Monster Mash

Monster Mash
« on: Jun 18, 2010, 01:19 PM »
http://carrotmonster.deviantart.com/

Tell me what you think. I need to work on comics a lot more.

Re: Monster Mash
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:17 PM »
environment, bg..
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2010, 04:39 PM »
You know, it kind of defeats the purpose of making a new account if your devArt is the same name as your old account.

Also, at risk of sounding like a bad kung fu movie, we can easily recognize you by your style.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Also, at risk of sounding like a bad-ass kung fu movie, we can easily recognize you by your style.

Fixed.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2010, 06:08 PM »
Ya sorry Pi I actually forgot my password. Im an idiot also my other problem is anatomy?

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Since your work is very stylized I wouldnt worry about anatomy and more about shape relations. Thus try to make something look like it works and its not cumbersome looking. And I agree that I think you need to work on incorporating environments and backgrounds. Think of them as characters themselves with some some sort of stylistic quirkiness that the rest of your work has.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I think the biggest problem is not listening to the suggestions people have been making from the onset.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2010, 09:35 PM »
kuro dude's like 10

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2010, 09:38 PM »
right. doesn't make it not the biggest problem.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2010, 09:58 PM »
jes sayin'

still bg and environment...

and learn to crop!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2010, 10:00 PM »
which is what everyone's been saying from the onset!

jes sayin...

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Hmm yeah what everyone else said.  I still don't understand why the cropping thing is still a problem.  If you have to, just pick up scissors and literally just cut the paper down to size to fit your objects.  Draw some backgrounds as practice.  Cityscapes, countryscapes, whatever.

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Since your work is very stylized I wouldnt worry about anatomy and more about shape relations.

You can't have stylization without the controls they are based on.

/saidbefore

« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Sorry Kuro,
Im sorry about it.
Ill try to listen.

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2010, 05:08 AM »
Since your work is very stylized I wouldnt worry about anatomy and more about shape relations.

You can't have stylization without the controls they are based on.

/saidbefore

But it seems that when anatomy is under scrutiny in void people nit pick it till death. What I am trying to tell him is worry about anatomy after he has settled on a shape that he enjoys to draw. Stylization is nothing more than a way of drawing that suits your comfort zone.

« Reply #15 on: Jun 19, 2010, 05:30 AM »
But it seems that when anatomy is under scrutiny in void people nit pick it till death. What I am trying to tell him is worry about anatomy after he has settled on a shape that he enjoys to draw.

That's entirely backwards. People nitpick anatomy here because everyone should have a proper basis in it before they start taking shortcuts & stylizing. Knowing anatomy is what's going to help people "settle on shapes" & ultimately have better, more consistent drawings.

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2010, 06:45 AM »
we need not argue about this for the sake of monster. lets see some sequentials.

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2010, 07:45 AM »
It's not for his sake because he doesn't listen anyhow. It's just not good advice to be giving artists when they're starting out.

« Reply #18 on: Jun 21, 2010, 02:30 PM »
I do listen.
Im sorry if it seems like I havent been Kuro.

Anyway, Im working on some comics now and my character sheet.
Im thinking about revamping one of my older characters and actually sticking with them

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

292 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us