Fetus Man -04-23-11 - Deep Space Diver

Fetus Man -04-23-11 - Deep Space Diver
« on: Apr 07, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Last time i tried to re-surface here i was sidelined due to personal reasons, But I am looking to get back into comics and I figured it would be good to get my feet wet again here at Void. I don't know how many of you even remember me, but if you're interested in a short 3-4 page battle sometime just drop me a line.  I'll be around!

more junk can be seen at http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=142062&page=17
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2011, 09:48 AM by Fetus Man »

Re: Fetus Man - What!?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2010, 03:47 PM »
awesome to have you back! your stuff looks as good as ever, your tones are looking especially leveled-up. also, that bug butcher is AMAZING.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Welcome back!
You scare the crap out of me.

Seriously, though. Concept-wise, these are what my nightmares are made of.

The gradients in the first image are pretty gosh-darn delightful, I have to say. The doorway shadow is pretty subtle, but really ties the whole thing together, for me.
... the bug-butcher freaks me RIGHT out.

Who's that pointy-eared, ruby-nosed machine-pistol loading daddy, down there? I like his hair. Also, the pencil texture is DELICIOUS.

About the astronaut in cowboy boots...
Nice attention to detail. My father designed the batteries for NASA's new spacesuits, and the second he saw this, he just started laughing. Apparently, this has been a running gag with his possy of engineers for some time. You don't happen to have friends or family associated with the project, do you?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Epic art. Love the tones and your style is varied which is awesome.
Hope to see your battles in the not too distant future ;D ;D 8)
Pee Pee...Pee Pee Vagina!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2010, 12:25 PM »
Ooh, I love your inking style- looking forward to seeing more soon!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Heeeey! Hows Texas?

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2010, 09:25 AM »
J.Vandermeer - Thanks buddy, that first character with the gun is my void guy, Copper Mouth, And as for the boots, that is a long running idea of mine for spacemen, Being from Texas I always fancied the idea of cowboy boots or Converse all star brand space boots.  I'm psyched your dad enjoyed it!
Nachte - Beautiful as always!

And thanks to everyone else! Here's some more stuff for you all.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Converse, h-uh? I wonder what it would cost to get that sort of product placement, but if there's a company crazy enough to do it... Put a bug in someone's ear, man. You never know.
Personally, I prefer the boots. An astronaut with spurs on sort of implies the fact that he might slap a saddle on a rocket or space-beast at any time, and I like that.

I find it somewhat interesting that your undead creatures are among the least creepy things you draw. Those fellows are downright cheerful.

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2010, 08:19 AM »
J.Vandermeer - hahah, thanks! I'm sure my ghouls would love to hear that. 

Working on new Win and Loss poses for my character CopperMouth, i should be up for a quick battle sometime soon hopefully.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2010, 10:07 AM by Fetus Man »

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2010, 10:58 PM »
I challenge you to a duel! (once I got a new character ready :P )

(This is Zombietoaster btw)

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2010, 10:06 PM »

New character?  What happened to the old one?

Anyways, Fetusman, you're that other guy, aside from non defaulting variant Johnny that I want to be.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 08:55 PM »

New character?  What happened to the old one?
Oh nothing, i infact have another comic with him planned. i just dont feel he works in comics together with alot of other characters.

Best Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Fetusss please make a Coppermouth comic!
By air

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Im workin' on it Zsa!   

To those of you who have sent me challenges, i haven't ignored you, I'm just super busy with school at the moment.  But things should be better once i get on break.  I really want to get into making comics again, but i wont be able to dedicate my time to it while I've got school projects, so in the mean time i will be updating my character design/story as well as practicing drawing others characters.  I will keep everyone who is interested updated on when i can do a battle.  Thanks!

Beginnings of a new ref sheet for my character Copper.  And a slipcase i drew for Critters on VHS.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 05:16 PM »

Some shitty panel practice, i haven't drawn a comic in so long!  3 more weeks or so and I'll have some good free time for more comix.

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Needs the Kool-aid man at the end ;3. Keep going dude!
;-)

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Thanks Phil!  I hope you're still up for a battle in the near future, i'll keep in touch!

Since Phil broke the page, im re-posting from the last one so you dont have to navigate backwards, trying to get back into sequentials with some practice. Got a long way to go

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I'm gonna see how I do with this next battle I'm in before I decide to really get into battling full time again.
;-)

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Hmm the proportions on that second panel are kinda funky.  Like the knife handle is awesome, but the guy seems a bit less than human there.  Like for knife throwing, skilled as he may be, a more dynamic pose in which his whole body is following the knife throw might be better. 

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Um, some stickers i did the other day, ink and marker.  I dont know why photobucket likes to make my images blurry, oh well.

WilliamD - Yeah, it was my fault for drawing the panels without any particular plan on what i was going to fit into them.  Thanks for the crit though!

« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2010, 07:42 AM »
long time no see jerk! good stuff
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

Re: Fetus Man - What!? UPDATED 6/14/10
« Reply #21 on: Jun 14, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Thanks Jackhole!

This is my lsat week of school, and I get a 3 week break once its over.  So you guys keep an eye out, i just may challenge YOU!

Here are the last few pages to my last  sketchbook, included are some new head shots for my characters ref sheet.  More updates on the way!

« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2010, 07:29 PM »
I want to be you... ;.;

« Reply #23 on: Jun 17, 2010, 05:13 AM »
That worm's eye view's nice & technically not wrong, but the house seems to foreshorten toward the sky at a harsher angle than the trees around it. Given they're organic, you've got the leeway to just say they're bent. But having them match up might've added more intensity/heavyness to it. Also, the jug on the porch looks a bit flat in relation.

Dig the headshots.

« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2010, 07:00 AM »
william - Pfff, no you dont.
Kuro - Hey, thanks for those crits, i really appreciate it, I'll keep that in mind in the future.  I definitely need more practice on perspective and what have you.

OK guys,  i got on break more than a week ago, but I've had zero time for anything. And i've got a little more than a week left off so i'm going to try and make the best out of it.  I'll be browsing through profiles and my challenge box soon to pick a battle, so if you're interested send a challenge on over.  Im thinking a 3week battle with a minimum of 4 pages, free to go beyond that of course.  Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

148 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 173.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us