The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #275 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Question:
If I submit through the site today using my design sheet for all fields just to make sure I don't forget, and then a week from now want to add intro pages is that possible or have I missed my opportunity at the time of submitting the character?

« Reply #276 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Question:
If I submit through the site today using my design sheet for all fields just to make sure I don't forget, and then a week from now want to add intro pages is that possible or have I missed my opportunity at the time of submitting the character?

Well, to get in, you really only NEED a design sheet in all fields. You can add the intro pages later, because I'm sure all the characters will come into existence around.... I think the 26th. PLus, you can always add your intro pages after you get in because you're free to edit your design sheet and introduction at any time.

« Reply #277 on: Jul 12, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Well, to get in, you really only NEED a design sheet in all fields. You can add the intro pages later, because I'm sure all the characters will come into existence around.... I think the 26th. PLus, you can always add your intro pages after you get in because you're free to edit your design sheet and introduction at any time.

You shouldn't have said that. I was gonna go for everything by the 24th. Ahhh.

Now to not get complacent.

« Reply #278 on: Jul 12, 2010, 02:18 PM »
dumb question: Is this still a tournament? I see every encouraging people to just submit a design sheet in and they're in, which may be overshadowing their weekly battling brackets that's to take place after the 24th.

I don't know if it was just me, but that week deadline was mean to execute on...let alone for the people who're kinda just new or don't really know the ropes to battling.

Or is the tournament not that big a deal as long as we get fresh heads?

« Reply #279 on: Jul 12, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Yeah it's still an actual tournament
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #280 on: Jul 12, 2010, 04:05 PM »
dumb question: Is this still a tournament? I see every encouraging people to just submit a design sheet in and they're in, which may be overshadowing their weekly battling brackets that's to take place after the 24th.

I don't know if it was just me, but that week deadline was mean to execute on...let alone for the people who're kinda just new or don't really know the ropes to battling.

It shall separate the meek from the men.

« Reply #281 on: Jul 12, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I'm ready. I'm gonna be Hokage some day. Believe it!

« Reply #282 on: Jul 12, 2010, 06:11 PM »
That is the attitude I like.

« Reply #283 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I'm ready. I'm gonna be Hokage some day. Believe it!

Oh yeah? Well I'm gonna find One Piece and become king of the pirates!

« Reply #284 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:06 PM »
One Piece>Naruto=Fact

Anyways, I've been preparing for this tournament by drawing perspectives/poses out of my comfort zone.  Trying to get a good feeling going so I can knock out pages real quick.  I can't wait, seriously.

« Reply #285 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Piercing the Heavens > Any other BS shonen reference you're gonna wanna ever make.

« Reply #286 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Piercing the Heavens > Any other BS shonen reference you're gonna wanna ever make.

Fuck yes.

Also, let it be said that everyone needs to submit a bio for their characters along with design sheets. We're all going to need to know about each-other's characters in more ways than just design in order to effectively represent each-other in comic form, people!

I look forward to reading about all the colourful characters we've seen so far, as well as all the rest yet to come :3

« Reply #287 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:05 PM »

Um, yes. Or 'Don't believe in yourself, but believe in me who believes in you'

TTGL > most animus

« Reply #288 on: Jul 12, 2010, 10:06 PM »

It shall separate the meek from the men.

And I've had a hankering for the meek lately eHEHEHHYUCK

« Reply #289 on: Jul 13, 2010, 12:49 AM »
Is the tournament going to start right on the 24th or do you give a few buffer days to set everything up?

Im currently in France learning animation from a mime, and i wont get back until the 24th ish:

« Reply #290 on: Jul 13, 2010, 01:55 AM »
surely you can think of a better excuse than that.

like we better be talking hot mimes here that pantomimed miyazaki films.

« Reply #291 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:02 AM »
It's likely the event won't start until the 26th because we typically have events start on Mondays. I'm not 100% sure, but that's when you should probably count on drawing time starting. We usually take a few days to pick who gets in and stuff over the weekend.

I will say this just so all the new people know...

Battles don't go up automatically. I'm usually the one that puts them up and sometimes I can't get the comics up until I get home from work since the deadline is up at 3 am my time. Since comics get put up manually it can take a little while, but I normally will always have the comics up within 24 hours of the deadline. Please don't ask why they aren't up or be like "OMG THIS NEEDS TO GO UP NOW" in battle comments since it won't make me get home from work faster. Also, if anyone turns in early, the comics won't go up early because all tournament battles have to go up at roughly the same time.

And if anyone has issues with uploading http://entervoid.com/board/index.php?topic=10641.0 when the time comes. I'll post a step by step on how to upload when drawing time starts.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010, 07:06 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #292 on: Jul 13, 2010, 07:58 AM »
But I can still turn in my comic pages early when their all done? Then I just have to wait right? Or should I post them just before the deadline anyway?

« Reply #293 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Do whatever you want so long as they're not late & don't look rushed.

Also, it's kind of frowned upon to post them anywhere else before the voting period on the battle ends. Once it's all said & done, it's cool to post them on your da's or blogs or what have you.

« Reply #294 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:10 AM »
@otamie

I imagine you can turn in your pages any time before the deadline, what Angie is saying is that they just won't be posted publicly till after the deadline so that eveyone's work is posted at once.

Also, I just wanted to know about the round schedule.  How much time will there be inbetween drawing periods for voting?  Will it just be a one week on, one week off kinda thing?

« Reply #295 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:47 AM »
Also, I just wanted to know about the round schedule.  How much time will there be inbetween drawing periods for voting?  Will it just be a one week on, one week off kinda thing?
Yes, one week drawing, voting starting the day after, next round of drawing starting the day after voting ends... until completion.

To answer WHEN the tournament will start, very likely on 07/26.  We'll be reviewing and approving characters following the deadline, randomizing brackets, then posting the match-ups on the Comics page of the main site to begin the tournament.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #296 on: Jul 13, 2010, 01:36 PM »

Not sure if I post the bio here too. I also have to submit this through the website right?

Deviant art:  http://dre0083.deviantart.com/

Art Blog: http://andreslabrada.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010, 06:41 PM by noir0083 »

« Reply #297 on: Jul 13, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Yes, submit to the main site.

This looks fantastic, can't wait to see her in action.

« Reply #298 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:51 PM »
She reminds me of Xena.

« Reply #299 on: Jul 13, 2010, 05:02 PM »
I'm glad I saw this because both my characters are dead and I've been thinking of making a new one.

Im currently in France learning animation from a mime, and i wont get back until the 24th ish:

Are you at Gobelins?  I was there last summer for Animation classes and Robert Bennett (the mime) was amazing. 
Cheese and Rice!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

299 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 307.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us