FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here!

Re: Questions About Void? Post Your's Here!
« Reply #25 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Inactive=you've been inactive for 6 months or more
Retired=you've intentionally retired your character or been forcibly retired due to a loss in a scar match
Active=you've been active in the past 6 months

Chia-hui is currently listed as retired because Carlito retired him after submitting his battle.

Characters that have gone into inactive lose their number rank on the ranks but if you click "view all' on the ranks you can see technically where everyone stands, just you lose your number when you become inactive/retired. If you want to see the rank of characters that are currently active/counted towards the ranks you simply just click characters and that's anyone that is counted on the ranks. Even if the inactive people don't have a number, what you see on "view all" or "view retired" is the accurate listing of where everyone is overall.

So right now Angie is #1 on the ranks but that is only because the 3 people who are above her went into inactive/retired so she is technically ranked 4th overall. But because she's an active character she is first on the active characters board.

That make sense? haha

If you want to know your rank just look at the active characters list since there's a good chance a large chunk of the people who are no longer listed aren't coming back so you shouldn't worry about beating them.
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2010, 04:26 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #26 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Inactive=you've been inactive for 6 months or more
Retired=you've intentionally retired your character or been forcibly retired due to a loss in a scar match
Active=you've been active in the past 6 months

Chia-hui is currently listed as retired because Carlito retired him after submitting his battle.

Actually, Inactive is forcibly retired to scar matches or other circumstances. Retired is done passively and you can trigger it yourself. To become Un-inactive, you need to contact Toast after doing what was required of you.

« Reply #27 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:42 PM »
It's really odd that it's that way then, since 6 months without activity would mean being inactive technically. The names should probably be switched around.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #28 on: Sep 10, 2010, 09:03 AM »
D'ya guys have a high res VOID logo? I'm bad at making it from scratch O:

« Reply #29 on: Sep 10, 2010, 10:47 AM »
It's three lines.

« Reply #30 on: Sep 10, 2010, 11:14 AM »
I imagine this isn't totally perfect but I threw it together real fast

http://entervoid.com/images/178988.gif
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2010, 04:17 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #31 on: Sep 10, 2010, 11:15 AM »
the gap could be a bit wider between boxes, otherwise it's pretty spoton
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #32 on: Sep 10, 2010, 04:18 PM »
D'ya guys have a high res VOID logo? I'm bad at making it from scratch O:

This is the one I use for everything official:
http://entervoid.com/images/178988.gif
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #33 on: Sep 10, 2010, 07:42 PM »
That's good to know. I attempted to make my own (which appears on the cover to all of my comics thus far) so it's good to know there's an official one I can use instead.

« Reply #34 on: Sep 10, 2010, 09:51 PM »
it's not like you need an official logo to go off of. i don't think anyone's gonna care if the line-to-box ratio isn't exact, haha.

« Reply #35 on: Sep 11, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I am wondering something about the GO FOR BROKE and Art Jams sections of the forum that has been bugging me from when I started to post.

I am thinking of posting some more of my work and I am wondering if I am putting as much work in them as I should. So I was wondering:

When you post something in the GO FOR BROKE how many redraws do you before you post it? And for that matter how many redraws and redesigns do you go through on a finished or at least cleaned up piece for the Art Jams?

Any input on this would be great.
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2010, 10:49 PM by Orion »

« Reply #36 on: Sep 11, 2010, 11:12 PM »
Go For Broke is just your own personal little hellhole.  You can put half finished sketches or whatever in there, don't have to be finished.  You can have progressions or whatever.  Art Jams usually are finished and polished, though it depends on the theme and rules of the jam.  Just put up whatever you feel comfortable putting up.

« Reply #37 on: Sep 12, 2010, 12:20 AM »
Go For Broke is just your own personal little hellhole.  You can put half finished sketches or whatever in there, don't have to be finished.  You can have progressions or whatever.  Art Jams usually are finished and polished, though it depends on the theme and rules of the jam.  Just put up whatever you feel comfortable putting up.

Well then what about my other question as a general artists question?

How many iterations or redraws do you go through before you are satisfied with it? I mean just a personal quota as I know it varies for everyone.

« Reply #38 on: Sep 12, 2010, 12:58 AM »
Depends on the picture, sometimes I can nail it in one go, sometimes it takes a few sketches before I have a suitable base.
That's just me though, I don't think anyone is going to give you a solid answer on that. Just try and push yourself with each picture to make it look better than your last and you'll figure it out on your own how many you need to do.

« Reply #39 on: Sep 12, 2010, 01:00 AM »
one try for me haha im way lazy... why would you keep redrawing one same exact pic over and over? better draw other things to practice more and keep your hand loose
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2010, 06:51 AM »
I'll redraw something at the most twice before I say fuck it
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #41 on: Sep 12, 2010, 11:28 AM »
I ruin myself by redrawing things. Perfectionism destroys me everytime.

« Reply #42 on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:47 PM »
I has question:

Jane Blonde became Inactive after the last Scar Match - I updated my sheet to depict the scars, so whom do I contact about Re-Activization?

« Reply #43 on: Sep 12, 2010, 10:52 PM »
I has question:

Jane Blonde became Inactive after the last Scar Match - I updated my sheet to depict the scars, so whom do I contact about Re-Activization?

Toast.

« Reply #44 on: Sep 12, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Excellente. Gracias Rofl

« Reply #45 on: Sep 15, 2010, 07:08 AM »
Go For Broke is just your own personal little hellhole.  You can put half finished sketches or whatever in there, don't have to be finished.  You can have progressions or whatever.  Art Jams usually are finished and polished, though it depends on the theme and rules of the jam.  Just put up whatever you feel comfortable putting up.

Well then what about my other question as a general artists question?

How many iterations or redraws do you go through before you are satisfied with it? I mean just a personal quota as I know it varies for everyone.
Redraws are for most part pointless really, unless you have a boss telling you to do it, such as a company, paying thing.

Your drawing proccess should be:
-Idea thinking
-Idea get (if it's a comic, this should be your script instead)
-Idea roughed up (THIS step is where you're supposed to redraw as much as you need untill you get a composition done, no need for a detailed drawing here, you can do small versions, you call it Thumbs oftenly)
-Idea drawn. Try NOT starting over. After finishing it up, see what were the good and the bad points, and then apply what you learned in the NEXT drawing.

The general idea is: right now you're drawing for free, for purely experimental purposes, so yo ucan fail as much a possible in order to grow. The other detail is that working in an old piece is OVERWORKING, so always move on. The next one will be better than your previous one, and eventually everything you did now will HOPEFULLY look like shit in an year. That will mean you got a lot better in the meantime.
By air

« Reply #46 on: Oct 17, 2010, 03:55 PM »
Hey all! I'm new to the site and just got my character approved, but before I battle I wanted to ask about a couple things if that's cool!

1. When you challenge someone to a battle, are you supposed to message them first to ask about their availabilities and etc.? If not, how do you choose an appropriate length of time for battles to take place in?

2. I understand the concept of the hitlist but I'm not really sure I understand it on a social level. What kind of message do I send to people when I put them on my hitlist, is the connotation negative, as in "I want to beat you and your character" or is it sort of just telling the person you want to do a battle against them in the near future, or is it potentially both? Just wanted to know since there are a few artists I like and would like to battle at some point.

Thanks in advance!

« Reply #47 on: Oct 17, 2010, 03:56 PM »
1.Nope! If they're not available they'll just decline it. If you're specifically interested in anyone just toss them a PM if you want to be courteous. For your first battle I recommend the longest deadline you can get.

2.I always take it as either someone wants to "watch" my work or they're interested in battling me. I always take it as a positive.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #48 on: Oct 17, 2010, 06:51 PM »
1.Nope! If they're not available they'll just decline it. If you're specifically interested in anyone just toss them a PM if you want to be courteous. For your first battle I recommend the longest deadline you can get.

2.I always take it as either someone wants to "watch" my work or they're interested in battling me. I always take it as a positive.

Ah, thanks! I appreciate the help ^_^

« Reply #49 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Oh no, another noobie xD I'll try to be as discreet as possible until I find my feet, lol

Right my question is thus;

If you have friends who are writers but not artists, and they're interested in taking part in VOID, can you enter as a writer/artist team? Everything is collaborative, one writes/scripts, whilst the other illustrates, could even be a two-character team, etc.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

91 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 121.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us