The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #25 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:09 AM »
Whoa, where's Khold when you need him
By air

« Reply #26 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:09 AM »
If he can stop playing TF2 long enough to work on art.

Video games are the worst thing that can happen to an artist.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #27 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:12 AM »
If he can stop playing TF2 long enough to work on art.

Video games are the worst thing that can happen to an artist.

Truth!

(especially when you start playing them somewhat competitively)

« Reply #28 on: Jun 25, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Pft... WEAKLINGS! I have 2 level 80s on WoW and raid on there but dammit I get comics done. You guys just need time management skills to still play games as well as get stuff done

And yes Pi, you would be eligible as you have no living characters unless I read the rules wrong. The same would go for any people who have just done the SDT and stuff.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #29 on: Jun 25, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Pft... WEAKLINGS! I have 2 level 80s on WoW and raid on there but dammit I get comics done. You guys just need time management skills to still play games as well as get stuff done

Agreee!!!! lvl 90 Raidcharacter on eq2, a void battle and a diploma :D, time management is all :D

« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2010, 08:27 AM »
Yay I'm not the only one :D for a lot of my friends they have to choose to play games or draw, don't have to choose when you can do both! I think I drew half of one of my battles while leveling fishing on WoW but in most cases of course you're not gonna do them at the same time

But yeah, any newcomers reading this thread you guys should post some links to examples of your work so we know what to expect!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Annnnd done. Okay just posted a journal on DA.

http://orionthemuse.deviantart.com/journal/

Also that connects to my DA account so that is another step down. Still trying to get the design phase done.  

Rockin' Roll!

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Just to be sure, these aren't deathmatches correct?

« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Nope, this is a totally non-death tournament. If you get accepted to play, you're here to stay.

« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Omg YES!!!!! I'm on this ;).
\'Ello...

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 PM »
I foresaw this and delayed my character entry, which I'm still working on. For realz.

« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Well I got nothing to lose, time to design a character.
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #37 on: Jun 26, 2010, 01:15 AM »
I'm down for this, be a good way to get back into the void scene.

« Reply #38 on: Jun 26, 2010, 03:53 AM »
I guess I'm going first with this haha. I won't submit to the main page yet, I might try and make some intro comics and/or tweak the descriptions some, but this is as good as it gets for now lol. Assuming we do this the same way as the SDT:

Orange, Luna

Edit: Oh, and as for a link to previous work I was in the SDT with Straps and I have an art topic floating around here somewhere.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2010, 03:47 PM by Orange »

« Reply #39 on: Jun 26, 2010, 06:43 AM »
Shawn and Dexter, Enef.

Will modify this when more is done.

http://enef.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2010, 09:18 AM by Enef »

« Reply #40 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:31 AM »
I've adverted this on my DA - I hope everyone in the universe joins!  8) Would make the selection process fun

« Reply #41 on: Jun 26, 2010, 09:39 AM »
This is SWEET!
I think you should have to NOT DEFAULT to get your character permanent in Void though. Anybody that makes it into the tourney but defaults at any point should not get an auto-in. That would keep this tourney pretty default free.

« Reply #42 on: Jun 26, 2010, 10:57 AM »
This would be interesting, hope to see more cool OCs like these ones ;)

« Reply #43 on: Jun 26, 2010, 02:58 PM »
I'll be that guy who everyone knows is either planted in the audience or really dense for restating what he's just been told, but...

We submit a design sheet and a bio and then when July 24th rolls around we're assigned an opponent out of the other design and bio guys for a one week battle? Can it really be that easy?

« Reply #44 on: Jun 26, 2010, 03:48 PM »
This is SWEET!
I think you should have to NOT DEFAULT to get your character permanent in Void though. Anybody that makes it into the tourney but defaults at any point should not get an auto-in. That would keep this tourney pretty default free.

I actually think this is kind of a good idea, some people might sign up just to get a character in and then default and still keep that character while bypassing everything else. I think its a great idea :)

« Reply #45 on: Jun 26, 2010, 04:34 PM »
We submit a design sheet and a bio and then when July 24th rolls around we're assigned an opponent out of the other design and bio guys for a one week battle? Can it really be that easy?

*To enter you need to post your character's name and design sheet in this topic and also submit them through the site (You must have an account and be logged in to make a character).... OR YOU AREN'T GETTING IN.

*Entry through the site must have a design sheet, a bio, and some proof or artistic skill.

*You have until July 24th to enter. A month is plenty of time to get your entry ready.

*It is recommended that you read the FAQ and check out the comics competiton in action to get a feel for the site.

New People should pay special attention to the specified requirements for Entry thru site......these are available in the FAQ on the Main Site.....and there are threads elsewhere in the forum for Uploading Files etc.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2010, 04:46 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #46 on: Jun 26, 2010, 08:13 PM »
This is SWEET!

I actually think this is kind of a good idea, some people might sign up just to get a character in and then default and still keep that character while bypassing everything else. I think its a great idea :)

Well, if someone thinks like that, they're just too lazy to do comics anyway and their score will suffer. Anyway, I think we shouldn't punish new people for defaulting like that. Let's say one nice guy defaulted for reasons beyond not being lazy. He might be awesome and legitimately interested in the site, but since he caught a raw deal, he loses the character he wanted to use.

We should be more welcoming, not punishing.

« Reply #47 on: Jun 26, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Thats a good point! I didn't think of it like that :3

« Reply #48 on: Jun 28, 2010, 02:39 PM »
This is SWEET!

Well, if someone thinks like that, they're just too lazy to do comics anyway and their score will suffer. Anyway, I think we shouldn't punish new people for defaulting like that. Let's say one nice guy defaulted for reasons beyond not being lazy. He might be awesome and legitimately interested in the site, but since he caught a raw deal, he loses the character he wanted to use.

We should be more welcoming, not punishing.

It wouldn't be a punishing thing. The artist could still do a 2 to 4 page intro and submit the character to the site regular style if he defaulted. I wasn't thinking he/she would be banned with that character for good, just wouldn't get an auto-in... but it's your idea, I just thought I'd throw that out there since I personnally hate defaults, hate tournaments that have defaults in them, and thought defaults turned this years SDT into one of the biggest jokes I've pretty much ever seen on Void. Just an idea though. Like I said, I realy do think it's one of the coolest ideas for an event on Void that I've seen!
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 02:42 PM by carlito »

« Reply #49 on: Jun 28, 2010, 07:21 PM »
It wouldn't be a punishing thing. The artist could still do a 2 to 4 page intro and submit the character to the site regular style if he defaulted. I wasn't thinking he/she would be banned with that character for good, just wouldn't get an auto-in... but it's your idea, I just thought I'd throw that out there since I personnally hate defaults, hate tournaments that have defaults in them, and thought defaults turned this years SDT into one of the biggest jokes I've pretty much ever seen on Void. Just an idea though. Like I said, I realy do think it's one of the coolest ideas for an event on Void that I've seen!

Eh, we shouldn't overcomplicate it. And not letting them in if they default is a punishing thing. I know they suck, but they happen. Void isn't a job, it's a hobby.

And how was this year's SDT the biggest joke ever?

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

257 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 310.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us