Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #450 on: Jul 23, 2010, 02:10 PM »
100x100 px is safe.

« Reply #451 on: Jul 23, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I'm lovin these new VC citizens.

« Reply #452 on: Jul 23, 2010, 02:51 PM »

His abilities were what was observed by the military, so they weren't aware of his limitations. I should have specified on how they work. He only uses the teleportation for interstellar travel and can only do it a couple of times before it drains his power, pretty much the same principle for all his powers. He is limited in how often he can do these things in one setting,its how he uses what he has that makes him interesting. I should have been a bit more clear about that. I had no intention of creating a character that was overpowered ;D

Ah now that makes more sense XD. You should include this in your ref sheet cause if i were to fight him, and you would not have said that, then I'd make him teleport all over the place and rip the city apart with his gravity powers. 8DDD

« Reply #453 on: Jul 23, 2010, 03:55 PM »

I'm back

« Reply #454 on: Jul 23, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Due o brutal time constraints my entry's not as well done as I'd have liked... however better to at least try then to be a crying emo and do nothing.

Nideras Vi'Orizien "The Fleshcarver"

Initially a shy, introverted youth... Until the world ended.  Nowdays, he finds himself wandering in search of interesting test subjects for his mad science.  His favorite activities include long strolls along the beach, fine dining, and cutting people open to figure out what makes them tick.

Personality: Typically a trollish jerk; he can be nice when he wants to be, or it can profit him in some way. Your best bet is to be disgustingly small and adorable.

Combat: He's not much for face to face fighting, and would much rather be sneaky and shank his opponent from behind, or otherwise ambush them. Unless he's at the advantage, he tends to be a rather evasive coward. The closest things he has to weapons are a few surgical tools (lol), and several of the chemicals he keeps at his hip.

Misc: This rat-bastard has a near crippling fear of squishy slimy worms. Things like giant earthworms, and larvae have him reduced to a screeching little girl. Also, rather weak to "cute" things like animals and small children.

His dayjob has him carving markings into people, and imbuing them with special properties. This has a habit of ending up being some form of ironic justice, trolling, or just plain unintentionally exploding in his client's face. If he offers his services, your best bet is to run FAST and never look back.

« Reply #455 on: Jul 23, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Ah now that makes more sense XD. You should include this in your ref sheet cause if i were to fight him, and you would not have said that, then I'd make him teleport all over the place and rip the city apart with his gravity powers. 8DDD
Good call, consider it done. also I've replaced the original icon I posted for Blackbird with a smaller version encase a moderator would like to replace the ghastly behemoth on page 1 :P
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010, 04:41 PM by Atomicjohn »

« Reply #456 on: Jul 23, 2010, 04:25 PM »
I think it gives him a sense of power. I'm half tempted to see if I can get Boek's Icon replaced with a 400 x 400 image.

« Reply #457 on: Jul 23, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Haha, gotta love the last minute rush!  Such an awesome, varied group.  This is gonna be a blast!  Looking forward to seeing the real last minute joiners.

« Reply #458 on: Jul 23, 2010, 05:42 PM »

Bio: Marie was raised by her mother's best friend, after her mother 'disappeared'. She's spent the last sixteen years moving around from city to city. Her 'father' has tried to keep her sheltered from the reality of what she is. For the most part she's pretty innocent to the dangers of the world she inhabits.
Marie is timid, for the most part, and easily frightened, though she's actually quite curious, once she's settled down.

Abilities: Shape shifting-Marie can turn into whatever animal she wants, though they will always appear white with pale blue eyes.  She's clumsy, no matter what shape she's in, and often finds herself injured because of it. She's been known to cry over a skinned knee.

I have a go-for-broke page here. I still have to work on environments(and animals, sweet god).
Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Formerly destructivenix

« Reply #459 on: Jul 23, 2010, 05:56 PM »
List updated! 40 people! Orion still needs to submit
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #460 on: Jul 23, 2010, 06:38 PM »
My character entry, Pi has been constantly reminding me of the deadline.  Proof of arts: http://shojintakaru.deviantart.com/

More recent stuff: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Shojin/School%20Work/Quach_61.jpg

Name: Ivan Reinhardt

Occupation: Acrobat, Juggler (Diabolo), All-round circus performer

Place of Residence: Reinhardt's Circus Extraordinare (Once a traveling circus)

Ivan is one of the youngest star performers in the circus troupe run by his family.  He has been performing since he was a small tot, pretty much learning to do flips before he can even walk.  Being an all-rounder, he can perform various agility and acrobatic acts, but his forte is in juggling Diabolo act.

His family has moved to Void and have decided to settle and become a permanent entertainment attraction in the city of Void.  Being a naturally curious child, he's keen on exploring everything about his new environment.  He'll often skip out on practice and school to play around and inadvertently cause mischief which usually lands him in a lot of trouble.

Ivan isn't completely defenseless however, he can use his small size and acrobatic ability to get himself out of harms way and if need be, he can use his Diabolos to inflict damage even if they are usually used for performance purposes.

Steel Diabolo - specially designed for fire/pyro acts
Red Diabolo - varies in weight, typical diabolo used
Blue Diabolo - lightest of the 3 used for longer air time

If Diabolo's aren't readily available he can use anything the resembles a spool.  He can juggle a max of 5-6 at a time and working on getting more, but his usual is 3.  Rods used to juggle are made of a light weight steel with a thin flexible wire.

« Reply #461 on: Jul 23, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Hooray, a younger kid for Boek to make friends with.

« Reply #462 on: Jul 23, 2010, 06:48 PM »
More kids for dreadnought to swallow whole.

« Reply #463 on: Jul 23, 2010, 07:28 PM »
More kids for Nevermore to unintentionally give nightmares to.

« Reply #464 on: Jul 23, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Me likey poom poom!
Aye ma, turn around turn around....ooooooweeee!!! Aye ma, let me lick yo butt!!!

« Reply #465 on: Jul 23, 2010, 07:49 PM »
List updated! 40 people! Orion still needs to submit

Yeah have some adjustments to work out. But I will get it in now sweat.

« Reply #466 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Yay more kids with easy souls to steal!
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #467 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Woah, so many entrants! How long is this tournament gonna go...?

« Reply #468 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Yay more kids with easy souls to steal!

Yay more comics with child abuse... I mean, wait.. what?

But man, LOTS OF PEOPLE NOW. This should be fun :3

« Reply #469 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:09 PM »
I'm hyping this more than pretty much anything.  I really can't wait to see who I'm paired with in round one.  I can name quite a few I'm extremely interested in, but I probably won't get paired with them.  Either way, this will be fun!

« Reply #470 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Holy shit this got big quick.

« Reply #471 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Yikes! Who let these kids in here?!

« Reply #472 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:05 PM »

Is it wrong to read that in the voice of the Heavy Weapons Guy?

« Reply #473 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Hi I'm new! Hope all this works

I have junk art: http://jethro-tullzy.deviantart.com/
I tried to make an intro comic to go with this entry to challenge myself. I've posted it on my deviantart, also because of the lack of comic stuff I have on there.
ANYHOW:

character: "Turtle"

The boy known to his classmates as Turtle (due to his uncorrectable slouch and uninterested attitude) grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere, USA, until his entire town was invaded, sedated, and abducted by a group of drunk, intergallactic frat aliens. Thanks to his trial ADD meds, which cancelled out the affect of the sedatives, Turtle singlehandedly rescued the town and expelled the collegiate aliens in his panicked frenzy.
Turtle was then seen as neurotic to family and friends, describing a mass abduction of the town and alien puke in vivid detail, which no one else could remember. He his family moved to Void City for a change of pace from stagnant suburban life. The "excitement" of the city only made Turtle more wary of the people around him, going out only when forced by his mother to "make some friends in the neighborhood!". He now suspects a large part of the population are alien and out to get him.

Turtle dislikes speaking, adding a smart-assed comment only when appropriate. He refuses to cut the bangs in front of his eyes. After his first run ins with nonhuman creatures in Void City, he always wears a tinfoiled helmet to protect him from alien mind control (the movies and books said so). He also has a metal baseball bat, which he keeps at his side at all times. He believes a majority of what he sees in sci-fi horror movies.

personality
Turtle is nervous around strangers, although when at ease, becomes lethargic, and gets easily sidetracked. His first reaction in a dangerous situation is to panic and run, but when pushed into a corner, will utilize his surroundings and resourcefulness to get himself out. HATES aliens.

Now to upload to the main site!

« Reply #474 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:15 PM »

Is it wrong to read that in the voice of the Heavy Weapons Guy?

Entire roster is babies!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

416 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us