The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #375 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Haha. Someone FINALLY decides to show up  ::). I was wondering when you would post :D

D: A lot of people want me in on this it seems! So why the hell not? It's after the WfA battle anyways.. so yay!

« Reply #376 on: Jul 21, 2010, 02:51 AM »
Runic, why haven't i heard of you yet? That character is awesome!

Interesting possibilities in store for fights with anyone that uses magic of any sort...

« Reply #377 on: Jul 21, 2010, 03:21 AM »
RUNIQUE!

« Reply #378 on: Jul 21, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Ugh, I hate to say this but I'm VERY worried.  I want to do this tournament no matter what, but I'm already preregistered for Otakon.  That's not to say I can't work on my entry while I'm there, but isn't the first entry due on the 1st?  I have no way of uploading till like the 2nd.  I leave on the 28th, so I would only have 2 days at most to submit my entry before then.  I get back on the 1st, but probably late at night, possibly early on the 2nd.  Can anyone help me out?

« Reply #379 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Well i hope late is better than never
also Sirius has a point , i am also going to Otakon but i also still want to participate in the tournament.

NILES

Niles was born a orphan in a Transient Kingdom . But As he grew older he worked hard toward one goal of becoming apart of the Royal knights the Queen's personal Guard. after joining the kingdom's military ,after countless missions and after many awards/military decorations he was finally became a part of the royal family's personal Guard .but during the queen's knighting for her personal guard there us rebel uprising attacked.That day Niles received his first and last orders as a royal knight...
Niles fled to Void city after the rebellion in hopes to start a new life, thanks to his military recored he easily got a job as a VCPD Enforcer.

+remarkable agility
+expert swordfighter: able to perform rather ridiculous feats with his swords/any blade
 -hates gunslingers and  people with Big Fucking Sword
 -doesn't care for furries or animals
 -hates people who complain

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010, 05:33 AM by Sofa King »

« Reply #380 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:32 AM »
27 entrants so far! Sageby and Theo still need to submit
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #381 on: Jul 21, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Sweet!

« Reply #382 on: Jul 21, 2010, 12:29 PM »
This is gonna be a blast!

« Reply #383 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:19 PM »
I'm so glad that so many people signed up for this tournament.

« Reply #384 on: Jul 21, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Submitted.
I got a sudden urge to kill someone just now!

« Reply #385 on: Jul 21, 2010, 02:16 PM »
27 entrants so far! Sageby and Theo still need to submit

I made my icon, just need to finish inking and coloring my character sheet. I don't have to submit an intro comic to the board, right?

« Reply #386 on: Jul 21, 2010, 02:20 PM »
You don't have to submit an intro comic for the competition :D

« Reply #387 on: Jul 21, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Alright! I posted in the incubator twice with this same character, but after some time, the topic died (twice) and I never actually finished his intro comic. But with the Void Invitational, I can bring R to Void. :D Here's the copypasta image from the last topic that died. Also updated bio.

Here's the ref sheet for him (link, cause I don't like stretching forums):

R was a normal human (of normal name) who was raised in a "human utopia." His city was not racist or discriminatory to anything or anyone, as long as it was human. He grew up with the same mentality of all the citizens: furries, robots, and anything else inhuman that claimed to be civil and knowledgeable is wrong. He did, however, end up studying paleontology in the city's college. It was there where he suffered a radioactive change into the raptor/lizard creature he is now. After escaping his city during the same night, R spent his life wandering from city to city, getting kicked out and attacked just for being a-- uh, raptor-lizard-human-thing. This brings him to Void, where he hopes he can survive the onslaught of anthropomorphic hatred. Little does he know how bad Void really is.

R's powers and abilities are centered around his 3-fingered right hand, where the radioactivity mainly absorbed into his body. My pushing the palm of this hand to a person's cranium, he absorbs any DNA which grants the user special powers. This makes his arm transform into the opponent's arm and allows him to copy certain powers.

R has very little training for combat or self-defense. He does, however, have two large talons sticking out of his feet at all times.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010, 07:33 AM by Punk Jax »

« Reply #388 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:56 AM »

Abura Oribu

Go Dobutsu-Kai was a typical classic action anime, about a man who saved the world with his power to shapeshift into any animal. His trusty sidekick was Abura Oribu, a girl with more-than-basic technological smarts, but quite obviously a token female character used to bring in female viewers. Her role on the show was basically to sit there and look pretty, and sometimes give moral support to the hero. After decades of being a subservient background character, she'd had enough. She split from the show and went out to prove to herself that she can be independent and bold and experiment with life. She wants to do everything she could never do before, and is trying her hardest to break free from her "character", although she sometimes reverts back to her naive cutesy anime persona. She'll curse, smoke, drink, and try anything in order to break free from what she used to be.

« Reply #389 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Wow, I love this concept! The idea just makes me laugh out loud.

« Reply #390 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:24 AM »
I have to second that. This has all kinds of fun potential.

« Reply #391 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:41 AM »
Vanilla's awesome character.
YES. Win everywhere. Vanilla's bringing the good shit.

« Reply #392 on: Jul 22, 2010, 10:08 AM »
C'mon Theo... you gotta submit.

Also, Last Minute Membership Drive. You guys sure you told EVERYONE? Just like 2 more days.

And glad you could come, nils.

« Reply #393 on: Jul 22, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Can anyone answer my question, or atleast tell me whether the first entry is due on the 1st or the 2nd?

« Reply #394 on: Jul 22, 2010, 04:39 PM »
this is lookin to be better and better, I can only hope I make the cut

« Reply #395 on: Jul 22, 2010, 04:58 PM »
EDIT: Added icon, too, for good measure.

Here's the new character sheet!

And here's his bio:

"In the far-off land of Bodacia, nestled amongst the Mountains of Excellence, there exists an order of monks that reside in the Temple of Raditude. They call themselves brosefs, and dedicate their lives to attaining enlightenment through the appreciation of the mundane and the badical alike. Leland is one such brosef, having lived most of his life among the other monks. Upon his 23rd birthday, the temple sends Leland out into the world to seek his personal nirvana- to complete his training, Leland must convert 108 wayward souls to the side of Righteousness. Seeking a place where such souls might gather, the young monk traverses the land, eventually reaching the majestic Void City. Now, Leland carries out his daily rituals of chillaxation and contemplation of existence, knowing that his opportunity will arrive sooner or later. Here's hoping that it comes sooner rather than later..."

-Calm, pleasant manner most of the time
-Habit words are "dude", "bro", and "excellent"
-Strong martial arts skills, like most stereotypical monks
-Extreme pacifist- will only use force under extreme conditions, if at all
-Favorite dish is mango rice
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010, 05:39 PM by Theo »

« Reply #396 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Make sure you submit him on the site Theo!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #397 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:11 PM »
I tried, but it said that the intro comic pages were missing- what do I do for those?

« Reply #398 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Put your design sheet in place of them instead :P

« Reply #399 on: Jul 22, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Ohh duh~ XD Submitted, then!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

281 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us