FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here!

Re: Questions About Void? Post Your's Here!
« Reply #50 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:57 AM »
They'll first need to create an account on Void. It is possible for them to do collabs with you by setting up collab beyond battles through Toast once a character gets in. I would think it's not outside the realm of possibilities to do actual battles like that, but it again has to be set up through Toast, same with submitting a character that way.

http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1743 is a writer with a character

*edit-oh yeah there was http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1519 who I believe had a writer and an artist http://entervoid.com/view.php?id=1924&side=1&iid=15 but did not do it officially. I think it would be best for people to do it through official means so both people get credit plus your opponent will be aware they're going against 2 people.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010, 10:04 AM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #51 on: Oct 20, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Right, that's marvellous! :D Thank you very much <3

« Reply #52 on: Oct 20, 2010, 10:31 AM »
No problem!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #53 on: Oct 20, 2010, 11:25 AM »
*edit-oh yeah there was http://entervoid.com/character.php?id=1519 who I believe had a writer and an artist

Actually, that person just referred to themselves as two people.

(I have no clue either.)

« Reply #54 on: Dec 22, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I need to cancel a match, neither of us have the pages we need ready.
I could get the minimum but my opponent can't get their's in so we agreed to cancel it altogether
But I can't figure it out
Plus, I don't think I have an extension privilege thingus
Chivalry is dead, and quite frankly he's gotten a bit funky

« Reply #55 on: Dec 22, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Both you and your opponent have to email me or PM me to get the match canceled.

*canceled it btw since you talked about it here+your opponent agreed to it in the battle comments
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010, 02:15 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #56 on: Jul 07, 2011, 12:17 AM »
Does the character submitted have to be designed solely for Void?
I have a character of mine from a comic I do, and I would like to use her, but I can't find much of anything about that. She's an original character, just for a different world.

« Reply #57 on: Jul 07, 2011, 12:24 AM »
You can use whoever you want :). People have brought in characters from other things they've made before and have used them here.

« Reply #58 on: Jul 07, 2011, 05:03 AM »
You don't have to have your comics take place in 'Void City' that is not mandatory....it is just a commonly held construct.

We do insist on original characters and original content......no posting the same comic here and on WFA or whatever.......but it isn't neccesary to retool an exisiting character of your own creation just to fit what you suppose is our mold......you comics are your comics....they may contain whatever original characters in what ever context or setting you choose.

However, some artists are very possessive of their exisiting characters and get itchy and sore when other artists screw around with them.....and there is no creme or ointment for that....so if you think you might not like anyone else getting their grubby fingers all over your character....you might wanna choose to create a new one just for comics on this site
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #59 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:52 AM »
what happened with the Vcasts? they are down completely?!

« Reply #60 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:42 AM »
Red's server is down plus she's been busy with reality lately and so it might be awhile before that's all back up and running.

« Reply #61 on: Dec 18, 2011, 01:43 PM »
pity that. i love to hear the intros and her voice...

« Reply #62 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
What are "beyond battles"? And how do they happen? And where are they at? I can't find anything about them...

« Reply #63 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Beyond battles are comics that you can do solo! While they are graded they don't effect your rank really and are a chance to focus on doing what you want to do. You do have to have a character in in order to do them and can set a deadline up if you like. I am infamous for doing billions of them, here is one I did last year

http://entervoid.com/comic.php?id=2946

Some people use them as an opportunity to finish up previous battles as well. There are also collab beyond battles where you can team up with another person and do one comic as 1 unit.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #64 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:22 PM »
This can explain everything way better than I can, but I took this from the FAQ on the main site:

Beyond Battle:
This type of Comic is VOID's way of letting artists progress their character's stories outside of challenge-based Comics. An artist may submit a Beyond Battle at any time, and it will be displayed for viewing along with the rest of the Comics currently available for Voting. Points will be tallied and go towards your overall Class and Rank, however no wins or losses are involved, as there are no opponents. Your Comic may feature anything you like, but keep in mind that it is always a good thing to be respectful to other artists and their creations, meaning, if you plan to use another artist's character in a large plot, it may be wise to consult them first, to avoid any conflicts later on down the line. Also keep in mind, as this is solely your work, the VOID Council will have to approve it first before it goes up for voting. The purpose of Beyond Battles is quality, not quantity, so please submit only finished works that truly reflect your current skill and ability.

I'd suggest a read up on the FAQ, even if some parts I -think- are dated. Its been a while since I looked at it, but it gives you a general idea anyway.

http://entervoid.com/FAQ.php

Edit: Whoa, ninja'd. Which thats rare to happen because it usually alerts me when someone has posted before me haha.

« Reply #65 on: Mar 12, 2012, 01:27 PM »
It used to be possible to see a list of someone's comics and what the average stats for each was, handy for picking out the exceptionally well-drawn or creative comics. Is there still a way to do that or was it discarded in the update to the site?

« Reply #66 on: Mar 12, 2012, 08:59 PM »
clicking on the username here will show recent comics and then from there you can see all comics with points
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #67 on: Mar 12, 2012, 09:20 PM »
I think Cherubas is looking for the stat details - individual percentages for each of CRE, ENT, and QUA.  And a page displaying that hasn't been re-built for the new site yet.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 09:20 AM »
 My character submission was declined with no explanation. How do I find out why it was declined and what I need to do to rectify the situation?

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 09:27 AM »
My character submission was declined with no explanation. How do I find out why it was declined and what I need to do to rectify the situation?

There should have been an email with an explanation ... double check your spam folder just in case?  If it's definitely not there then let us know, it may be some bug in the site... it happens! Sorry about that!

If you would like an immediate explanation, I can send you a private message about what needed to be worked on if that helps. :)

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31 AM »
:D
 Thanks Red! It was in my spam folder. (I didn't realize it was going to get emailed.)  Crisis averted!

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Let us know if you need anything else!! :)

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 12:42 AM »
Question: What towns / cities surround Void? I know of Steel City (where Ted comes from) and Shock City (BOOM - GUITARRIFF), but are there others?

Also what pubs / clubs excist in Void? I know of Toast's and P2's, are there others?

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03 AM »
Question: What towns / cities surround Void? I know of Steel City (where Ted comes from) and Shock City (BOOM - GUITARRIFF), but are there others?

Also what pubs / clubs excist in Void? I know of Toast's and P2's, are there others?

http://entervoid.wikispaces.com/

Search for locations

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Those are the only ones I've heard of, you're free to make up your own as that's the fun of Void. Make up as many locations as you like! I had Angie come from a city called Geno, which is very far from Void.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us