The Void Invitational!

The Void Invitational!
« on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Hey! Hey you! You ready for action, excitement, women, men... something else? Well get your luggage packed and your tickets purchased, because it's time for the VOID Invitational!  Tell your friends!

The Void Invitational is a new Tournament looking for fresh faces and even fresher blood!  Been wanting to get in?  Come on in! Have a friend you've been trying to get to join?  Send 'em over.  We're opening our doors with a tourney with new people in mind!

Entervoid is the premier Internet comic battle site.  We've been pitting artists against each other in sequential combat for over seven years now and are looking for new talent!  You can come here to compete, improve, and/or just mess around.  It's all up to you!  Swing by the FAQ for additional information, or check out the comics competiton in action

Normally to get in, you'd need a bunch of images and a biography of your character, but for this tournament only, you can skip all that if you'd like by providing us with some form of proof of your artistic skill (deviant page, links to gallery, etc.)... but having pages doesn't hurt.

Details:

* You can only participate if you have never had a character or all of your characters are currently dead.

*To enter you need to post your character's name and design sheet in this topic and also submit them through the site (You must have an account and be logged in to make a character).... OR YOU AREN'T GETTING IN.

*Entry through the site must have a design sheet, a bio, and some proof or artistic skill. Sequentials being preferred or most welcome, but failing that some proof of ability is required.

*You have until July 24th to enter. A month is plenty of time to get your entry ready.

*Artists are given one week each round to complete a comic with a minimum of 3 pages.

*The winner of the tournament will be declared Grand Poobah of the Void Invitational 2010.

*All characters who get into the tournament become permanent characters.

*It is recommended that you read the FAQ and check out the comics competiton in action to get a feel for the site.

*Even if you aren't participating, tell your friends.  Let everyone you can know about this, the more the merrier. I'm actually really hoping you spread the word.

Entrants:

Orange, Luna
Shawn and Dexter, Enef.
Liam, Himura
Ascot, Mishi
pwnt2j, Rider Bain
Sirius, Veronika
Ransomlikescake, Tod Zombie
LeFred, Mortimerr
Sasa Geisbert, SasaGeisbert
Sageby, Viella
Heyzoos, Pico
Cherubas, Boek
DeathlySilent, Ms.Clean
Otamie, Beef
Psycho Sean, Doodle Dan
Rara, Auvre
Blinkspeed, Nevermore
beardedMenace, Sketchy
mickequ, Whitcomb and Papillion
Slaggle, Lindsey Pescione
JimValid, Salvo Galactore
Ham, Journo
Enaxon, Dreanought
noir0083, Ashley Hart
Theo, Leland Bingham Lee
Runic, Ridley von Clayborne
Sofa King, Niles
Punk Jax, R
vanilla wafer, Abura Oribu
GedtheBedHead, Munkei
The Nameless, Nameless Enemy
Base, Trix
Orion, David Birch
Mo Rice, Tab
RektheArtist, Sammy Bertchwood
AtomicJohn, THE LARGER THAN LIFE Blackbird
atomic_top_hat, Miss Chups McGuffin
Roger_mild, Massimo and Max
Valravnwings, Nideras Vi'Orizien "The Fleshcarver"
DestructiveNix, Marie
shojintakaru, Ivan Reinhardt
Robosockmonkey, Oscar Fuentes
urah03, Eve
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2010, 06:57 PM by Hiemie »

Re: The Void Invitational!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Well seeing as my SDT character is dead and I'm at a roadblock with my actual character for here right now, it would be a good chance to try other stuff out. I'll start getting something ready for this!

Just wondering what happens to the characters that lose, does that mean they have to go back through the normal procedures or are all characters put into this that are accepted permanent VOID characters? Or is it a death match thing again haha? I'm just curious as to what happens is all.

Either way I'm game, I'll get started on something.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I am very tempted. But I don't want to join until I know my schedule... so you may hear something later from me! = D

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 PM »
All characters who get in are permanent characters on Void.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:23 PM »
UNTIL I FIND AND KILL THEM

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

seriously join.

It's a free character.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:27 PM »
NOOOO YOU ARE EVIL haha.

Yeah, I'm gonna join for sure : D. Gonna get started on something tonight possibly.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:31 PM »
I'll be sure to whore this out on my DA and any other galleries.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Hmmm... I have a first character I have been working on and this could be a great way to start but I have been working on the first comic pages for him... Depending on how long this tournament last (I start college back up in mid august) I would want in, but establishing the character now would give him more time to do stuff sooner and for me to get ready for it with some comics under my belt...

If we apply for this with just a character sheet does that mean we can battle right away before the Invite?  

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Let us do this like a bank heist.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:37 PM »
*Is intrigued...*

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Hmmm... I have a first character I have been working on and this could be a great way to start but I have been working on the first comic pages for him... Depending on how long this tournament last (I start college back up in mid august) I would want in, but establishing the character now would give him more time to do stuff sooner and for me to get ready for it with some comics under my belt...

If we apply for this with just a character sheet does that mean we can battle right away before the Invite?  

Well, it should start in late july, and it's as long as however many people enter. Like a 32 person tourney would be 5 rounds, so 10 weeks. It depends on how many people enter.

And you'll get in whenever the tournament starts, so you can't fight before it starts.

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Okay, so I could still submit my character the normal way and then enter after the fact since I am a new guy anyway?

« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:46 PM »
And anyone that's interested make sure you also whore it out on your da journals, facebooks, etc. to further spread the word!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Okay, so I could still submit my character the normal way and then enter after the fact since I am a new guy anyway?

Well I would imagine not since the tourney is in itself a backdoor into Void.

« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:50 PM »

It's nice to go through the proper channels, but that's sort of defeating the point.

It's nice to have intro pages if you do want to use them to enter, it would help.

If you enter through traditional means and not for the tourney so you can fight before the tourney,no, you can't get in.

But if you're entering your character for the tourney so you get in when it starts, then yes, you can get in.

« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Gave up four years ago.

I'll try to convince them again...

but this time i'll tell em they can win a shitload of money. ;D

« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2010, 08:57 PM »
t's nice to go through the proper channels, but that's sort of defeating the point.

It's nice to have intro pages if you do want to use them to enter, it would help.

If you enter through traditional means and not for the tourney so you can fight before the tourney,no, you can't get in.

But if you're entering your character for the tourney so you get in when it starts, then yes, you can get in.

Well if that is the case, I think I can wait a month at the very least to get battling. It'll give me time to polish what I have.

This ought to rock.  8)

« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:01 PM »
haha hew lewis
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #18 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:08 PM »
haha hew lewis

And the news but let us not get into a play by play just yet we still have a whole month to go. :D

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:34 PM »
oopsi my typo
too bad i'm an old butt who cant participate, go go fresh meats
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #21 on: Jun 25, 2010, 12:38 AM »
Hey, all my characters are currently dead, does that mean I get a shot? Haha, just kidding.

Pimpin' the tourney out on my everywhere!

« Reply #22 on: Jun 25, 2010, 01:52 AM »
Well, uh, actually, you would be able to join the tourney.

right?

I think this is a great tourney idea. Already started pimping

« Reply #23 on: Jun 25, 2010, 03:15 AM »
Oh hey

Remember that really terribad Enef guy.

Rumour has it, he might be back.

4 years later (Date Registered:     March 22, 2006, 05:28:32 AM).

He might actually get in.

If he can stop playing TF2 long enough to work on art.

« Reply #24 on: Jun 25, 2010, 03:17 AM »
DO IT PI.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

269 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 283.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us