« Reply #678 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:36 PM »
a hundred
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #679 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I'm at 7 pages now, lets first try if that is doable XD

« Reply #680 on: Jul 26, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I worry I'm falling behind then. I've worked out two very different scripts that branch in two opposite directions. They're both lacking a little of what the other has so I'm trying to find a middle ground... I haven't tried to draw Mortimerr yet. XD

« Reply #681 on: Jul 26, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Actually, Wei, I agree with you. Honestly, I think we should start randomizing random rounds so this doesn't happen. Later ones though. Early ones might be a hassle, but when we get fewer people, it wouldn't be so bad.

And Sofa, it's probably because Crimson missed you when making it. Probably because his signature on the forums is massive.

Unless there was a battle posted out of order I don't think I missed it. I made the match-ups just scrolling down the upcoming battles page, not injecting my own order or anything. I actually have the match-ups separated to individual layers in the .psd because I figured the rounds were already random. That way I would just rearrange the brackets as they're announced.

Honestly didn't mean to start causing problems.

As for my form sig, I'm totally compensating.

Good luck everyone.

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #682 on: Jul 26, 2010, 05:47 PM »
I assumed it was all going to be random with the winners of each round having their names thrown back into the hat. I kind of like the excitement of having no idea who you're going to be paired up against!

« Reply #683 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Teaser covers seem to be in, this season.
I have no other excuse.  8)

"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #684 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:28 PM »
!!!

Awesome! Now I have to do one!... After some more thumbnails. I just decided on a final script a few minutes ago. XD

« Reply #685 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Quality over quanity for me.  Only doing 5-7 pages.

« Reply #686 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Quality over quanity for me.  Only doing 5-7 pages.

THIS. Don't get carried away and burn yourselves out, guys! Doing 20 pages in one week, even if you manage to pull it off, is pretty draining. I'd rather see you guys do three solid pages every round than 15 awesome ones this week and default the next. Definitely do your best work, but remember that you've got a few rounds to work past this one too.

« Reply #687 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Some of us do. I have to admit, I do feel a drive to make this comic in particular of good quality. Boek doesn't have some of the cool "hooks" that a lot of the other characters do, so I'm a little worried about finding opponents to play with after I get eliminated from the tourney. That being said, I dunno how long it'll take me to make a page so I'm aiming for about 6 pages right now. Just want to be sure whatever I make is finished.

« Reply #688 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:10 PM »
That's what open challenges are for.  If someone has an open challenge just take it up, or put yourself out there with an open challenge.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to fight and who are willing to fight.

« Reply #689 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Hey as long as you can carry a concept and personality anything is possible.

« Reply #690 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:44 PM »
alright. totally psyched. let's do this.

« Reply #691 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Some of us do. I have to admit, I do feel a drive to make this comic in particular of good quality. Boek doesn't have some of the cool "hooks" that a lot of the other characters do, so I'm a little worried about finding opponents to play with after I get eliminated from the tourney. That being said, I dunno how long it'll take me to make a page so I'm aiming for about 6 pages right now. Just want to be sure whatever I make is finished.

You don't need hooks or gimmicks to find opponents. As long as you write him well as an interesting character, you will always have people interested in throwing down with you. And if he's not an interesting character, well, that begs the question of why you're using him in the first place.

« Reply #692 on: Jul 26, 2010, 09:03 PM »
I love getting this 'must work harder and make awesome comics' vibe from everyone :P Granted, mine will be an average 5 pages or so, but still. Keeps you motivated ;D

Boek doesn't have some of the cool "hooks" that a lot of the other characters do, so I'm a little worried about finding opponents to play with after I get eliminated from the tourney.

No need to worry when you haven't even asked yet. I'd fight you if we don't meet up in this or anything. :)

« Reply #693 on: Jul 26, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I have a script that I'm satisfied with (granted, if I knew it was going to be a 32 page comic I'd have a bigger script but...) though the script is written like a short story. So I may need to do some creative editing to get it to six pages. Right now I'm working on a cover page though so I can be one of the cool kids.

« Reply #694 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:19 PM »
It took me all day to ink my first page, but I'm super-pleased with how it turned out. I missed working with traditional ink and pencil- this feels so right. Now all I gotta do is find an easy way to scan it and then I can color it- but that might be getting a bit too fancy...

« Reply #695 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I love getting this 'must work harder and make awesome comics' vibe from everyone :P Granted, mine will be an average 5 pages or so, but still. Keeps you motivated ;D

Boek doesn't have some of the cool "hooks" that a lot of the other characters do, so I'm a little worried about finding opponents to play with after I get eliminated from the tourney.

No need to worry when you haven't even asked yet. I'd fight you if we don't meet up in this or anything. :)
me too! I think I'm going to end up fighting picking a fight with tons of people from this tournament if I don't match up with them! Also, I've clocked in at 5 pages. I'll make these the spiffiest pages I ever spiffed yet!

« Reply #696 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:37 PM »
I have a script that I'm satisfied with (granted, if I knew it was going to be a 32 page comic I'd have a bigger script but...) though the script is written like a short story. So I may need to do some creative editing to get it to six pages. Right now I'm working on a cover page though so I can be one of the cool kids.

I know how you feel. I wrote a pretty long script and now I have to cut a bunch of crap out so I can actually draw it in a week.
Shit sucks.

« Reply #697 on: Jul 26, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Not only do I wanna second the quality over quantity sentiment, covers should really be an after thought to the actual comic itself. Especially with the deadline you've got to work with.

« Reply #698 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Do we have to have a cover?

« Reply #699 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:08 PM »
No. It's just a flair thing.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

422 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us