The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #50 on: Jun 28, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Because Chia-Hui cheated death.
By air

« Reply #51 on: Jun 28, 2010, 08:16 PM »
kudos to you guys for reaching out like this. I've been lurking for a few years now and even I am tempted.

edit: i'll throw this up on my DA account if it helps at all. I get a lot of hits per day from that WoW Meme, so I figure a couple of people with lots (see: fucktons) of free time might wanna jump at this opportunity.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 08:23 PM by CrimsonViper38 »

xD :] :I ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #52 on: Jun 28, 2010, 09:43 PM »
added the entrants so far into the first post. WHERE BE THE REST OF THE ENTRANTS?!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #53 on: Jun 28, 2010, 11:26 PM »
What am i, made out of magic and kittens? Give me some bloody time to prepare, GOD SERIOUSLY.
I got a sudden urge to kill someone just now!

« Reply #54 on: Jun 29, 2010, 12:06 AM »
I wanted to know, would it be better to exhibit a character in this tourney, or are we still allowed to just apply through the incubator and the approval committee n' all that?

And which would be a better idea?
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 12:08 AM by thebootstrap »

« Reply #55 on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Oh gosh, I hope I’m doing this right. @_@ Feel free to shoot me if not, or if this seems too cliché, or anything. Critique is welcome.

Liam
Currently attending Void University

Liam is a Ulfhednar (or Berserker) Werewolf who does not transform during a full moon like regular werewolves, but instead changes when faced with any type of overwhelming stress be it from emotional breakdowns, life-threatening situations, temper tantrums, etc. Liam has a very negative self image and trouble trusting people as he's had bad experiences with socializing before, especially with his condition, so he prefers to keep to himself. His werewolf self however embodies everything that Liam isn't in his human form. Where Liam is weak-willed, the werewolf is strong. Where he is passive or self-repressive, his werewolf self is aggressive and uninhibited.

*Forgive the lack of detail, but I'd like to keep things simple so people doesn’t have to read 3423402 paragraphs just for a 1 week battle, if that's okay with you guys.  I'll add more later if necessary.

--
DA gallery (old): http://himura-chan.deviantart.com/gallery/ /  Comic work (recent, different account): http://braindeadmareep.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2hhevf

I also have a few questions...
-When exactly can we submit to the site? Is anytime before the deadline on the 24th alright, or should we submit it specifically ON that date?
-And is it alright if I don't have my character's bio expressly on the reference sheet or should I add it on there?

Er, sorry for all the questions, I just want to get things right. :'D Thanks for your time!

« Reply #56 on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:58 AM »
Himura, that werewolf is so badass, we need to battle some time after the tourney if you get in. For the bio, you  might want to add if Liam can stand up on his hind legs or not (in his werewolf form, of corse.) I'm super excited about this tournameeeeent!

« Reply #57 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:04 AM »
I wanted to know, would it be better to exhibit a character in this tourney, or are we still allowed to just apply through the incubator and the approval committee n' all that?

Without knowing anything about your current skill level, the odds of getting in are much better through this tournament than normal means.

You may get more out of trying to go the normal route and all the comments and critiques you'd receive that way, or else you may get more from just jumping in and doing some comics.

Yer call.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #58 on: Jun 29, 2010, 06:06 AM »
I also have a few questions...
-When exactly can we submit to the site? Is anytime before the deadline on the 24th alright, or should we submit it specifically ON that date?
-And is it alright if I don't have my character's bio expressly on the reference sheet or should I add it on there?

Er, sorry for all the questions, I just want to get things right. :'D Thanks for your time!

you can submit anyitme before the 24th

the bio is to be included seperately when you submit your character thru the site.....don't paste it onto your design sheet

I would suggest you check out the main site for both the FAQ and the existing character profiles....this will better explain what is required
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 06:12 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #59 on: Jun 29, 2010, 06:24 AM »
(Quote was too big. But this is for himura) :D

What does he study? I mean his major and such? I only ask because my character is a post grad from college and I was wondering where these two stand as far as the schools of thought.

Also, slamming character sheet, I'd like to battle ya right after dimension in all seriousness. See you out on the Field. ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 05:15 PM by Orion »

« Reply #60 on: Jun 29, 2010, 07:48 AM »

In addition to Toast's response, it also depends how ready you think you are to take on a 1 week long battle. If you think you can handle it, awesome, join the tourney. But if not just go the regular way. Not everyone can do it, I know I sure as hell can't haha
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #61 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:25 AM »
Ai, I really don't care about the similarity...
Note-Wall of text coming up
I'll try and shorten it later

http://pwnt2j.deviantart.com/art/Bain-The-Pirate-Ninja-kid-140499398?q=1&qo=1
Bain Carter
Age 16
Primary Source of Power: His left eye. Through his left eye, he can control his scarf and use it like an extra pair of arms. Due to the compressed fabric, the smaller and tighter it gets the harder they hit. The farthest they can reach while attached to him is 100 feet. Once tightened they have the strength to lift 1 ton.
Uses include spring boards, extra pairs of arms, and parachute.
Other than fighting with his scarf his has little experience with hand to hand. Essentially he's a push over without it. His best asset is his speed, however his reflexes are usually impaired during stressful situations.
Alone he's loud and boisterous, enjoying cups of coffee and the occasional day time soap opera. He avidly watches Wendy Williams and generally watched Maury. Around people he's skittish and nervous, almost to the point where he might cry if someone's mad at him. He hates fighting people and prefers to run away or try and talk it out, using any path and method possible. Polite and extremely apologetic, he'll say bless you no matter how many times someone sneezes, and would continue to mutter it under his breath after someone asks him to stop. However, if there's a robot of giant monster its a completely different situation. He loves shows like Power Rangers and Kamen Rider, even to the point of collecting helmets just for the heck of it. Ever since he was ten, he would go out looking for big things to fight, mostly bear cubs and an old rumbly car he found abandoned. Despite his excitement, he still only goes as far as scaring away whatever monster he was fighting or just tries to knock it out.
http://pwnt2j.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010, 08:28 AM by pwnt2j »
Chivalry is dead, and quite frankly he's gotten a bit funky

« Reply #62 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:27 AM »
They should rename this to The Scarf Invitational

« Reply #63 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:30 AM »
They should rename this to The Scarf Invitational
Maybe we could start a gang
Scarf Newbies
Chivalry is dead, and quite frankly he's gotten a bit funky

« Reply #64 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:42 AM »
I hope the scarf guys fight.

« Reply #65 on: Jun 29, 2010, 08:48 AM »
Maybe I'll bring back Daedalus for this.  Just gotta find the time.

« Reply #66 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:06 AM »
now i wish all my character is dead
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #67 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:28 AM »
kill her

« Reply #68 on: Jun 29, 2010, 10:10 AM »
I advertised this on a separate forum which I frequent.

« Reply #69 on: Jun 29, 2010, 10:40 AM »
There isn't enough enchanted/living scarfs here.

« Reply #70 on: Jun 29, 2010, 02:47 PM »
And how was this year's SDT the biggest joke ever?

Double defaults. A three way, but then no three way when numbers are uneven again. A bye week for one member... but then that member defaults on his next fight. A double default again I think but can't be sure because the record of it is not even there at all for some reason? Deleted like it never happened.

« Reply #71 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:32 PM »

Double defaults. A three way, but then no three way when numbers are uneven again. A bye week for one member... but then that member defaults on his next fight. A double default again I think but can't be sure because the record of it is not even there at all for some reason? Deleted like it never happened.

It's all one big conspiracy to make you look silly.

« Reply #72 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:41 PM »

WE SHOULD LIKE, TOTALLY TALK ABOUT THE VOID INVITATIONAL, AND HOW GETTING A WHOLE BUNCH OF NEW PEOPLE IN WILL BE THE COOLEST THING EVER! :D
;-)

« Reply #73 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:53 PM »
OMG I NOES PHILL!

Keep the entries coming people :D I wanna see some exciting new fresh meat in Void!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #74 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Yay more people! When there are more I might make a cool banner or something once this current WFA round I'm in is over :D!

Cause every other tournie has banners haha, why not this one too ^^!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

297 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us