will gladly shave your back for a nickel!

Ah, Void.

:D Ahhh you are right. Lets go get soe half crazed starving weasels...

« Reply #1078 on: Aug 10, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Urggh just realized that I'm not gonna get this first page inked tonight... at least the pencils look decent. Now to sleep, and dream of better comics.

« Reply #1079 on: Aug 10, 2010, 10:56 PM »
same. Thought I'd be able to get to the inking, but I need to be able to function for a full day of work tomorrow :c

I don't think i'll have enough time to do colors like I did with the last comic, either. sdlkfakjfdsa
but on the bright side, my sketched up pages are done!

« Reply #1080 on: Aug 10, 2010, 11:35 PM »
I was advised to change the pacing on my comic and told that I could tell the same amount of story in fewer pages so I'm trying to keep my page count lower this time around. It's looking like about 8, which might give me enough time to do mine in color this time around which would be nice.

« Reply #1081 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:18 AM »
fresh meat.
can i eat them afterwards?

« Reply #1082 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:24 AM »
This one week time limit will be the death of me.

« Reply #1083 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:44 AM »
haha just finished bluelining

can't wait to pencil and ink this bastard
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #1084 on: Aug 11, 2010, 01:35 AM »
I have no clue how many pages I will have, I just sketched out two in blue so far and then I need to lay some pencils overtop of it once I get all my pages done. I dunno how many I will have, but this is definitely uncomfortable for me. I have made all my comics digitally but with my comp down for the count I won't be able to haha. If I can get it up later this week I could colour under my pencils I bet, but I am hoping to have all my pages pencilled by thurs/fri so I can go into my school on the saturday and scan and go into PS to add the text and touch it up. So yeah, hopefully my pencils will be good enough to carry me through to the next round, I fear the lack of colour might seal it for me. I'll just have to make sure my drawings are extra nice I guess. I won't even bother inking either cause I use like...a 4B pencil usually so my lines will be dark enough it won't matter lol! So yeah, I just hope people enjoy my comic anyway, even if traditional comic making is super alien to me heh.

« Reply #1085 on: Aug 11, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Ouch. Best of luck to you. I pegged you for one of my frontrunners to win this thing, so it would be a shame to see technical difficulties defeat you. I really hope it all works out.

« Reply #1086 on: Aug 11, 2010, 01:58 AM »
Thanks dude, I hope I can get it running by Thursday at the latest so I can stay up really late and really fix the pages once I get them all done. As it stands I won't know until tomorrow ish and I hope I won't have to reformat it =/. Oh well! This round has been a nightmare so far thats for sure haha, but regardless I am still turning in an entry because I don't believe in defaulting and I'll still try to make it kickass because I don't want to let my opponents down with a lack of a cool comic.

Also ps3 typing blows even with a keyboard lololololo

« Reply #1087 on: Aug 11, 2010, 09:29 AM »
The night time is the right time!

*sips coffee and scribbles his pages*
Sorry things aren't cooperating with you, Orange. =(
But I know you can pull this thing off.
Believe in me, who believes in you!

« Reply #1088 on: Aug 11, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Go, go, go, everybody! I wanna see some super-awesome comics!

My progress:

3/8-ish?? paneled, basic pencils
0 penciled
0 inked

On the radio: "What I Got" by Sublime
Weather: Summer Showers
Mood: Content

Hoping that I don't end up with double-digit numbered pages, or else this is gonna be... interesting.

« Reply #1089 on: Aug 11, 2010, 11:42 AM »
SCARMAGEDDON - 4 pages
Armageddon 2010 - 9 pages
Master of Disaster Tournament 2009 - 4 pages
Serious Business Tournament - 4 pages
Sentai Tournament - 8 pages
BATTLE ROYALE: 2008!! - 9 pages
SDT 2008 - 6 pages
Armageddon 07 - 11 pages
The Queen of Void Tournament - 14 pages
Battle Royale 2005 - 7 pages
SPEED DEATH TOURNEY - 33 pages
Armageddon - 12 pages

The Void Invitational! - 73 pages

Serious guys, you're literally just posting journals now. There's a place for that.

Internet is a distraction, and you've got to draw an entertaining comic before the end of the week!
If you simply must avoid drawing may I suggest discussing your favourite existing Void comics in the Awesome Battles Thread, or current comics in the Battle Discussion Thread.
If you've been knocked out already maybe now is the time to post on the Challenges Thread, or proposition some oldies in this weird thread Monday made. Though, maybe a more constructive use of the forum would be to leaf through the Void University.
Better yet - you could jump in head first and hope you get picked for the new and exciting Under New Management Tournament! It's something I personally have been looking forward to for a long time, so I 'd like to see lots of people join.

« Reply #1090 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:36 PM »
There are almost 50 of us though, and then people posting who aren't involved in the tourney too. Making comics is great, but if that was all I wanted to do I wouldn't need the site at all. I'm here to mingle a bit with some other comic makers, get to know the community and bounce ideas around, enjoy the experience to the fullest and all. No one would stick around if this was just meant to be slave labor.  :D

« Reply #1091 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:43 PM »

and yet. . .

« Reply #1092 on: Aug 11, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Haha, I'm glad you posted that and not me, Salt.  Let them have their fun, though.  They'll be miserable like everyone else in no time.

« Reply #1093 on: Aug 11, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Haha, I'm glad you posted that and not me, Salt.  Let them have their fun, though.  They'll be miserable like everyone else in no time.

HORRAY!

wait.

« Reply #1094 on: Aug 11, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Salt, personally I'm a little more concerned about

You guys can comment and have fun on the forums, that's what they're there for. But please don't forget to comment on battles, including ones that aren't part of the tournament since I'm sure everyone would appreciate the feedback.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #1095 on: Aug 11, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Also, this topic keeps shoving my tourny off of the forum index page ; 0; http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11362.0 boo hoo!

« Reply #1096 on: Aug 12, 2010, 08:33 PM »
 :o well so far so good
 heres the cover for for the three way :P

final will be smaller

« Reply #1097 on: Aug 12, 2010, 09:43 PM »
Wait by those numbers doesn't that mean each of you has posted a full page+? Not okay. Use the rest of the forum/site.
Be nice Jack.

« Reply #1098 on: Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM »
Good stuff, King. Hope it all looks that way.

« Reply #1099 on: Aug 13, 2010, 02:50 AM »
just got connection back and HOLY HELL SOFA KING!! that seriously ROCKS!!!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

295 Guests, 3 Users

(1 Hidden)
[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us