The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #725 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Script: DONE
Pages Total: ~15
Pages Thumbed: 9
Pages Bluelined: 6
Pages Inked: ~1

I hit it hard the first day, but it's getting harder and harder to keep myself focused on it.  Already trimmed the script down to lighten the load, but man do I burn out quickly...  I need a slave driver or something to crack a whip, keep me goin!

« Reply #726 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:02 PM »
1st page is completely finished. Second page is about to get inked.
School shits taking up all my time.

« Reply #727 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:19 PM »
haha i know the feeling, i've got some commissions and school shit that gets in the way at times too and it's just like auughh fuck off lemme do comix
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #728 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:20 PM »
I've got 7 sketched and one or two more left to sketch, gonna start cleaning them up tonight. I hope to get to colouring by Thursday Night/Friday.

College has been busyyyyyyy

« Reply #729 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:24 PM »
damn you guys are fast. I need to step it up a bit.

« Reply #730 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Seriously, 10-15 pages? You guys are crazy! Even if you complete them on time, you're gonna be way too tired for the next round!

I'm only doing five and just focusing on keeping them as high quality a possible. I only just finished page 1 last night.

« Reply #731 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:37 PM »
What base said!
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

« Reply #732 on: Jul 28, 2010, 05:14 PM »
oh yeah i know i need to work on condensing my shit haha

after this i think i'm gonna try my best to consolidate my stories in shorter amounts
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #733 on: Jul 28, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Seriously, 10-15 pages? You guys are crazy! Even if you complete them on time, you're gonna be way too tired for the next round!

I'm only doing five and just focusing on keeping them as high quality a possible. I only just finished page 1 last night.

That's really the biggest hurdle of this event.  I'm trying to keep things as simple and quick as possible, but I still want pacing and structure.  Not that you can't do that in 3 pages, but that's beyond my ability at this point.  I could do a 3 page LOLRANDOM quickie, but for me that would not be a quality comic.

« Reply #734 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:08 PM »
bleh, started my comic with 12 pages in mind. luckily today i ended up not having fun with the story so now i have it shorter and a better flow.
 Just don't expect witty dialog. There's no wit here! B:

« Reply #735 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Script is done, 2/5 pages are inked and ready to be scanned. Slept in 'til 1:30 today because I stayed up too late inking, hopefully gonna be back on track soon. Kinda frustrated by my lack of foundations skills, but so far I'm pleased with my stylistic efforts and panel placement. Hopefully the comic will be worth more than the sum of its parts- I'm not aiming for action this time around, but hopefully it'll still be interesting.

« Reply #736 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Well, Void is here for learning! I probably learned more here than my time in art college haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #737 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:52 PM »
6/6 pages bluelined. 4/6 pages penciled. 3/6 pages coloured. 2/6 pages inked. In order of process.

@o@
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #738 on: Jul 28, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Well, Void is here for learning! I probably learned more here than my time in art college haha

Haha, that's exactly why I joined! I go to a medium-sized university, but it allows me to take a wide variety of classes in addition to my fine arts courses, which I'll actually be starting this semester along with a 3D animation course. Needless to say, I am super-stoked.

« Reply #739 on: Jul 28, 2010, 07:53 PM »
I can't believe some of you are doing like 15 pages!

I'm working two jobs right now; but I'm still gonna try and squeeze out six... I have all the pages thumbed and bluelined, just have to finish inks, editing, and lettering!

« Reply #740 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:37 PM »
I'm sort of using this as an opportunity to work on stuff I need help on, like storytelling, coloring, inking, digital media...everything.
Almost done with lines, but there's some stuff I'd like to rework. Still working on the final page, and I'm hoping to have enough time to try and color this

« Reply #741 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:49 PM »
 This looks like this tourney is gonna be some good stuff...I have to say though that I cant bring myself to root for the character named Dreadnought, which is what Dreds name is based off of,
dread·nought   /ˈdrɛdˌnɔt/  Show Spelled[dred-nawt]  
–noun
1. a type of battleship armed with heavy-caliber guns in turrets: so called from the British battleship Dreadnought,  launched in 1906, the first of its type.
Obviously for his ablility to create weapons out of his arms.

Sorry..there can be only one Dreds in this town..

« Reply #742 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:59 PM »
I have 8 pages, 7 left to go and then I'll slap all my text on them. I sketched in my sketches where the bubbles and stuff would be so its all clear for me on that front. But I got one completely done, inked, coloured. So if I do 2 a day I can make this no problem!

« Reply #743 on: Jul 28, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I got my script done and 1 out of 6 pages completed. Seeing how everyone's doing like at least a dozen pages I'm starting to think it's gonna be relatively small... but it's a good six pages I swear!

« Reply #744 on: Jul 28, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Quality over quantity, huh? I'm going the other way. I'm making 102 pages that if you click the "next" button really fast, it looks like a stick figure riding a horsey. It's a can't-fail plan because it works against all of my opponents no matter what their shtick is!

« Reply #745 on: Jul 28, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Or your tech savvy opponent can just make a 102 frame gif and post up one page and have the lazy user not need to click at all! hahaha.

« Reply #746 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I think I'm going for 4-5 pages now instead of 7, Im just not going to make it other wise.

« Reply #747 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:27 AM »
Orange, buddy, I really need you to not give ideas to my opponent here. If stick-cowboy gets countered I'm screwed.

I have faith in you btw Otamie!

« Reply #748 on: Jul 29, 2010, 08:39 AM »
I started drawing, got three pages in and realised the story was trash and had to start again.

Luckily i have tomorrow off of work, so lots of time to make up for lost time.

« Reply #749 on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I just realized, this is the first comic I've ever drawn with guns. It feels weird.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

243 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us