The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #350 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:59 AM »
(I don't if I am allow to say since I am not entered yet but...)

I found out about this place when I listened to an interview with the creators of the site on the Seqalab podcast about the site. As soon as I heard about the place I looked it up lurked a bit and then registered. I only heard about the Invitation via this very thread.  ;D

« Reply #351 on: Jul 18, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Hiemie was scouting for new blood on DA's Original character tournaments, and he send me a note among a lot of other peoples ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2010, 10:09 AM by otamie »

« Reply #352 on: Jul 18, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Hiemie was scouting for new blood on DA's Original character tournament, and he send me a note among a lot of other peoples ;)

ditto

« Reply #353 on: Jul 18, 2010, 10:11 AM »
haha this makes me like beef even more, this is a good idea! Might help make battles easier if we can get inside their heads a lil bit (i know itll help me)

i'll throw up a little somethin' about Pico, too

Thanks! Yeah i wanted to enrich Beef's personality a little more in order to make him more than only combat orientated. Now i really want to see what you will cook up for pico.  ;D

« Reply #354 on: Jul 18, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Ugh, the wait is killing me, to be honest.  Hyping this like a new Zelda or something.  Going to put my all into this.

« Reply #355 on: Jul 18, 2010, 11:34 AM »
(I don't if I am allow to say since I am not entered yet but...)

I found out about this place when I listened to an interview with the creators of the site on the Seqalab podcast about the site. As soon as I heard about the place I looked it up lurked a bit and then registered.

ooo, fantastic!  That's the kind of thing we're always hoping for, nice to know it actually works.

Welcome everyone, it won't be too much longer before our tournament gets underway!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #356 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Is everyone still getting in right now or has the number been messed up since?

« Reply #357 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Well, mind you we have 24 entrants HERE but we need everyone to submit through the site right now if we're gonna have the 24 that have signed up through the thread.

Otherwise, the number will drop to 16 and some people may not get in. And that would be sad. Maybe Toast will let some people have Byes in the first round so everyone can get in? I'll see what can be done to get as many people in as possible.

« Reply #358 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:29 PM »
There are also, as always, last minute entries, so I would expect there to be some of those and so the final tally will probably be different.

« Reply #359 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I already submitted my character trough the site. But i have no way of knowing if it came trough or not. Or is there?

« Reply #360 on: Jul 18, 2010, 12:51 PM »
Perhaps then the first post could be updated with the names in bold who have submitted? Just like with the SDT :3

« Reply #361 on: Jul 18, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Done! So far Sageby and Enaxon are the only people who haven't submitted
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #362 on: Jul 18, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Half of you guys know me already from Wizard World Chicago '07, so yeah.

Kind of would call myself a Vet without a character :)

« Reply #363 on: Jul 18, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm well aware there may be entrants between now and the end of the week which is why I put the words "right now" in my question.  ;)

So exciting, though I'm tempted to resubmit a design with a scarf to increase my chances.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2010, 02:48 PM by Cherubas »

« Reply #364 on: Jul 18, 2010, 03:08 PM »

Here's my icon so my name doesn't look so boring XD

« Reply #365 on: Jul 18, 2010, 03:24 PM »

Sweet, thanks :D! I can't wait to fight. So many cool characters.

« Reply #366 on: Jul 18, 2010, 03:35 PM »
goddammnnnn im getting excited haha

can't wait to do some fight comix with you guys :)
an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs

« Reply #367 on: Jul 18, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I've known about Void for a while, through Delya and a couple other artists I met on Deviantart. I had a character ready (Leland the Wandering Brosef), but I never finished submitting him properly, so when I heard about this invitational, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

I've still got the old character sheet, but I'm planning on drawing up a new one soon- I still have a few more days, right?

He's not getting a whole load of changes, I'm just tweaking the proportions a bit now that I'm a little more comfortable drawing him. He's gonna look a little more like this (apologies for the blurry photo):

One thing that's killing me right now is inking. I'm used to doing it in Photoshop with my Wacom, but I've been away for two months and I'm madly out of practice. It frustrates me that I can't get my digital inks to look as good as my pencil/pen sketches. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting back into the swing of things or improving my inks?

« Reply #368 on: Jul 18, 2010, 09:17 PM »

Was going to submit after I got his sequentials done, but I'm shooting for like full color and like stuff and I don't really wanna stress myself, so I'll be submitting soon (like a few days) before the deadline and see if I can make it.

Anyway--I joined VOID a few years ago referred by my friend, but really didn't take my art that seriously and got my fair share of rejections. Nibbles linked me to the invitational since I had sorta gave up on the place/forgotten etc. Now that I'm older, better and more serious about my art, well, I thought this would be an awesome idea.

« Reply #369 on: Jul 19, 2010, 04:54 AM »
One more weekkkk

« Reply #370 on: Jul 19, 2010, 07:29 AM »
One thing that's killing me right now is inking. I'm used to doing it in Photoshop with my Wacom, but I've been away for two months and I'm madly out of practice. It frustrates me that I can't get my digital inks to look as good as my pencil/pen sketches. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting back into the swing of things or improving my inks?

Angieness did a swell tutorial on using Tech Pens

http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=11131.0 check the VCU for awesome tips and tutorials

« Reply #371 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:07 PM »
So exciting! I think that Beef and Luna should be put against each other by default. It looks to me like those are the two everyone likes to draw most and there's not enough Beef and Luna to share with the whole class. :)

« Reply #372 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Welp, looks like they got my submission. Awesome. Now I hope I can keep that mojo up for next week. I have a fear of art fluctuation with my boyfriend leaving from tomorrow til August 12th, leaving just me and our dog with us.

Hahah. I've been drawing like mad recently, I should probably put some effort into fanarting some of our competitors.

Though I wonder who I'll have the privilege of facing off in round one.

I'll know in about a week, lol

« Reply #373 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Oh. Hello there.

Several people have convinced me... and it worked. Thanks you guys!

Anyway. Here is Ridley von Clayborne.

(It's not finished yet. Sorry! >_<)

Profile:

Details:
Eyes: Orange, and no pupils. A bit luminescence in the dark.
Height: 6' not counting the horns.
Weight: Now that's too personal.
Weapons: For now, just her fists. She has the rip and tear thing going on. Her fingers are fine clawed.
Her horns and her limbs (hands to elbow, feet to kneecap, limbs of wings) are of a hard shell-like substance that feather over her flesh at its start.

New to VOID city.
Ridley is a varachian. Which is basically of the demon nature without getting into specifics.
She can fly! But cannot swim. She has a bit of a phobia for deep water.
-Has a passive ability to nullify all kinds of magic around her.
-Has a chip on her shoulder attitude.
-Hot-headed.
-Aggressive
-Has a passion for getting into fights.
-Carries around a pipe and a certain spice that burns blue when she smokes it.
-Can emit a deafening screech when backed in a corner.

---
My art sites. You can see some WfA comic pages in here:
http://ragchow.deviantart.com/
Also sketches.
http://runicknight.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010, 07:24 AM by Runic »

« Reply #374 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Haha. Someone FINALLY decides to show up  ::). I was wondering when you would post :D

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

267 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us