Brian 'Zesty' Wolf's Art

Re: Theo/AmanitaZest's Junk
« Reply #50 on: Dec 24, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I like the simple design it is very nice and clean, and the research will definitely be good it will add things you may not have thought of to your designs Kudos on going the extra mile and a happy holidays to you too :D
"Fuck off stpl. You're no friend you're just a backstabbing leech, and I always knew it "
-------

« Reply #51 on: Dec 28, 2010, 05:49 PM »
You know, I am going to have to hand it you this is a very nice way of researching. I will endeavor to do likewise in this fashion and do the best I can with it.

Thank you Zest. :)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2010, 09:43 PM by Orion »

« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:54 AM »
awesome stuff I'm really impressed with your attention to details to little objects. like that necklase.

« Reply #53 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Thanks, you guys. C:

I'm working on a New Year's/belated Christmas-gift-thank-you card, and here's the logo for the front. Learning how to use clipping masks made this ten times easier.

I also tweaked my Secret Santa art for Arena- nothing huge, just tiny little changes that were bugging me. I think it looks better now, how about you?

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2011, 06:25 PM by Theo »

« Reply #54 on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:15 PM »
Working on coloring Leland's intro comic. Here's a preview panel:

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011, 12:37 PM by Theo »

« Reply #55 on: Feb 19, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Howdy again! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I whipped this up for the occasion, maybe you can use it next year:

This was just supposed to be a quick ink of a doodle I did in class, but it turned into a three-hour coloring epic.

« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Doing some fanart stuff to try out some new techniques. Hoping people remember this guy from the 90s.

« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Hm looks like he's from Hey Arnold but he reminds me of the Sewer King from Batman.

« Reply #58 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:06 PM »
So THAT's where Luigi goes while Mario is in the spotlight :P.

Nice dude!

« Reply #59 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Hm looks like he's from Hey Arnold but he reminds me of the Sewer King from Batman.

Ding, we have a winner! It's the Sewer King from Hey Arnold. c:

« Reply #60 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:16 PM »

Concept art for 3D animation project. Gonna be building an explorable 3d environment, hoping that it doesn't totally suck.

« Reply #61 on: Mar 23, 2011, 10:20 AM »
More concept art- trying to learn how to paint digitally. Photoshop, ~2 hours.

« Reply #62 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:31 PM »

« Reply #63 on: Apr 22, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Im liking what i see.. i totally love that little space ship. good luck with the 3d stuff.

« Reply #64 on: Apr 30, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Thanks,  man.

Speaking of which, here's a render of the 3D stuff I'm working on currently.

Annnnd a birthday gift for my girlfriend. She turns 18 in just a couple days!

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Howdy everyone! I hope you all are enjoying some nice sunny weather. I have some new pics for ya.

First up, a new sketchdump for the summer. My goal this summer is to improve my environments, which means more plants, more houses, and more vehicles. I like to do pages like the last one late in the evening, when I'm feeling loosey-goosey. It's a nice wind-down, and sometimes gives me great ideas.

Some coloring practice, using a page from TODK's Heavyweights Final round comic. If you haven't read it yet, well, what the hell are you doing here? Go, and don't forget to vote!

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Designing a CD cover for a friend's band. Ink drawing, manipulated and fake-watercolored in Photoshop.

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Pretty interesting, is that a finger coming out of that door?

Coloring is looking really nice!

« Reply #68 on: Jun 01, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Thanks, dude. c:

Here's a more recent mockup- they haven't told me whether or not they need a spine, but I went ahead and did one anyway.

I figured it was the nail that was confusing people, so I tweaked it to look more like a real finger. How's it look now?

« Reply #69 on: Jun 01, 2011, 11:53 PM »
man,...i started browsing from page 3 in your topic,..so much stuff to comment on ! :o
but in a good way,i find it pretty amazing that you can switch from cartoons towards ,childeren pictures book like style,to realism(example the hands,..they rock ! page 3)

so yeah just s generic comment but thats because i have seen so much varation in your work,and i love it !

oh yeah ! i do think that for that cd cover ,the frontside is missing some definition in that ''Eager sign'',..just the pink ''cloud'' i mean.

good stuff all around

« Reply #70 on: Jun 02, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Many thanks to you. C: I love trying to work in different styles; within reason, I feel like all artists should at least be able to stretch their work a bit to avoid being pigeonholed.

Speaking of which, here's something in a slightly different style than how I normally work.

Poster I was inspired to create after seeing this crazy-cool music video. The song is "Bizness" by the TuneYards (not interested in spelling it the way they do, that's just annoying). Weird spelling aside, they're one of my new favorite bands. If you're cool with something a lil more experimental, click the link and give a listen.

EDIT: Changed the font style to something I feel works better with the piece.
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2011, 09:14 PM by Theo »

« Reply #71 on: Jun 04, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Dug a bunch of old sketches and decided to put 'em together. I want to do one of those art improvement memes, but first I have to figure out what year these were all made...

Top three are from when I was... 12? 10? Somewhere before middle school, I imagine. The following below are through middle school, the lower pics getting closer to the end of my junior year of high school- that was about 2008, for reference.

« Reply #72 on: Jun 12, 2011, 11:24 AM »
New sketchdump from the last couple of weeks- some concept stuff from my last battle with David Birch, CD cover I've been working on, nature studies to improve drawing trees and rocks and stuff, and lots of other stuff.

« Reply #73 on: Jun 12, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Man you really fill up those pages! Love all the random little faces.

« Reply #74 on: Jun 23, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Thanks~ I love drawing those silly little faces.

Here's a Sesame Street piece I've been working on the last couple of days. It was quite fun to draw all of my favorite characters. Void, who's your favorite Muppet?

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

241 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 310.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us