The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #875 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:49 AM »
Loving everyone's comics so far! These are awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the next batch, too.
Especially Orion! Can't wait to see our battle :DD!

« Reply #876 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:51 AM »
Hey hey hey who here didn't have a single punch/kick/shot/blowofanykind in their comic?

*raises hand, looks around, raises both*

« Reply #877 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:52 AM »
Mine only involved attacks by baseball bat. That was about as far as I could get.

And yeah, Jethro I can't wait to see yours too, though I feel a little silly even showing what I have now... :( I wanted something of higher quality but what I got is what I got at the moment... At least I won't default... I hope.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010, 12:54 AM by Orion »

« Reply #878 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:53 AM »
I am guilty of a single strike.

Orion -> cross your fingers for no default! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got so far. And if you're not satisfied with this one, we could always rematch! I was afraid I wasn't going to finish in time, so I feel like I skimped out on some of the panels :c .
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010, 01:01 AM by jethro-tullzy »

« Reply #879 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:54 AM »
Alls cool in love and comics man. :D

« Reply #880 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:01 AM »
Hey hey hey who here didn't have a single punch/kick/shot/blowofanykind in their comic?

My first script didn't. Admittedly, this was part of why I scrapped it. I figured in case I got eliminated in the first round I wanted my future opponents to have an idea of how Boek handles himself in combat. That was really my main reason for the rewrite. XD

« Reply #881 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:09 AM »
Wow i guess that's a good idea.

I think the joke/for srsly stats in Eve's ref pretty much cover that tho.

Blinding speed yet one hit knockoutable

« Reply #882 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:21 AM »
I tried reading and commenting, but passed out. I think I'm gonna invest in some KFC tomorrow and have a relaxing afternoon reading comics.

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #883 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:21 AM »

Ahem~!

« Reply #884 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:24 AM »

Ahem~!

OI!

PINKY OUT, MOTHER FUCKER.

No but yeah, awesome shit guys. I had some gunshots, and an explosion, and a collision. But like.

YOU CAN'T SEE IT YET CUZ IT'S NOT UP. Augh the wait is killing me. I'm gonna go play games and hope it's up soon.

« Reply #885 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:25 AM »

Ahem~!

HEY BRO HEY BRO HEY YEAH
*dual high five*

« Reply #886 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:28 AM »
I have pubes in my comic  ::)

:D

« Reply #887 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I have pubes in my comic  ::)

:D

I find this really funny, and a little unsettling at the same time...
Cheese and Rice!

« Reply #888 on: Aug 02, 2010, 01:34 AM »
Haha then my job, it has been done.

« Reply #889 on: Aug 02, 2010, 02:46 AM »
To reiterate my comments on my match page.

Due to a fucked up work schedule and a fucked up schedule saturday/sunday night (Thats mostly my bad for re-starting mid week) and on top of that retard opponents in my comp. TF2 league refusing to schedule dates so the league giving us a default date all for yesterday.

(on the plus side, we won our division:
1.nervousENERGY BLU     8     6     0     2         18     +4
2. 8U Gaming    8    5    1    2       17    +6
3. still breathing    6    2    1    3       7    -4
4. Iguana    4    2    0    2       6    -2
5. Genesis   6    0    0    6       0    -6
6. Team Offline [Dropped]    0    0    0    0       -1    
7. Angel of Heart [Dropped]    0    0    0    0       -1    
8. Chocolate Helicopter [Dropped]    0    0    0    0       -1
)

EXCUSES EXCUSES.
I fucked up, my bad.

If i go through i will do my utmost to dedicate all my time EARLY in the week to getting shit done.

If not i won't be taking one weekers on for a while.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010, 02:48 AM by Enef »

« Reply #890 on: Aug 02, 2010, 06:07 AM »
I'm a little confused I don't see our comic up... have they not all been posted yet?
\'Ello...

« Reply #891 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:01 AM »
no not all of the comics are up yet....only comics with both sides uploaded were posted after the deadline for some reason....and then Angie prolly went to sleep....I had already helped as much as I could with what little had been posted before I had long since gone to bed before waking up and coming to work

deadline is the deadline for submissions not neccesarily when they will be posted.....comics are posted as fast as we can given our RL responsibilities

Because I'm getting PM'd very frequently and seeing it in battle comments a lot more often, I figured I'd post this friendly reminder.

Remember that Wei and I are human and have work/college/sleep, we're not always awake to put battles up. Seeing "omg why isn't this up yet?!" when I wake up in the morning in my inbox or battle comments makes me sad. So yeah, please don't do it. The battle posting process is not automated and a person has to be at the computer to put it up, so asking when it's going to go up will not make the process go any faster.

If there is ever a problem with a side causing a delay, I will always post in the battle comments if something is going on.

So yeah, I understand it's exciting for your battles to go up, I still get excited when I put my own up. But just chill, read a book, write a poem, take a walk down a trail in the forest, etc. and your battle will come when the morning sun rises and Wei and Angie reemerge from their Volcano that's located at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean to face another day. Be patient, we will love you for it.

everything we have will be up in another 7 hours if not sooner......some of us live in very different time zones including people who help run the site
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010, 07:51 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #892 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:04 AM »
Ok yeah I'm sorry I know you guys have a lot to do... I'm just very paranoid and was afraid I didn't upload them correctly. Thank you very much.
\'Ello...

« Reply #893 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:17 AM »
Its all cool guys. :)

« Reply #894 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:38 AM »

I was about to raise my hand, but there's actually a cane-to-forehead that could count as a strike... :-\
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #895 on: Aug 02, 2010, 07:39 AM »
Oh man I'm nerves, me and drunkenstyle are so close with our %'s IT CAN STILL GO EITHER WAY!

« Reply #896 on: Aug 02, 2010, 08:23 AM »

I had threats of physical violence, but that's about it. High five!

« Reply #897 on: Aug 02, 2010, 08:23 AM »
All comics are now up. Sadly there were a big chunk of defaults in the last batch of comics
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #898 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:27 AM »
QUESTION: Is it OK now to post my comic on other art site's like DeviantArt? Or do i have to wait till the voting period is over?

« Reply #899 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:29 AM »
QUESTION: Is it OK now to post my comic on other art site's like DeviantArt? Or do i have to wait till the voting period is over?

Not until voting is over. All information on battles can be found in this handy topic I made http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11345.0
Kittens wearins mittens

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

456 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us