The Void Invitational!

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #150 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:01 AM »
There's usually a day or two to chose who gets into a standard tournament and to set up rounds, the deadline however is the 24th.
;-)

« Reply #151 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:05 AM »
OK here is my character so far.

HALF MAN HALF FROG HALF SHARK HALF SNAKE

Tell me what you guys think 8D

« Reply #152 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:06 AM »
Uh-oh I forgot the scarf  :-[

« Reply #153 on: Jul 02, 2010, 04:56 AM »
Will the tournament start right after the 24th, or a couple days after?

I may join if I find time.
I generally like to start tournaments on a Monday, so that the final drawing days are Saturday and Sunday.

I'll discuss with Hiemie, figure out a start time, and let everyone know.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #154 on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:43 AM »
I already have a bio and a design sheet in the incubator... can I repost it here or does it have to be new?

\'Ello...

« Reply #155 on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:44 AM »
can I repost it here or does it have to be new?

You probably should to officially enter, keep things together, & make it easy for everyone.

« Reply #156 on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:51 AM »
If we're 2 short, we should totally let Ronin and Airlight enter.

I was actually considering that if we're like a few people short, it'd be cool to have some regulars in reserve. I'd rather let 2 oldies in than let 6 people be excluded.

And I think the tourney should start on the 26th. Having the 25th be the day of deciding and maybe a superlastminute deadline for people.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 07:54 AM by Hiemie »

« Reply #157 on: Jul 02, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Thanks...

Name: Ms. Clean
(Real Name Unknown)
Species: Human

Favorite Color: White (Though not usually a part of her clothes.)

Mission/ Objective:
Make the world (VOID) a CLEANER and better place.

Intro:
After Ms. Clean arrived to Void City she knew that was where she was supposed to be. The place was filled with dirt and grime as well as dirty and grimy people. She knew the job would be difficult but also that she would conquer scum in any shape or form and come out on top. Can you imagine Void clean!?!? She sure can! In order to make a living she plans on selling her cleaning products and cleaning houses so she can clean up the community in her spare time.

History:
Once arriving in Void she sort of forgets her family and just remembers she wasn't appreciated for her talents. When she was younger she created a solar-powered vacuum ( 3rd grade) and then developed a super concentrated chemical bleach (9th grade) that may cause perminent damage if it came in contact with skin. Ms.Clean is constintly looking for other cleaning products she can create. She has a toolbelt filled with helpful cleaning tools like a toothbrush, bleach spray, sponge, rag, etc. She has a brown teddy bear called Dirt Buster (D.B.) who she talks to sometimes when there is nobody else. She doesn't have OCD (Obsessive -Cumplusive Disorder) but does go through some crazy episodes when triggered.

Personality:
Overall a pleasant girl. Gets attached easily and is very protective of loved ones (currently only DB). A great friend to have because she'll always have your back and clean your place for free. Is independent but easily confused and nervous. Isn't afraid of a fight, even though she's inexperienced.
        Hates: When you dirty a place she JUST cleaned!
                  Rude people!
                 Creating more efficient and quicker ways to cleaning.
                 Vultures - Nature's Cleaners

www.deathlysilent.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 09:33 AM by DeathlySilent »
\'Ello...

« Reply #158 on: Jul 02, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Deathlysilent: She's adorable!
Otami: he also lacks a gatling belly to be at his top...
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #159 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:25 PM »
OK He is done. Made a few changes and finished it up. Also: I AM NOT ENGLISH so my spelling will be horrible. Anyway all critique is welcome!

WARNING wall of text under image.

BIO:

Full name: Unknown
Nickname: Beef
Height: 5`4" but can get longer due to ability
Music taste: Country, Modern Country, Industrial Country, Industrial Modern Country

Back-story:
Beef comes from a big family of miss formed children. These children seem to adjust themselves to the creatures from their direct environment. Beef has a high affinity to Frogs, Snakes and Piranha's deeply nested in his DNA and it shows. This also enables him to use a few things from his animal counterparts which will be explained later. How he lost his left arm? Some say a fisherman caught him in his net and while chopping up all the fish he cut off Beef's arm while he was still asleep. Others say that he caught a decease and he chewed his own arm off to get rid or it. When asked Beef will only reply with the fact that he doesn't want to talk about it.

Characteristics:
Beef is the kind of guy that likes to get his hands dirty. Up close and personal is how its suppose to be. This however doesn't mean he's stupid. With the cunning of the snake, The quickness of the piranha and the serenity of the frog his personality is surprisingly balanced. This makes him a quick thinker a daring guy and a fast learner. But all these animals have one thing in conmen. Fear, Both the Frog and piranha are not one to embrace danger and the snake wouldn't dare it. This makes Beef a nerves guy at times and he is quick to run away when things get hairy. Beef always feels underrated to people with two arms. He will clearly state that "you shouldn't be so full of yourself with those two arms" and "Well, what did you expect from a guy with one arm?"

Abilities: His abilities come forth from his animal side's

The Frog:
The tongue and the legs are the weapons of the frog. Strong legs to jump high and to use powerful kicks even in mid air. A long and sticky tongue to grab hold of pray and corner them.

The Snake:
The snake's body slips its way out of danger. So does the stomach area of Beef. He can "stretch" or "grow" to a freighting abnormal length and can even wrap himself around his enemies. The right arm holds the quickness of the snake. It does not pack a strong punch but is extremely fast. It strikes and attacks just like the head of a snake.

The Piranha:
Snap snap snap! a swarm of piranha's can devour a whole cow in mere minutes! (not actual fact) Now Beef here has only one mouth but its the size of a human mouth and can snap as fast as a piranha! Though this is mostly Beef's last weapon of defense. He doesn't like to bite people. Punching and kicking however, is not so much a problem.

---

Proof of my ABILLITAHS! http://otamie.deviantart.com/ Thats all, looking forward to the comments and to this tournament!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2010, 12:04 AM by otamie »

« Reply #160 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Otami: he also lacks a gatling belly to be at his top...

Not everyone can "stomach" it 8DDDD

sorry...

« Reply #161 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:20 PM »
Don't forget the headshot!
;-)

« Reply #162 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:26 PM »
BOYSCARF, Knomer

Name: Scarf, Red

Bio: Scarf is a daredevil stunt man in his home planet, where scarfs are like people. He can create explosions by winking his left eye. The boy around his neck is merely cosmetic and contributes no additional abilities to Boyscarf.

« Reply #163 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:33 PM »
OH GOD XDDDD Boyscarf, this is genius 8D

« Reply #164 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Please make a headshot and youre good, knome!
By air

« Reply #165 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:44 PM »
That is beautiful beyond description.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #166 on: Jul 02, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Wow, Knomer. I laughed so hard my eyes watered. That's championship material.

« Reply #167 on: Jul 02, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Well i feel i shouldn't, but my only guy died a pitiful death so time for a comeback, so another super villain

and yes, i've been spreading the word everywhere an artist would be ...uh...webbing? anyway yea i've been spreading the message

update, quick avatar
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010, 10:42 AM by Psycho Sean »

« Reply #168 on: Jul 02, 2010, 10:18 PM »
So like..I keep getting messages about some sort of tourny going on here? What is this shit?

Haha, this is really tempting but I gotta ask, we're only going to get one week to draw huh? I don't know. I'm borderline atm. With the way I'm feeling lately I don't know what. Maybe.

« Reply #169 on: Jul 02, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Well worst comes to worst even if you can't do much in a week, your character is still in forever and you can do a battle with any deadline you want later
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #170 on: Jul 02, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Wow uh. I couldn't get into my RaraHoWa account. Tried every password combination I know, checked both active and inactive emails as well as their Spam/Junk folders, had to find proxy because I guessed too much and it wouldn't let me even try to log in anymore even with this other account. BUT I ASKED TOAST TO RESET MY PASSWORD so it'll be okay. But I'm hellbent on getting this in this MORNING. Worked so hard! 8D *EDITED. AGAIN: HOLY MOTHER OF QUE IMPOSIBLE The image totally stretched the page! I've now put this in a hyperlink instead, so just click. Whew. ALSO I'M SO SORRY I was so stressed out at this, I totally forgot to put my DA on here. :C*

(Deviantart Account) http://www.rarahowa.deviantart.com

Meet Auvre!

http://i45.tinypic.com/rm7i2w.jpg

Full Name: Auvre de Soare

Height: 180 cm/5'10"

Weight: 79 kg/175 lbs

Background: Although born into the noble family of Soare, Auvre certainly didn't live the life of prosperity one imagines. His mother had passed away early in his life, while his hopelessly romantic father quickly married a selfish, greedy gypsy by the name of Tiganja. All luxuries and fancies were available at the snap of a finger for Auvre---except the love and trust of his own family. Despite being a rather spoiled rotten child, Auvre still tried is best to win the love and affections of his father, while keeping a keen eye on his avaricious new mother. When he turned sixteen, he was outraged to find out that his step-mother had received deed to all his father's riches and how deliciously foolish Ciaj was to throw around his treasures for the sake of his infratuations. After Tiganja admitted to only having commitment to her husband for the sake of fortune and not for love, Auvre snatched the contract from her grasp, and threw it into the fireplace. His own step-mother then called for the family guard to burn his arm as punishment for destroying her deed. To add to his misfortunes, Ciaj did not believe that Tiganja was responsible for his injuries, as the feeling of cold betrayal lead him to believe that he was not loved or even wanted by his own family, causing him to run away from home---that is, after stealing some of Tiganjya's beloved golden artifacts as well as carrying his deceased mother's pendant around his neck. He now lives in The Desert City of Void as a treasure and bounty hunter---even a thief if he must---,with the conclusion that money could really buy all the happiness in life---that happiness, for him, being solid with the awesome lustre of gold.
Personality: Acts like a spoiled child, throwing violent paroxysms when things don't happen the way he sees fit. A bit selfish, and usually disregards the feelings of others unless they are in dire dependency. Uninterested in sexual conduct. Addicted to gold and its color, but starting to become fond of the bloody hue of crimson as well. Has the habit of stroking anyone's hair that resembles a golden blonde. Hates cold weather, young children, and silver; fears most insects---even harmless ones.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2010, 08:09 AM by Rara »

« Reply #171 on: Jul 03, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Yusss a diamond in the rough, welcome to voids >:3

« Reply #172 on: Jul 03, 2010, 06:48 PM »
This looks fantastic! I'm gonna work on revamping Leland's character sheet so I can enter this too. I've been researching a little bit more on Buddhism, especially Zen, which has been a tremendous help in defining the character. Probably not gonna change a whole lot about him, but he might be a little cartoonier. Plus, I want him to look a little nicer now that I've had practice drawing him. I hope to see a bunch of people entering this!

« Reply #173 on: Jul 03, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Everyone make sure you submit through the site too!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #174 on: Jul 03, 2010, 10:02 PM »
PsychoSean, Youre missing Doodlebob
I may have to take a crack at this

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

422 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us