SDT 2010-super important info link for new comers added to first post

Re: SDT 2010
« Reply #225 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:19 PM »

Name: Graft

Grafts was badly burnt a number of years ago when an undisclosed VOID sanctioned fight spilled into his apartment building, igniting gas lines below. He suffered 3rd degree burns over the top 60% of his body. They were so bad that not even the advanced medical teams of VOID City could save his hands, which had to be amputated below the elbow. His face was also left unrecognizable by the burns. He had many skin grafts to fix his appearance as best as it could be, but he is left with almost no features... no nose, ears, eyebrows or hair. After a mysterious fire was set in the records department of the hospital where Graft was being treated, he disappeared, as did all traces of his former identity.

Flash forward several years... news of the 2010 Speed Death Tournament broke, and Graft reappeared, with a new name, new wardrobe, and a set of experimental, very powerful cybernetic hands. Not much is known about how they are powered, except that they are linked to the pack mounted on his back. The amplify his strength, though by how much is still uncertain.

Graft is here for one thing only, to take vengeance on the VOID fighters, to erase them the way he was so carelessly erased. He is now consumed with the thought of fire... and the thought of it consuming those around him, as it once did to him.

« Reply #226 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:19 PM »
First post updated.

We'll need everyone to help push the stragglers into submitting through the main site to fill the roster.  Especially guide any new folks that may be unfamiliar.

Updated AGAIN... DAN
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2010, 06:21 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #227 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:10 PM »
My math is full of fail, but... 5 missing for 32 and 8 on that damn list making me have a heart attack? Is that right?

... submit guys... seriously... T_T I'm nervous.

« Reply #228 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:11 PM »
Perca plz split your character into three
By air

« Reply #229 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Perca plz split your character into three

DONE. I think Hiemie and I can get that figured out.

« Reply #230 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:08 PM »

« Reply #231 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:39 PM »
The New people should remember that hwere it says Intro for the comics just put your design sheet.

« Reply #232 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:48 PM »
The New people should remember that hwere it says Intro for the comics just put your design sheet.

But if you ARE new you should put in an intro comic so that we know how you make comix.

« Reply #233 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:25 PM »
EDIT:nevermind.XD ignore this now.|D

I'm confused now.:<
I've already submitted my character with the character sheet placed at the intro though. Is this alright or should I resubmit with comic pages?

« Reply #234 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Considering it's 3 days before the deadline, do you have any pages ANYWHERE online you could show us to go from? We just need to know you can do comics, I don't want to see people trying to pull a comic out of their ass in a few days.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #235 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Considering it's 3 days before the deadline, do you have any pages ANYWHERE online you could show us to go from? We just need to know you can do comics, I don't want to see people trying to pull a comic out of their ass in a few days.

I've got some comics up on my deviantart account.
http://deadrose4u2000.deviantart.com/art/Sam-Vs-Leo-page-1-145433284
This is a link to my most recent comic making.

« Reply #236 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Reposting for posterity!

The policy is (loosely) that you're okay as long as we can see you're capable of drawing decent comics. Your illustrations look good, but if you've got a link to past comic work, it would definitely be in your favor to link or post it somewhere.

This goes for anyone that hasn't submitted a character before!

« Reply #237 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:13 AM »

« Reply #238 on: Jan 26, 2010, 03:04 AM »
Due to my internet being stolen from me, and it taking at least a month and a half to get back, i have to pull out. Sorry lads.
I got a sudden urge to kill someone just now!

« Reply #239 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:18 AM »
Sorry, Monday... but you were the first person I could think of when I watched this XD

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-12029d1685b553ba5e563ef6e1c483ba.html

« Reply #240 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:59 AM »
, i have to pull out. Sorry lads.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*gasp*

..ooooooooooooooooooo! :o

Well i hope you'll eventually submit as a standard character. It's one of the coolest i've seen in a while.

« Reply #241 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:45 PM »

Name:OS-1 (Octopus Specimen #1)
Sex: Male
Hght: 5'10"
Wght: 160 lbs.

Bio: After the death of Draxx, his long-time nemesis The "O" were finally able to create the perfect fighting vessel by merging Draxx's DNA with that of their own species. In an attempt to expound on the specimen's potential and capabilities, they enlisted their "child" into the Speed Death Tournament. In doing so, they hope to acknowledge and make amends in it's physical and mental shortcomings he may have (and what the father sample had) in the realm of battle.

Abilities:
*Strength capable of enduring/lifting 6x his weight class.
*Sleek physique and unorthodox joint structure enables peak speed and agility.
*Unorthodox but textbook hand to hand,mainly to disable/stun his opponent (prefers gun play)
*Rubber-like skin as durable as shark skin.
*When skin is broken, he secretes a tar-like substance that act as a healing agent/adhesive
*Excellent Marksmanship with projectiles

Weaponry:
*Kevlar-related suit which can endure limited energy based impact.
*Tightly graphed to keep limbs and anatomy from being dismembered/compromised(but can be punctured after constant attention)
*His "parents" constantly provide him with an arsenal of handguns and other projectiles.The favored are his duo hand guns that emits energy rounds. the other is a light-based dagger which extends to the length of about 2 ft.... which can connect to create a gun with a more concentrated blast (sniper capabilities).
*Carries Mal-orbs that are cherry sized that can serve two purposes :the membrane can be broken an its sap works as an acidic liquid his skins immune to OR thrown and emits a concussive "belch" of the acid.
*Helmet keeps him connected with his parents. In doing so, they can relay information throughout battle.

Personality:
*Mute
*Due to being totally shut off from the world until now,he shows a slight sense of curiosity of over living/ non-living things around him.
*Shown signs of possible traits picked up by his predecessor....
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 05:48 PM by Mrnoitaull »

« Reply #242 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:56 PM »
one of my faves bro!
So many cool characters :)

« Reply #243 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:30 PM »
2 more days submit you bastards.

« Reply #244 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Just to let you guys know that I'm up for the 32 competitors deal, but if we can't make it, don't consider my entry.

I'm really really busy and found a suicidal gap in my schedule for SDT. But I will only take part if it's epic, since having that gap is still worth in my damn stupid life.

Just a hands up. It we get to 32 with my char on the count, it's cool. Less, it's like I didn't submited a char at all, ok?

« Reply #245 on: Jan 26, 2010, 10:46 PM »
I'll submit my char tomorrow when I get some free time to scan some intro pages.

« Reply #246 on: Jan 27, 2010, 12:05 AM »
Mkay, does this look right guys? I've never played on this site before. Any suggestions? My ref image to sketchy?
Also, since I'm new, who do I show sample comics to? Not that Have much to show.

Name: Cole Thistlethorn
Height: 2ft 3in
!Age: 22

Bio:
Cole is a little magician with a secret. He's actually a wizard hiding in plain sight, his cane being his wand. It can also be used to cast spells or as A BIG STICK TO WHACK PEOPLE.

Cole grew up under the care of his father who taught him the way of wizards but unfortunately his father died testing a new spell. Now alone, Cole had to learn to fend and learn for himself. Being clever he did himself well picking up a job at a joke shop and picked up a number of 'magic' tricks. Soon he became the talk of the town with his daring stunts but then learned of a powerful wizard in a city named Void. He traveled to this city doing shows and tricks along the way hoping to meet up with the old Wizard but when Cole finally found him the Wizard told him to screw off. Disheartened Cole decided to enter the tournament vowing that if he won he would seek out the old Wizard again with a bit more to his name.

Extra: Cole is a Caracal, a species of cat that is amazing at jumping

« Reply #247 on: Jan 27, 2010, 12:11 AM »

Moar SDT fighters! MOAR!
;-)

« Reply #248 on: Jan 27, 2010, 04:47 AM »
How many more missing for the lucky number 32? 5? 4? 3? 2? 1?

Damn I need to know *bite nails*

« Reply #249 on: Jan 27, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Character submitted  to the main site ;D

Hope it's ok, and here's the complete Reference Sheet if you guys want to check it out
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 06:15 AM by keiichi79 »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

281 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us