The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #700 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:58 PM »
I'm lookin at 11 pages here.

It's turbo time.

« Reply #701 on: Jul 27, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Sooool... My boyfriend didn't pay the Internet bill and is out of town and won't get paid til the first. I literally have NO MEANS of getting my battle uploaded by then. I'm fine with defaulting but if I could get a day or two extension, I'd be forever grateful ; ;

Ps. On my itouch stealing unsecured wifi

« Reply #702 on: Jul 27, 2010, 12:27 AM »
Turbo time. Lulz. Nice!

« Reply #703 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:46 AM »
I'm making steady progress. I've got the first and second page laid out and inked, I'm doing all my lettering by hand

...also iTouch sounds dirty.
GodhelpmeImgiggling
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #704 on: Jul 27, 2010, 02:14 AM »
Sooool... My boyfriend didn't pay the Internet bill and is out of town and won't get paid til the first. I literally have NO MEANS of getting my battle uploaded by then. I'm fine with defaulting but if I could get a day or two extension, I'd be forever grateful ; ;

you can put the files either on a flash drive or your itouch, then email/upload them from any starbucks, which now boasts free wifi for everyone.

« Reply #705 on: Jul 27, 2010, 04:32 AM »
Um... I'm prolly late to the party with this but....Um... yeah! Cover art for the match.

Got the pages mapped out, but i'm still undecided what style I should go with >:I
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 05:27 AM by Mo Rice »
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

« Reply #706 on: Jul 27, 2010, 05:53 AM »
YESSSSSS OH MAN dude I am excited for this battle, it's gonna be friggin' awesome!

« Reply #707 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:05 AM »
I've thumbnailed about 5 pages, which was the minimum I could fit the script I wanted into. Had to get creative with the panelling but I think it'll turn out pretty nice. Got about 90% of page 1 done, but it's the one with the most panels/content, so hopefully the rest will be a little bit easier for me to churn out. After I complete my pages, I'll try to pull together a hype page too, but who knows! Really depends on how much time I have.

Super excited for all this. My only hope is that no one defaults in round 1, that would be spectacular.

« Reply #708 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:28 AM »

you can put the files either on a flash drive or your itouch, then email/upload them from any starbucks, which now boasts free wifi for everyone.

Make sure you go before 2 and get yourself a treat receipt too so you can get a super cheap iced drink and draw a fuckton
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #709 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:43 AM »
Going the long way around and scripting first. Did some panels to start out but have a good idea of where to go with it. Heres to the last 6 days.

« Reply #710 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:16 AM »
My only hope is that no one defaults in round 1, that would be spectacular.

If anyone DOES default, Sofa King will be inserted in their place for Round 2... since I TOTALLY screwed that up by not including him initially.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #711 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:21 AM »
My only hope is that no one defaults in round 1, that would be spectacular.

If anyone DOES default, Sofa King will be inserted in their place for Round 2... since I TOTALLY screwed that up by not including him initially.

Actually, the only situation that would merit an open space for him would be one fight with a double default. Otherwise, a default on one side of a fight and not the other would simply result in a win for the guy who turned in.

You're probably gonna have to insert him into a fight in round 2 and make it a 3-way.

« Reply #712 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:41 AM »
Thing is--the only Starbucks within walking distance (bf took the car) is in a safeway and there's no wifi. And I don't have a laptop

« Reply #713 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Ew that's because it's a ghetto licensed store.  A library? A campus? Do you have a thumb drive? Any friends around you that'd let you use their computer for an hour?
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #714 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I might, but my phone is dead and hopefully my new charger gets in before the 1st that I can call a friend. That's all I got really. I might be able to email my pages from my phone if they're less than 300kb in size each. Who should I email it to?

« Reply #715 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Just toss them at angieness@gmail.com or toast@entervoid.com probably best to toss them at both of us just incase
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #716 on: Jul 27, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Drawing a comic with a single inverted character feels weird. XD

« Reply #717 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:18 PM »
YESSSSSS OH MAN dude I am excited for this battle, it's gonna be friggin' awesome!

DISCO DISCO DISCO, oh chyeah!!!!
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

« Reply #718 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Two pages done, working on a couple more tonight.  Look forward to it!  I may make a cover if I have time.

« Reply #719 on: Jul 27, 2010, 01:47 PM »
 8)

« Reply #720 on: Jul 27, 2010, 02:03 PM »
all these title pages look really cool, I'd like to do one too though I'm not sure if I have time...

« Reply #721 on: Jul 27, 2010, 02:49 PM »
If you're unsure, I'd advise against it. They look pretty, but in the end your odds of continuing to the next round are going to weigh more on a finished comic than a finished cover. Just my opinion.

« Reply #722 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:28 PM »
you also get three (3) super-omega-unicorn point for the cover.

...yeah, as useless as it sounds, since they're never contabilized.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #723 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:26 PM »
I may not be going to Otakon afterall.  If not, I'm going to have a probably somewhat better entry, but even if I do go, my entry is nearly done.  It's by far my best work ever. 

« Reply #724 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:34 PM »
how're y'all doing progress wise? i'm 2 and a half pages into my main page bluelines, shooting for 10-12 by friday so i can begin final pencils/inks

an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

289 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 295.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us