FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here!

Re: Questions About Void? Post Your's Here!
« Reply #75 on: Jun 13, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Hey everybody! I was just wondering if you have two characters can they have separate design sheets? Or do they have to be on the same one?

« Reply #76 on: Jun 13, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Hey everybody! I was just wondering if you have two characters can they have separate design sheets? Or do they have to be on the same one?

Its the question of how do you mean "two"
Is it one Character how is actually a team?
Or do you have allready one character and want to do another one?

If it is the first one they should be both on one design sheet.
But if it is the second it will get his own design sheet.

« Reply #77 on: Jun 13, 2012, 11:11 AM »
If you have two characters that are in a team, you can only have them on one sheet. It's okay if the sheet gets large, just be reasonable. I have a lot of stuff on Angie's, but it's not a 1MB file http://entervoid.com/images/fighters/927/angiedesignsheetnewcolors.jpg
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 11:13 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #78 on: Jun 13, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Thanks for the quick input! and to answer your question Lee its one character that's a team.

« Reply #79 on: Jul 08, 2012, 07:56 AM »
I want to do a Collaborative comic.  How can I set up that?
If you want to work on a comic for the site with another artist, any in capacity (e.g. writer & artist, two artists, artist & colorist, etc.), only Toast can set that up for you.  Just send him a quick message with all the details of characters and artists involved, start date, length of drawing time, and match type.

He wants desperately to put the power in your hands, but hasn't figured it out quite yet.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #80 on: Jul 08, 2012, 08:04 AM »
Cancelling a Match
If it is necessary to cancel a match before the deadline, each combatant must agree to the cancellation and contact a Battle Manager or Administrator. If not all the participants agree, the match will continue and not be cancelled.  If you wish to cancel a match, please have your fellow participants contact a member of the staff, as we will not seek them out for consent.

Tournament matches and other special events cannot be cancelled once they've entered the Drawing period has begun.  Additionally, no match can be cancelled within 24 hours of the deadline.

We don’t like cancelling matches but we prefer them to defaulting (which nobody likes) and understand that sometimes prior commitments and unpleasant surprises do arise.

Please be aware: repeated cancellations may result in action being taken by the Council.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2012, 06:32 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #81 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Remember it is your responsibility to get your opponent to contact us with their consent if you need a comic cancelled. The battle managers won't track people down for you.

TOASTY EDIT: This has been added to the original post.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2012, 06:33 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #82 on: Jul 14, 2012, 09:31 AM »
In the previous version of the site, there use to be a thing you could click and then you saw all your battles and the scores you got in all the cathgories for each (battle details or something)
I cant seem to find it in the new site, as it made the transition or is this no longer a thing?
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #83 on: Jul 21, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Is there currently a way to access the list of NPCs? The Galvosaur battle got me pumped up, and I may want to battle using the VCPD or RABIES :D

« Reply #84 on: Jul 22, 2012, 02:59 PM »
There's not.  I reassigned Galvosaur to Dawg since he created the characters, and would have to set up any matches using an NPC manually.

NPCs were briefly a thing a few years back, but died on the vine so I never did much more with them.

« Reply #85 on: Jul 22, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Is there currently a way to access the list of NPCs? The Galvosaur battle got me pumped up, and I may want to battle using the VCPD or RABIES :D

I have been wanting to do that for a while, too.

« Reply #86 on: Jul 22, 2012, 03:53 PM »
If your character has some sort of personal transport like I space shuttle/ fighter jet/ chopper kind of thing, that has to be included on the design sheet as well correct?

« Reply #87 on: Jul 22, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Unless the vehicle is physically part of the character then no. You can include it if you like, especially if your character is going to be in the vehicle a significant amount of time. But otherwise it's not required.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #88 on: Sep 22, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Hey guys,

Uhhh I had a character in the VOID invitational and because I'm a can't-time-manage butt pants I had to drop out because of RL things :/
BUT NOW
I decided to make an intro comic and such and move on from my failed invitational endeavours, buuuuuut it forever says my character has no intro story, though I have the pages uploaded... do I have to submit her anew?
Actually a clean slate would probably be nice but I don't know what the go is on that >3>

« Reply #89 on: Sep 22, 2012, 08:11 PM »
If it's an intro for the character that's already in, just submit it as a beyond battle.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #90 on: Oct 02, 2012, 05:14 AM »
Ok guys. I really want to be a bit more open in my comics, I was wondering if I could submit a PLACE rather than a CHARACTER as as design sheet.

Just so I could focus on world building and lots of characters rather than a specific character. I feel it is too limiting.

My idea is a disused theme park which has a potentially large cast of characters that I may introduce through more comics, also of course, when battling, other people's characters may get involved.

For the sake of clarity, if it were possible, could I just add segments onto my design sheet after comics to represent certain characters?

I can get much more specific about details if you like but I don't want to shower you with the ideas if this is not a possibility anyway.

« Reply #91 on: Oct 02, 2012, 05:37 AM »
I don't think there's anything technically wrong with that, but your design sheet would have to be pretty detailed. I think you would also need to present maybe a cast of characters to work with it.

« Reply #92 on: Oct 02, 2012, 05:00 PM »
I'm gonna have to go with 'cast of characters' as opposed to trying to submit a location as a character ......you are getting unnecessarily hung up.......the Approval Committed is not going to judge your entry on the merits of your character...rather the merits of your entry itself....

Just focus on preparing the best example of your current ability and once you have been approved you can develop and expand any cast or setting within your reservation comics as you see fit

OK.......I didn't originally realize you had already gotten a character in.....with your current status you can post Beyond Battles and have Artists Battles about pretty much anything yer little heart desires without having to worry about design sheets....so go ahead and develop settings and character and whatever..... go make comics
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012, 05:10 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #93 on: Oct 02, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Yeah I say go the artist battle/beyond battle route. If you've already got a cast of characters in this place, why shoehorn in someone else's? Just tell a good story. If the setting's important, focus on that.

« Reply #94 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Oh wow. That sounds perfect. Thanks for the replies everybody. I basically didn't understand the exact rules and regulations of beyond battles and artist battles which is probably why I didn't think of them. I will be sure to read up on the rules of it.
I was just wondering, if I am posting these comics up on Void, the reason being because I feel it is such a great community and really love the critique and inspiration of the people on the site, would I still be allowed to publish the comics outside of Void as long as I am not using people's characters?
I just really want to experiment with doing a regular webcomic and self publishing through print...

« Reply #95 on: Oct 03, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Personally, that's what I like to think of Beyond Battles for--practice--like when we had our First Issue Challenge :) As long as you're not using anyone else's characters, I'm pretty sure you'd be allowed to get those BB comics printed.

« Reply #96 on: Oct 03, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Yeah as long as you don't feature someone else's character in your BB, there's nothing stopping you from printing it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #97 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:10 AM »
I have a question that has plagued me for a long time:

Why does this thread have such a horrendous abomination against the English language in it? "Your's" is not a word, and if it was, it would be a contraction for "your is," which doesn't even....

Okay, I know I'm just being an OCD English nerd, but can someone please fix this? Or at least make it even more ridiculous so I feel like an idiot for bringing it up? Thanks, I'll shut up now.

c:

Re: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here!
« Reply #98 on: Oct 04, 2012, 06:19 AM »
I have a question that has plagued me for a long time:

Why does this thread have such a horrendous abomination against the English language in it? "Your's" is not a word, and if it was, it would be a contraction for "your is," which doesn't even....

Okay, I know I'm just being an OCD English nerd, but can someone please fix this? Or at least make it even more ridiculous so I feel like an idiot for bringing it up? Thanks, I'll shut up now.

c:

Hahahaha I've never noticed that before :0

Re: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here!
« Reply #99 on: Oct 04, 2012, 07:10 AM »
I guess it just takes a language nerd with an English Language graduate wife to care enough about things like this to notice. :)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

107 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 121.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us